Make a donation

Author Topic: LEGAL HELP NEEDED  (Read 15679 times)

R32UK

Re: LEGAL HELP NEEDED
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2012, 10:54:08 am »

and the Hillsborough tragedy was not caused by the police . No police officer trampled to death anyone . The Football crowd of 1989 was very different to what we have now today and so were football stadiums , this tragedy led to all sorts of changes and caused football stadia to become all seaterss .

Now the issue of Police changing statements is well worth looking into . How can it be done ? Have you ever given a statement ? It is a signed document signed by the person who gives the evidence .

Lets see what comes of the investigation

Are you fcuking serious??  :surprised: :surprised:

I think you maybe need to read the FULL REPORT before you stay things that you obviously have no knowledge of.

For what its worth, 41 people could have been saved had it not been for mistakes made by the police during the incident. 96 lives could have been saved had they not made the huge mistake of opening a gate on that day. Every police officer working on that day knew that this order was given.

It took 23 years for this to come out. Not once during that period did anyone speak out about the injustice!! As far as I am concerned every police officer working that day should face a custodial sentence... how does 23 years sound??? Not very nice I imagine  :stupid:

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2012, 11:16:45 am »
I don't think due process is a waste of public money. The officers were of the opinion an offense was committed and the everybody has the right to put their side of the story.

The judge hears the evidence from both and then rules, the officers thought they had enough to prosecute and the judge's opinion was it wasn't quite enough.   That's due process, not waste.

and as for being on the phone isn't a big deal, I was watching police, camera, nonsense on sky and a woman, on the phone, pulled out the wrong way of a garage into incoming traffic and wiped out an oncoming car seriously and permanently injuring it's driver that seems like a big deal.

I wouldn't be suprised if the coppers did follow you home, but if you are driving legally that's not a problem is it.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2012, 01:19:15 pm »
I don't think due process is a waste of public money. The officers were of the opinion an offense was committed and the everybody has the right to put their side of the story.

If the officers had used common sense and checked his phones at roadside and seen he was not making nor receiving calls there would have been no waste of public money or peoples time

the officers thought they had enough to prosecute and the judge's opinion was it wasn't quite enough.   That's due process, not waste.

As above, it was a waste, it need not have happened!

I wouldn't be suprised if the coppers did follow you home, but if you are driving legally that's not a problem is it.

Why should they tho?, apart from smacking of petty (having just lost their case) I thought they had to have reason?, If it had been me I would have pulled over got out of the car and had a cig whilst reading my paper  :happy2:
I respect the police and the job they do, but they do make mistakes and don't like to admit it, instead they are happy to waste your time!.

My mate just lost a fellow officer in the Hattersley/Tameside shooting (she lived in the same village as him and worked in same area), there are nutters out there to be dealt with and he is fully aware of the danger of the job, but after speaking to an ex-police officer last night (while catching up on things) I mentioned this case to him and he said "Had they bothered to check the call logs on both his phones and seen no call was being made/received the incident would not have even been reported", he did make a joke saying maybe they were having a quiet day  :signLOL:

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2012, 11:05:25 pm »
Unless I'm missing something I can go to my phone log and swipe delete very easily.

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2012, 09:11:09 am »

Unmarked following you home on the same exact time you leave court after winning your case coincidence?  :grin:, sour grapes?  :happy2:

....The same two officers who originally stopped you? Surely just leaving court the same time as you and going back to base.

How did you know it was Police if unmarked? Little blue lights hiding away? Or was it paranoia?

It's all very well to say it was a waste of time and public money after the event has been proved to be innocent but we must accept other people's points of view and not judge the Police as acting in a way to cover up their mistake. It doesn't mean that they weren't covering up but remember that everyone is innocent until proved guilty.

I think that the OP was absolutely right to have insisted on his innocence and on going to court. I think that it was absolutely right for the Police to prosecute as there was clearly an element of doubt. The court, as it is designed to do, dispensed fair justice. So I don't think this case was a waste of time or 'public*' money - (*It's no longer your money once it's handed over in tax etc).

As said before, I'm very glad to see that Police are coming down hard on mobile phone drivers. They were over zealous in hindsight but were doing their job.

I don't know about England but in Glasgow area 90% of unmarked police cars begin with the registration plate SF, they have numerous aerials on the roof, you can see the little blue lights in the front grille an the fact there were 2 uniformed officers in the front seats lol

If they were going to their base they must have been going a pretty long way for a shortcut as I live pretty far away from the police stations in the surrounding area. It doesn't bother me at all as I had nothing to hide and I don't drive out with the law  :signLOL:

Just glad it's over with!
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2012, 09:28:09 am »
^^^^
I wish our English unmarked cars were as 'unmarked' as yours! On the otherhand I personally prefer them to the marked cars because the unmarked usually follow you for much longer and use their discretion based on your overall driving. I have been stopped lots of times by the unmarked boys for speed (I never exceed the 30 and 40 mph limits though) but always let off....  So far!!

Anyway, we are all very glad that this has come to a happy conclusion for you. I hope that you won't feel anti-Police as a result of this case - They are just doing their job and, like everyone, some are better than others.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2012, 10:17:09 am »
^^^^
I wish our English unmarked cars were as 'unmarked' as yours! On the otherhand I personally prefer them to the marked cars because the unmarked usually follow you for much longer and use their discretion based on your overall driving. I have been stopped lots of times by the unmarked boys for speed (I never exceed the 30 and 40 mph limits though) but always let off....  So far!!

Anyway, we are all very glad that this has come to a happy conclusion for you. I hope that you won't feel anti-Police as a result of this case - They are just doing their job and, like everyone, some are better than others.
No not at all I don't have any problems with the police, they were only doing their jobs. In their eyes they saw me in what appeared to be in conversation on a mobile telephone, by the way ma hand was resting on my head I can understand why they pulled me over, everyone makes mistakes so I can't hold it against them for that. No grudges held on my side.

As for unmarked police car most of them can be spotted a mile away (if you know what you are looking for) I've even seen them drive BMW M3s, golf R32s and even had a sneaky wee policeman race up behind me in a Focus RS trying to coax me into racing and when I didn't respond he over took me and I noticed it was an unmarked police car with 2 uniform officers driving, thought this was a little cheeky as a few people would have went for a bit of fun if that type of car raced up behind them on the inside lane of a dual carriageway!!
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2012, 10:22:03 am »
^^^ well given that was apparently a black "unmarked" police car with tints and "motorsport" across the back that goaded drivers into racing and then pulled them over for speeding, it wouldn't surprise me.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2012, 11:47:39 am »
Unless I'm missing something I can go to my phone log and swipe delete very easily.

Yup that smacks of guilt tho and the OP had not done that

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2012, 12:52:14 pm »
I'm just saying the phone log can be altered and therefore Is not conclusive proof of phone use. I'm not saying it was at all I'm just saying it could be.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2012, 12:57:31 pm »
They can still approach the phone company for details and IIRC some data might well be recoverable.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2012, 01:05:24 pm »
i was stopped for the same thing a couple days ago ..  i didnt even have a phone in my posession at the time . they did give the car a good search but what made me laugh was the guy was that adiment he was right that he checked the boot ... im sorry officer but how am i going to be on the phone whilst driving with my phone in the boot?! haha

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2012, 01:08:40 pm »
A friend of a friend was on the phone got pulled, but he had 2 phones (work and personnal) so he dropped the one he was talking on under the seat and presented the log of the other one as proof he wasn't on the phone. My point is presenting a phone log on the side of the road is not conclusive proof a person wasn't on the phone.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2012, 01:17:10 pm »
A friend of a friend was on the phone got pulled, but he had 2 phones (work and personnal) so he dropped the one he was talking on under the seat and presented the log of the other one as proof he wasn't on the phone. My point is presenting a phone log on the side of the road is not conclusive proof a person wasn't on the phone.

And neither is a police officer accusing you of something you were not doing  :grin:, then spending your time proving them wrong which they need not have done.

Surely a simple check and common sense could have prevailed and saved everyones time (including the half a day late PO's)  :signLOL:

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2012, 02:38:25 pm »
I'm fairly sure police don't have access to phone records without some sort of process. We must have some coppers on here. You guys allowed to see my call records at the drop of a hat ? Civil liberties issues aside would be good if there was some sort of access to see if a phone was active at a certain time so it easy to check but I doubt there is.