Make a donation

Author Topic: Ferrari driver and NYC cop altercation  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: Ferrari driver and NYC cop altercation
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 07:55:02 pm »
I understand what everyone is saying but why on earth did he think he could stop him from driving off by trying to stand in front of him driving off. Whilst we have a few British police officers on here I'm sure they'll tell us if it's taught to them in their training that they should never stand in front of a car that is about to drive away. Was a silly thing to do by driving off from a simple parking ticket but was just as silly thinking it was a good idea to stand where he did. I know I wouldn't be stupid enough to do it haha I bet he was gutted when he found the damage though! Hopefully he regretted it and they kissed n made up lol

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 09:10:23 pm »
 :signLOL: what a pair of tools
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Ifti

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 10:30:10 pm »
Notice how the copper was fine just after having his foot run over, while he was pulling the guy out of the car and throwing him down on the floor, but as time goes on he starts to develop a limp, which gets worse with time....lol

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 10:34:05 pm »
Notice how the copper was fine just after having his foot run over, while he was pulling the guy out of the car and throwing him down on the floor, but as time goes on he starts to develop a limp, which gets worse with time....lol

Probably all them camera phones pointing at him, make your foot hurt them things.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 10:09:12 am »
Looked fine to me. You assault an officer in the course of his duty and that is what happens.  The guy was bullying his way out with the car he knew he wasn't supposed to be moving it. I mean okay don't put your foot there but it is the drivers responsibility not to run people over. Some guy sticks his foot right in front of my tyre you can't just drive over it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:13:20 am by mad_pete »

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 01:53:43 am »
http://www.worldcarfans.com/112082247489/actor-julien-chabbott-sued-for-10m-after-running-over

apparently the driver was an actor, and the police officer is milking it for everything he can.

apparently the car was parked legally in a valet area of a hotel the driver was visiting.

i've got no sympathy for the cop. i did suspect he was faking the injury, tho i didn't say anything before because i felt that the driver was at fault for parking illegally (which it turns out he may not have been). this frivolous law suit makes me lose all sympathy for the cop. on what grounds does his legal team justify a case for $10m? loss of earnings? i think not. even your travel insurance wouldn't pay anywhere near that if you suffered a traumatic amputation of your foot whilst on holiday.

i would expect a police officer to act more honourably. he may (or may not) have had his foot run over, but an unjustified frivolous law suit is not the ethical way to behave, even in the circumstances.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:12:58 am by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 07:16:59 am »
$10m for having your foot driven over? I'll have some of that.

Oh, and has Ifti been banned? :grin:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 09:21:50 am »
That pretty much sums up the yanks i'm afraid, if the guy was parked illegally fair enough but for the copper to put his foot in front of the car was STUPID, he knew the driver was about to set off and clearly saw an opportunity to get his foot under the car tyre and claim for injury (From the driver seat the driver could not see him move his foot in the way!), hope that claim gets thrown out and that the driver gets his ticket (if parked illegally) and if he was not parked illegally the copper gets re-educated on parking infringements and forced to issue an apology to driver and that should be the end of that, what I suspect will happen is the driver will counter his claim with his own claim for $10 Million for police brutality if he was indeed parked legally......

I was on holiday in USA back in 1999 and my brother some mates and myself were out having a few beers in a bar, the bar in question had swing doors (old saloon type) we walked in the bar (my brother first), he swung the doors open and smacked some little fella right in the chops with the door  :confused:, what he was doing right behind swing doors i have no idea  :stupid:, his nose was bleeding and he started shouting at my brother saying "I am gonna sue you for all your worth", I pissed myself laughing and said to my brother "That's about £500 then", we were all laughing (it probably did not help calm the ickle fella), I pointed out to him the signs on the back of the swing doors that stated clearly "No standing, risk of injury, keep clear of doors" or words to that effect, he said he would sue anyway, it was then my brother got his passport out and said to the guy "I don't think your suing anyone mate, your stood in the wrong place, there are plenty of witnesses and I am not american mate", police turned up, I spoke to them, mentioned we were tourists and pointed out we were not drunk (it was only the second bar we were at), pointed out the signs on the doors and that he was standing in wrong place and that he only got injured coz he stood behind the doors and coz he was a small fella and his face was at height of top of swing door (A fault if anything of the bar owners), police said to us "that's fine guys, you have a nice vacation" and sent us on our way  :congrats:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:31:20 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 09:44:30 am »
Oh, and has Ifti been banned? :grin:
I think Ifti had a tiff with one of the mods because he didn't contribute much to the forum other than selling IT stuff. Hence he was "deregistered". Whether it was voluntary or not, I've no idea.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.