Make a donation

Author Topic: just had a r-tech remap  (Read 17430 times)

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
Re: just had a r-tech remap
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2012, 12:38:37 am »
Join the club, lol! ;-)

I've been to r-tech twice in July this year,1st time I told her the cooker needs a service so I left home well early & the second time I told her the extractor fan is f@@ked & I left home early again...back in June I went for the H&R groupbuy from APS,I told the misses the potato peeler is F@@ked so I left home early....start of July I told the misses that the gas metre needs changing but in reality I went right up to haydock for the BCS powervalve..cut it short,I'm running out of lies man

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2012, 09:26:20 am »
Join the club, lol! ;-)

I've been to r-tech twice in July this year,1st time I told her the cooker needs a service so I left home well early & the second time I told her the extractor fan is f@@ked & I left home early again...back in June I went for the H&R groupbuy from APS,I told the misses the potato peeler is F@@ked so I left home early....start of July I told the misses that the gas metre needs changing but in reality I went right up to haydock for the BCS powervalve..cut it short,I'm running out of lies man

Well stop lying to her and Man Up, tell her how it is and tell her how you spend your money  :signLOL:

Nah, never gonna happen, the grief, stares, sex-ban and emotional guilt trip she will offer up ain't worth it  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Tell her your going to look at a new Range from a new supplier!, there you go another excuse!

Your car is in for diagnostics as it has developed fault, another one.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:40:24 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:02 am »
Since my gal was last in car, i've gone from stock to new BCS Powervalve exhaust, Twintake, and an extra 60bhp/100lbs torque.....she won't notice anything when she is next in it i'm sure!!  :pomppomp:

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2012, 10:05:33 am »
Join the club, lol! ;-)

Well stop lying to her and Man Up, tell her how it is and tell her how you spend your money  :signLOL:

Nah, never gonna happen, the grief, stares, sex-ban and emotional guilt trip she will offer up ain't worth it  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Tell her your going to look at a new Range from a new supplier!, there you go another excuse!

I'm in her black book since early last year mate....i brought a unused supercharger kit in nov10..the wait was too long so I offered to pay for her holiday last year so she went away for two weeks back in jan11,fitted it while she was away on holiday

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:42 am »
Join the club, lol! ;-)

Well stop lying to her and Man Up, tell her how it is and tell her how you spend your money  :signLOL:

Nah, never gonna happen, the grief, stares, sex-ban and emotional guilt trip she will offer up ain't worth it  :signLOL: :signLOL:

I'm in her black book since early last year mate....i brought a unused supercharger kit in nov10..the wait was too long so I offered to pay for her holiday last year so she went away for two weeks back in jan11,fitted it while she was away on holiday

Jeez, you sound like your whipped!  :signLOL:

Been there done that, got rid of her!  :happy2:

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2012, 11:53:00 am »
Join the club, lol! ;-)

Jeez, you sound like your whipped!  :signLOL:

Been there done that, got rid of her!  :happy2:

Hey mate,what's the score with the tamiya rc cars ??i used to love them..had quite a few bk in the good old days

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2012, 05:50:17 pm »
Join the club, lol! ;-)

Well stop lying to her and Man Up, tell her how it is and tell her how you spend your money  :signLOL:

Nah, never gonna happen, the grief, stares, sex-ban and emotional guilt trip she will offer up ain't worth it  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Jeez, you sound like your whipped!  :signLOL:

Been there done that, got rid of her!  :happy2:

Hey mate,what's the score with the tamiya rc cars ??i used to love them..had quite a few bk in the good old days

Tamiya have already or plan to re-release most of them  :happy2:, That's great news for the 30-40 somethings to relive their youth but not so great for the serious collector of the old "Vintage" versions (I don't collect them anymore myself, sold all mine 5.5 years ago and bought a GTI 1.8T with the money, it was getting silly having 35+ RC cars in my basement :happy2:). At one point between Tamiya and Kyosho I had over 60 RC buggies  :surprised:, I have 2 left now!.

Both of my first Tamiya RC cars have been re-released in one form or another, Sand Scorcher and Terra Scorcher (Thundershot/Firedragon).

I sold all my more expensive RC cars to collectors who would appreciate them and put them in glass cabinets rather than shove £250 of brushless motor and Lipo pack in them and thrash them to within and inch of their life.

I collected mostly Avante's (Vanquish x 3, Avante x 8, Egress x 5 and Avante 2001 x 2) and Top Force Evolution's x 17, I did have a soft spot for them  :signLOL:  :signLOL: :signLOL:

They all got sold and bought me a car and 3 Snowboarding holidays  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Still have a few RC planes in storage (not used for 2 years) including a brushless powered beast that does over 150mph  :surprised: (one of the lads timed it with a radar gun it was 10ft off the ground running parrallel to us at the time  :scared:) it's a nightmare to fly coz it's so small, it gets out of sight quickly at that speed!. I much prefer flying the 3D plane (Precision Aerobatics Addiction 3D), great for prop hanging and flicking around, tail dragging etc, good fun and not fast!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:34:45 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2012, 08:06:34 pm »
I've had quite a few too,astute,grasshopper2,falcon,bigwig,Porsche959,lunchbox,hotshot2,kyosho burns,inferno,ff maxxus,
the grasshopper2 goes like stink with a uprated motor...I brought a traxxas nitro 2years ago..it's bloody we'll quick..too quick actually..need well smooth roads to run it...i remember me & my mates buying loads of 7.2v batteries cos they run out well quick..

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2012, 02:01:31 pm »
I've had quite a few too,astute,grasshopper2,falcon,bigwig,Porsche959,lunchbox,hotshot2,kyosho burns,inferno,ff maxxus,
the grasshopper2 goes like stink with a uprated motor...I brought a traxxas nitro 2years ago..it's bloody we'll quick..too quick actually..need well smooth roads to run it...i remember me & my mates buying loads of 7.2v batteries cos they run out well quick..

Still have A kyosho Rocky and 2 Maxxum FF's New in box (unbuilt kits), they are in my loft  :grin:, I have some others too but holding onto them for a while.

I had an FG MT5 truck a few years back (1/5th scale), imported a racing 29cc ported engine from USA and put a 2 speed gearbox on it, got one of the lads with a radar gun to clock it on the beach at low tide and it was doing 60mph before it changed up to 2nd gear, it maxed out at 92mph, ordered some higher gears for it (for a laugh) and we got 106mph out of it, used to hit a pebble at that speed and it cartwheeled about 18 times  :signLOL:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: just had an r-tech remap/tweaking
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2012, 07:00:13 pm »
Just had a tweaking from Nick and Jim, the smile on my face is huge! :-D
In all seriousness now, had another session on the dyno today down at R Tech! Jim kindly fitted the BCS relocation kit, and Powerflex Engine Mount insert and my GTi is running better than ever! To quote Nick, my car is running a bit better now than what he would expect from a Stage 1.5! My bhp is up from 256 to 270 (final run) and torque (lbs) from 301 to 331!
Now, whilst the cooler weather perhaps contributed a bit, those hands of Nick and Jim have special powers, they have magic in em!! It seems adjusting the Actuator helps too, lol! Id post my dyno graphs if I bloody new how!! :-S
Stopping modding now! :-D

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2012, 07:51:10 pm »
MOre than 5bhp then, happy days indeed  :happy2:

My kit arrived Last week, hoping to get it fitted in the next 2-3 weeks when I get some spare time

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2012, 07:57:37 pm »
Lol, just happy now that my exhaust is working fully as it should!? Well that and the extra 30 lbs of torque! It was the Actuator adjustment that had the most pronounced effect!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2012, 10:14:32 am »
Lol, just happy now that my exhaust is working fully as it should!? Well that and the extra 30 lbs of torque! It was the Actuator adjustment that had the most pronounced effect!

Mine being K04 may be different, will see/feel what diff it makes when I get it fitted in a few weeks, RR day at JKM is coming up next month so am aiming to get it done before then, but wont have time to get back to Jabba for tweaks before then tho, that wont be until xmas (sorry peeps i mentioned xmas and its mid september!)