Make a donation

Author Topic: What's your favourite Ferrari?  (Read 10493 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: What's your favourite Ferrari?
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2012, 02:48:09 pm »
If I could only choose one Porsche for my fantasy garage it would have to be a 1973 911 Carrera RS 2.7.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2012, 02:54:03 pm »
mate of mine has a green one just like that its stunning

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2012, 02:55:19 pm »
most people have offered their favourite Ferrari, but qualified it with other statements regarding their preferences. i think that's fair enough really. it still answers the question and there's nothing wrong with a healthy discussion regarding supercars  :smiley:

bit disappointed with the lack of photoage tho. (no Robin, that doesn't mean a babe draped over a supercar  :P - but if you have an example of said photo i wouldn't complain!)

Let me help with that:

Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2012, 10:34:02 pm »
^^^^
I think that what Ian (the OP) means by his thread title is "Assuming you love Ferrari's, which one (Ferrari only) is your favourite?"

So, stating you prefer another marque such as Porsche, Lambo, etc is actually off topic. We all have our individual preferences and should respect the preferences of others.

Aren't some of you being a bit pedantic?

Thank you Robin. Eloquence beyond my capacities! What is your favourite Ferrari? If you don't like Ferrari's, you probably haven't got a favourite one!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2012, 10:56:01 pm »

Thank you Robin. Eloquence beyond my capacities! What is your favourite Ferrari? If you don't like Ferrari's, you probably haven't got a favourite one!

....Doubtless due to my English Public School heducassion.

My favourite Ferrari? - Quite a few, each for a different reason, but the 458 Coupe would be the most practical and suit my needs. I would probably want to keep my GTI as well though.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2012, 11:01:10 pm »

....Doubtless due to my English Public School heducassion.

My favourite Ferrari? - Quite a few, each for a different reason, but the 458 Coupe would be the most practical and suit my needs. I would probably want to keep my GTI as well though.
Old School? I think I'm going to stick with the 288 GTO. Amazing styling, a muscular supercar take on the 308/328, and precursor to the F40 in terms of perfomance. But contemporary? 458 Spider for me.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline AnilS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2012, 10:00:24 pm »
456 GTA

Offline Bernhard30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2012, 01:16:04 am »
F40 gets the vote from me chaps.

That said I followed a 458 along the road today and it looked pretty mega, though gotta say this 458 looked a tad out of place doing 25 mph in Newcastle traffic just after 6:00pm. Not being thrapped up some mountain pass with loadsarevs onboard.

However it was very shiney and very red. And the dark grey wheels look uber cool.

h4rdy

« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2012, 10:20:42 am »
Not a fan and to say why would be off topic but:

F40 is the only one I would pay money for.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2012, 10:23:39 am »
456 GTA

I absolutely loved the 456 GTA when it came out. Don't think time has been kind to it though.

h4rdy

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2012, 10:24:31 am »
If I could only choose one Porsche for my fantasy garage it would have to be a 1973 911 Carrera RS 2.7.

Yes thats the car I would take over ANY Ferrari any day of the week.

Obviously if I was given a Ferrari I could sell then it would be the most expensive one so I could buy the above.

TBH even the ethics of Porsche nowadays is debatable but thats progress for you I suppose.

I still believe in my mind that even if I had a bit of money I would still be into VW's but who knows until/if that happens.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:18:24 pm by h4rdy »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2012, 01:10:14 pm »

TBH even the ethics or Porsche nowadays is debatable but thats progress for you I suppose.

....What do you mean by "even the ethics"?  :smiley:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2012, 01:18:37 pm »

TBH even the ethics or Porsche nowadays is debatable but thats progress for you I suppose.

i'm guessing models like the Cayenne and Panamera in their line up, rather than being a purist sports car builder. whilst i hate what the Cayenne and Panamera stand for, they have made Porsche much more profitable and hence have made the 911 and Boxster/Cayman some of the best (relatively) affordable sports cars on the planet
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2012, 02:18:58 pm »
Not a fan of Ferrari's from the last 20 years or so,but my fav "classic" is the 288 GTO.Rare and just screams DRIVE ME VERY VERY FAAAAST!!

h4rdy

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2012, 03:17:43 pm »

Should have said 'of' Porsche, Ill change it.