Make a donation

Author Topic: Cheap Last minute holidays?  (Read 720 times)

Offline JamieP86

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Cheap Last minute holidays?
« on: August 05, 2012, 02:19:00 pm »
Looking to head on holiday from the 10th of August onwards for a couple of weeks with the missus, we havent booked anything yet, but i cant seem to find any cheap last minute deals...

Been scouring the web for hours and nothing has come up... Years ago you could pick up a bargain, doesnt seem so now!

Anyone have any ideas?!

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: Cheap Last minute holidays?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 03:43:59 pm »
Try going into the travel agents and see what kind of deals they offer.

There is a lot of companies on ice lolly.com and teletext that will offer cheap holidays but make sure you ask them to confirm the final price before you give them your card details

I went to book one in may and the advertised price was £309 per person and I tried to book for me and my son but by the time they added luggage, check in and other fees they tried to charge me a total of £1200. I had to cancell my bank card to stop them taking the money.

Flight fuel dutys and airport charges have shot up quite a bit this year so this has had a big effect on holidays

I booked my flights and accommodation separately but the cheapest I could get was £780 for 2 people for a week

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:57:01 pm »
Looking to head on holiday from the 10th of August onwards for a couple of weeks with the missus, we havent booked anything yet, but i cant seem to find any cheap last minute deals...

Been scouring the web for hours and nothing has come up... Years ago you could pick up a bargain, doesnt seem so now!

Anyone have any ideas?!

http://www.thomson.co.uk/late-deals/late-deals.html#departureDateFrom=10/8/2012&departureDateTo=17/9/2012&locationType=WORLD&locationCode=WORLD&locationInclusions=ALL&duration=14&boardBasis=&tRating=1,2,3,4,5&subProductCode=&ratingMatch=exact&minPrice=&maxPrice=&sortOrder=finalPriceAsc&offerFrom=1&offerTo=15&offerPage=1&departureAirport=LGW,LTN,STN

Offline JamieP86

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 04:35:53 pm »
Baz, going to head to a travel agents if i can get a couple of hours off work tomorrow...

Poverty, had a look at last minute deals from them, but mainly they're last minute, in September! So hardly last minute!