Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk6 rear calipers - **advice needed**  (Read 1273 times)

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
Mk6 rear calipers - **advice needed**
« on: August 05, 2012, 01:49:05 pm »
Will these fit directly onto a mk5?

**Purchased a set of Ashley on here this week but tried fitting them tonight and it doesnt appear to be that straight forward. The carriers and calipers do bolt straight on but the brake pipe positioning and fitment are completely different and won't match at all. Any way around this? will simply buying mk6 pipes sort it or is it more complcated?**

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:55:38 pm by swgti »
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: Mk6 rear calipers.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 02:58:27 pm »
YES

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Mk6 rear calipers - **advice needed**
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 08:56:53 pm »
Bump.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 04:07:15 pm »
After further investigation it would appear the around 2010 they changed the rears to the Bosch type that I've now got, the pipe enters the top of the caliper directly and not through a section of rigid pipe on the underside like the mk5 and early mk6. I'm guessing because they're relatively new that's why I'm struggling to find aftermarket pipes. Unfortunately the local dealer won't help unless I've got the chassis or reg number of the car they came off, does anyone have access to etka to get the part no or should I just take a gamble and go with a reg no of any 2010 onwards mk6 gti and hope for the best? Really need this sorted now as the car has been off the road for a week.

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 11:57:55 pm »
How did you get on with these mate?

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:08:48 am »
They work a treat (I mentioned them in the other thread about the NQSBBK thread)as said  they bolt straight on and all you need is the different break line. I eventually got the right part by asking a a lad at a local VW garage to look at an ED35 set up, as I said I'm not sure if the ones i've got are a new type for all  Mk6's or specifically for the ED35. I'll try and post some pics up of the parts for you either on this thread or the other one. 

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:35:45 am »
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5753924-Jetta-MK6-Drums-to-Disc-conversion

This shows the calipers and the version of pipe you'll need, note the pipe enters the caliper at the top and there is no longer the rigid part that it screws into just a flexi pipe with attachments at each end. Other than that everything is the same.
Sorry but haven't got the part No for the pipe anymore.