Make a donation

Poll

good product to remove brake dust

3 (75%)
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: brake dust removal  (Read 3159 times)

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: brake dust removal
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 03:33:57 pm »
Hey guys I didn't check out this post since putting it on, just can't stop laughing at some of your comments, sorry if I ofended some of you that was not meant.
I didn't explain the wheels were off the car and were going to be refurbished, just seemed a cheap way of getting them ready for prep......thanks again. :signLOL:

Haha does explain alot! Pretty sure no one on here would advise using it on a daily basis. As above, who knows how much its eating into the lacquer or paint!  :happy2:

Stick to the purple stuff on your shiny wheels guys  :wink:

Offline john a

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 11
    • The Veneers Cover Band
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 04:19:14 pm »
OP wouldn't be the first to use brick acid (or a derivative) on heavily contaminated wheels and if used carefully, there's no reason why it cannot be used but I would exercise caution on the dilution, limit the amount of time it is left to dwell and rinse it so there are absolutely no traces of it left on the wheel. I also personally would stick to wheel cleaners and fallout removers such as Iron X.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 02:32:02 pm »
True story - Only today I was talking to a lad in the carpark at work and he recommended beer pump line cleaner for my wheels, said it brings them up a treat.......all this with a perfectly straight face.

Still amuses me when you see these hand car washes advertising "acid" wheel cleans, I wonder how many people use them all the time thinking its the d's b's and then wonder why all the paint has fallen off their alloys.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline quattrogmbh

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 09:18:59 pm »
Iron-X or Wolf's Deironizer.  You can find suppliers for both on Detailingworld.

The alternative is some clay.