Make a donation

Author Topic: Subaru BRZ or Toyota GT86  (Read 3237 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Subaru BRZ or Toyota GT86
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 11:21:57 am »
yep he loves that car but he said you cant knock a used cayman

and i take his point about it being used and your purchase not being backed by a warranty...

You won't touch 5 years, but if you buy a car from the Porsche Approved scheme you can purchase two years full warranty (comparable to their new car warranty) for £1700. With used Cayman prices as they are it looks pretty feasible that you could work that into the total cost of ownership.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 11:32:00 am »
yep he loves that car but he said you cant knock a used cayman

For sure, it will still feel like a beautifully engineered £50k car in used form and the GT86 is a different animal.

The Toybaru still looks a bucket of fun, and a serious bargain in a couple of years.... With 3 years warranty left too!
Sideways yo!

Offline Fozzy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 10:35:34 pm »
I currently work for Toyota and have our demo now for the last month and half....what a difference 2000 miles makes!!

Lovely car and turning the salesman head off it really is a car you have to drive before you can judge it!!! Its well planted and more than enough to lose your licence.

Also found out from a friend who works for admiral they are 8 insurance groups difference and the suspension is different on the BRZ! Looking forward to seeing the TRD version hitting our showroom early Januray im being told!

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 01:05:24 pm »
Running a Porsche is a whole different ballgame to running a Toyota.  Trust me, I've been there.

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 09:00:44 pm »
So, just thought id bump this..
I just saw the advert for the Toyota GT86.. i think it looks fantastic. Looks like it handles really well and gets good reviews..
Major downs are the lack of power and no flappy paddle option, although that may go against the "old school" feel it seems they went for?

Still, very interesting and very cheap

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline TIGER-UPPERCUT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 11:30:00 am »
Saw one in the flesh last night, looked really nice.

Think the American boys have already turbo charged one 280bhp

http://www.tune86.com/ft-86-news/23387-accelerated-performance-turbocharger-kit-278whp

Cant see much problem off adding a supercharger to these as well....the old toyota corolla twin cams could be supercharged.
2006 GTI - KWv1 - Poly Fronts - K&N Panel Filter - RTech Stage 1