Make a donation

Author Topic: Dodgy Goings on - Coventry Area  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Dodgy Goings on - Coventry Area
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 01:48:09 pm »
Ditto.

Once I've tw@tted them they are getting dry bummed for sure.  :wink:  :evilgrin:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 01:54:21 pm »
Ditto.

Once I've tw@tted them they are getting dry bummed for sure.  :wink:  :evilgrin:
[/quote.......... :grin:  :congrats: 
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Rachael

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 02:11:25 pm »
Thanks robin  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 02:15:38 pm »

.........i always take my keys up-stairs.If some little wan*** wants to try & take my car they had better be prepared for a 6 foot 3 inch tall 16 stone bloke with a 3 cell Mag light by the bed. I don't rate there chances.

....Exactly! Most of the scum who want to steal a car don't want to risk a personal confrontation. Even if they succeed in getting away with the car it can be a lot worse for them later. If nothing else, they risk recognition. We hear about confrontations in bedrooms but aren't those a minority which just attract stronger press coverage?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:17:32 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 02:19:30 pm »

Thanks robin  :happy2:

....My pleasure. But I can see from your answer (which made me laugh out loud) that you can look after yourself.  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Rachael

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 02:27:40 pm »
Yer bedroom attacks are in a minority. Majority are opportunists.

Haha I'm glad, first post from the guy, jeez. But back to What i was saying, in car key burglaries In the midlands are ontthe increase. Not a clue about anywhere else!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 04:18:18 pm »

But back to What i was saying, in car key burglaries In the midlands are ontthe increase. Not a clue about anywhere else!

....In West Dorset the local weekly newspaper last week carried a front page saying that burglaries were on the increase, but they weren't specific about cars.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 04:20:25 pm »

....Better not broadcast that, Ian - They might start queuing up for some of that special Hedge love.

h4rdy

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 09:11:02 pm »

Good job you heard them  :happy2:

Have heard similar things in west mids area, houses broken into, nothing taken but gti on drive. Everyone sleep with your keys :mad:

^^Haha, generalising an entire region of the UK as a crime hotspot, you should become a police officer! Idiot. :booty:

Also, sleeping with your keys is the worst advice, if they break into your house while you're asleep they're going to take your keys whether they have to bash your skull in or not, worth risking your families life for the sake some metal on wheels?! OK then.

....Hey, matey! That's pretty aggressive for a first post. You could easily have made your point by using calmer language and leaving out the insults.

:congrats: Good point Robin, calling somebody an idiot in their first post is not the best way to start!

Keys are a good point though, its only a car take the bloody thing but leave me and the family alone.

So Mr LRTOM probably a good idea to have a think before posting.

Offline Rachael

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 09:21:19 pm »
Thanks h4rdy. It's individual I think. Some people have their keys in their room at night some don't. If they really wanted my car and came into my room I'd obviously give them my keys. Just touch wood that it never happens   :smiley:

As for LRTOM. some people wanna insult people when hiding behind a computer screen. And for all he knows I could well be a police officer so at least his observation could have been correct  :congrats:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 11:05:07 pm »

And for all he knows I could well be a police officer so at least his observation could have been correct  :congrats:

....Oooh! Rachael! Have you got any pics of you in uniform you can post?

[Ooops! We better not start all that again - Please ignore!]

h4rdy

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 11:08:33 pm »
Thanks h4rdy. It's individual I think. Some people have their keys in their room at night some don't. If they really wanted my car and came into my room I'd obviously give them my keys. Just touch wood that it never happens   :smiley:

As for LRTOM. some people wanna insult people when hiding behind a computer screen. And for all he knows I could well be a police officer so at least his observation could have been correct  :congrats:

Used to do it until I had kids and my GSXR600K4 was stolen with about £5k worth of Riding Gear. Yes it was modded :evilgrin:

After that keys are downstairs, Louisville Slugger upstairs :evilgrin:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 11:18:14 pm »
Its all about putting obstacles in place to deter a thief.

We had a car stolen going 10 years back, mid day in broad day light and we were sat in the room and didn't hear a thing. Get a chime on your door, add extra locks, lock your gates, close/lock as many doors as possible. All these obstructions will deter them. They are looking for something easy. Someone very nearly got my Edition 30 and my dads Passat.

Luckily for me they picked up the wrong key and luckily for my dad they were morons and didn't know how to start a Passat.

We always lock doors day or night, have installed snap locks, the door to the conservatory is now always locked, alarm always on, dead locks on the doors and keys out of site. Oh and CCTV  :happy2:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 11:21:48 pm »

True. Anything you can do to stop opportunist scumbags

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:52 am »
I always have my keys in the bedroom, next to the police issue extending batton!

My dogs sleep on the floor in our bedroom too. Only JRTs, but dogs barking should be enough of a deterrent too.