Make a donation

Author Topic: just had a r-tech remap  (Read 17431 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: just had a r-tech remap
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2012, 09:25:14 pm »
Well I was told by Dave either Sat or Mon, so will start 2 get annoyed if not here by then! Im booked in at R Tech on Thursday, so cutting it bloody fine if only comes on Wednesday!! I mean Dave has known bout this for wks now!! :-S

Not sure why you should get annoyed?  :confused:, your getting it for free bud  :happy2:.

I am pretty sure the updated pipe does not grow on a tree in the bottom of Dave's garden  :grin:, in fact  I am told Forge are making it so he can only give info based on what they tell him, if delayed it will be forge for you to shout at  :laugh:

Just chill, wait for it to arrive (patiently like myself  :wink:) and once it's arrived get it fitted, if that means re-arranging a booking im sure Nick @ R-tech can accommodate you, job done, everyone relax!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:29:11 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2012, 10:17:39 pm »
I perhaps should have chosen an alternative word to 'annoyed', maybe more 'concerned', is that ok for you??? I appreciate these are foc, and there are numerous reasons why this is the case, but, again, thank you for pulling me up on this bud!! All I ever want is accurate information, and if im giving personal assurance that something will arrive on time, then I expect that to happen. At the end of the day I just dont want to mess anyone around!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2012, 08:56:40 am »
I perhaps should have chosen an alternative word to 'annoyed', maybe more 'concerned', is that ok for you??? I appreciate these are foc, and there are numerous reasons why this is the case, but, again, thank you for pulling me up on this bud!! All I ever want is accurate information, and if im giving personal assurance that something will arrive on time, then I expect that to happen. At the end of the day I just dont want to mess anyone around!

I learned never to "expect" anything, if you don't Expect it to happen then you will not be dissapointed when it does not happen  :happy2:

Relying on info provided 3rd hand is never a good idea, bottom line your relying on Dave, Dave is relying on Forge who in turn are relying on the courier and suppliers  :signLOL:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2012, 10:35:27 am »
Yes, i do appreciate your comments but it's the business world we live i'm afraid. It's the Buyer within me that comes out in instances such as this... :indifferent:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2012, 12:50:56 pm »
Yes, i do appreciate your comments but it's the business world we live i'm afraid. It's the Buyer within me that comes out in instances such as this... :indifferent:

I sell stuff (lots) on Ebay and am used to delays, problems and stupid questions from buyers.

E.g.

Picture shows a clear bodyshell and nothing else in picture, description states clearly clear bodyshell only NO other parts included and you get questions like:-

Is it painted?
does it come with paint?
does it include stickers?

Buyer from Switzerland buys item on 10th, he pays on 14th, you mark it shipped on 15th, he then emails on 16th asking why his item has not arrived   :stupid: :signLOL: :signLOL:
Do that for a week or two and you get de-sensitised to delays/issues  :signLOL:

Being a seller I know how it works, as a buyer I just wait for things to arrive  :grin:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:55:43 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2012, 01:14:43 pm »
Yeap, fully agree mate, and if both parties are 'private' individuals, this is part and parcel of home buying/selling, but when one is buying from a company, yes, I do expect a certain level of service! To be fair, I have been extremely impressed by their service thus far, and, my threads/comments have sung their praises to the enth degree repeatedly; I guess im just a 'tell it as it is' kind of bloke! Anyway, ive now had to reschedule R Tech for a couple of weeks time (for another reason), so panic over for now!! :-o

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2012, 02:08:59 pm »
Anyway, ive now had to reschedule R Tech for a couple of weeks time (for another reason), so panic over for now!! :-o

Probably a good job you did, Dave just emailed saying my bits are due end of the week, he knows I am not in a rush tho  :happy2:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2012, 02:16:58 pm »
you see, that's what i mean, the ETA changes by the day, all i ever ask for is consistency. I mean, if somebody turned around and said there is a chance that it might take a couple of weeks, i'd take that and work around it; i'd rather have that than false hope tbh!  :sad1:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2012, 02:20:57 pm »
you see, that's what i mean, the ETA changes by the day, all i ever ask for is consistency. I mean, if somebody turned around and said there is a chance that it might take a couple of weeks, i'd take that and work around it; i'd rather have that than false hope tbh!  :sad1:

Here's a tip, whatever time frame someone tells you add a week to it  :signLOL:

ETA will change for end user when manufacturer and dealer are sending onto you, things change, don't worry about it, I am sure you can live without the 6 or 7hp for a few weeks more  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2012, 02:34:41 pm »
that's where we differ mate, lol!! I'm a business man and IF i inform a customer of a due date, i go out of my way to ensure that the goods arive on or before that date!! I hear what you're saying about waiting a few more days for a few extra bhp, but it's the principle of the matter my friend. That's where a lot of us Brits fall down sometimes; i'm speaking generically when i say that too often when we pay good money out, we sit back and accept a standard of service that is below par. I for one am not one of these people!!  :evilgrin:

We clearly have different views on this, so probably best we agree to disagree and await our extra '6 or 7 bhp in our own ways'!!  :P

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2012, 03:07:17 pm »
that's where we differ mate, lol!! I'm a business man and IF i inform a customer of a due date, i go out of my way to ensure that the goods arive on or before that date!! I hear what you're saying about waiting a few more days for a few extra bhp, but it's the principle of the matter my friend. That's where a lot of us Brits fall down sometimes; i'm speaking generically when i say that too often when we pay good money out, we sit back and accept a standard of service that is below par. I for one am not one of these people!!  :evilgrin:

We clearly have different views on this, so probably best we agree to disagree and await our extra '6 or 7 bhp in our own ways'!!  :P

Not that different, I am a business owner myself, if I am relying on something coming into stock from a supplier to send onto a customer I dont give a date to customer, only date I will give is .. You will have it within 2-3 days of the date I receive it  :happy2:

Yes I generally accept delays as part of normal life, especially when dealing with suppliers and customs delays.

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2012, 05:21:28 pm »
Just to let u all know that I received a txt from Dave saying I will receive mine before 1pm tomorrow

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2012, 07:51:35 pm »
Yeah, I got a text from Dave too, here's hoping, although I will have to wait another 2 wks now until I get my 'extra 6 or 7 bhp', lol!! ;-)

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2012, 08:04:18 pm »
Yeah, I got a text from Dave too, here's hoping, although I will have to wait another 2 wks now until I get my 'extra 6 or 7 bhp', lol!! ;-)

What do u mean 6 or 7bhp mate??

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2012, 08:11:57 pm »
Dan, read the previous comments on this thread, Im saying that with tongue in cheek, lol!