Make a donation

Author Topic: If you haven't changed your Diverter Valve ( DV ) ..........  (Read 7362 times)

LRTom

If you haven't changed your Diverter Valve ( DV ) ..........
« on: August 14, 2012, 07:57:17 pm »
Hi

I'm very much a forum reader not writer but thought I would just write a quick report on changing my diverter valve.

I owned a 350z before my Mk5 gti, so i wasn't expecting it to be as quick, but something didn't feel right, I didn't have that turbo "surge" and it was just well, very average. There was also a quiet air "wooshing" noise when accelerating (like when the DV purges on gear change) which you could hear when the windows were down.

So I ordered a Revision D DV and fitted it today. The Revision B I took off had a hole in the diaphragm which I was actually pleased to see! All I can say is, it's a different car! Drives much better, drives how I expected it to!

So, basically, just get it done!

Offline Bradruss

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Re: If you haven't changed your Diverter Valve ( DV ) ..........
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:43:39 pm »
Hi

How easy easy to fit?

Glad it's made a difference, any mods?

Offline tartanmartin85

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 10:03:50 pm »
Is there any definitive way of knowing its gone? Do you get a warning light?

I've got an '05 and while the turbo definitely kicks in, I suppose there is a light hiss under acceleration and then the release on a gear change. Is there supposed to be no hiss at all under acceleration?

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 10:21:36 pm »
You should have fitted the revision G dv. Plenty of threads on here and most who fitted the D are now ordering the G.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:27:52 am »
You should have fitted the revision G dv. Plenty of threads on here and most who fitted the D are now ordering the G.

I have the D, as do many others, and it works perfectly fine  :happy2:
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 08:29:58 am »
So are we saying the G diverter valve is superior to the legendary  D valve and why so

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 09:47:02 am »
There are a few threads on here regarding the D vs G.  Nick at Rtech has done testing and found some Ds do leak, even new ones!.  The Ds arent designed for the K03 housing. He recommends fitting the G along with some other tuners.  When the whole D revision recommendation came was when the older DV were prone to splitting.  They were the best of bad option and deemed more reliable.  However as Nick proved the Ds still do leak.  Now with the current crop of G revision DV they are far stronger and fewer are reported to fail.  If you compare them side by side the D has a shorter piston and no rubber seal on the end of the piston.  Where as the G has a longer psiton with a rubber seal on the end.  I had the D fitted for about 2 years but it must have been leaking and since fitting the G, my car has never felt so good.  Some have done logs on here and the N75 duty cycle has gone back to normal when fitting the G. The D's dont create that good a seal and do let some boost by, causing the duty cycle to increase to maintain the boost pressure. I am stage 2+ and the G is running fine with no issues :happy2:
Its generally your own choice as to which to fit. But the G revision is the correct part for the turbo and is working fine in cars pumping out 340bhp on K04 turbos.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:01:59 am »
There are a few threads on here regarding the D vs G.  Nick at Rtech has done testing and found some Ds do leak, even new ones!.  The Ds arent designed for the K03 housing. He recommends fitting the G along with some other tuners.  When the whole D revision recommendation came was when the older DV were prone to splitting.  They were the best of bad option and deemed more reliable.  However as Nick proved the Ds still do leak.  Now with the current crop of G revision DV they are far stronger and fewer are reported to fail.  If you compare them side by side the D has a shorter piston and no rubber seal on the end of the piston.  Where as the G has a longer psiton with a rubber seal on the end.  I had the D fitted for about 2 years but it must have been leaking and since fitting the G, my car has never felt so good.  Some have done logs on here and the N75 duty cycle has gone back to normal when fitting the G. The D's dont create that good a seal and do let some boost by, causing the duty cycle to increase to maintain the boost pressure. I am stage 2+ and the G is running fine with no issues :happy2:
Its generally your own choice as to which to fit. But the G revision is the correct part for the turbo and is working fine in cars pumping out 340bhp on K04 turbos.

Do you have the part number Please

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:03:53 am »
 06F145710G
'07 Red manual

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 11:18:40 am »
Where is the best place to order the Revision G DV, and any idea on cost?

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 11:33:02 am »
Main dealer around £40
'07 Red manual

Offline Black9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 12:07:10 pm »
Good thread. Useful info. Gonna order the Rev G as well. My car still boosts well in 1st gear but less in others. Hopefully a DV will help this along with stg1

Offline Sug

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 02:53:03 pm »
If you have an edition 30 it only takes 5 mins to remove DV and check, think its a little trickier on the K03s turbos
EDITION 30 GONE, MK6 R GONE........AUDI 8V S3.....Stock for now

Offline JStav

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 03:07:14 pm »
Anyone got a guide on how to do this?
Silver GTI, Revo Stage 1, R32 rear bumper, R32 exhaust, R32 rear lights, ED30 front splitter, RCD510, Lowered on Eibachs, open fog grills.

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 03:22:26 pm »
Anyone got a guide on how to do this?

This is for a top mounted DV location. If you have a standard GTI you'll need to get under the car - it's bolted to the turbo.
'07 Red manual