Make a donation

Author Topic: Can a rocco be a family car  (Read 3350 times)

Saintsteve

Re: Can a rocco be a family car
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 09:21:27 pm »
Simple answer.... no  :signLOL:

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 09:23:47 pm »
Simple answer.... no  :signLOL:

Don't sit on the fence   :signLOL:

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 09:24:24 pm »
How about a 2.0 TFSi Jetta? Loads of boot space for all the kids paraphernalia and 4 doors, along with all the joy of driving a GTi? I have one and love the huge boot, comes in very very handy. I know the general UK public don't like sedans, but as a family car, you can't go far wrong, plus the added security of being a four door where you can lock the boot out.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 09:29:30 pm »
How about a 2.0 TFSi Jetta? Loads of boot space for all the kids paraphernalia and 4 doors, along with all the joy of driving a GTi? I have one and love the huge boot, comes in very very handy. I know the general UK public don't like sedans, but as a family car, you can't go far wrong, plus the added security of being a four door where you can lock the boot out.

Please don't take this the wrong way but they're not for me. I much prefer the golf shape. I even thought about an A3 but still come back to the golf. There's my ideal one at Crewe but I'm in the north east so it's quite a treck. Might have to give them a call to see what kind of deal can be done over the phone. If nothing else at least I could rule it out as I keep getting drawn back to it

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 09:32:50 pm »
The rocco is tiny in the back... it wouldnt be comfortable for 4 adults, or 2 adults and 2 teenagers...

Can get 2 adults in the back...plenty of leg room (well with front seats down and pushed forward anyway  :wink: )

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=n14ibujhek17u535qlo27hl0c6&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 09:36:38 pm »
6ft adults Lee???   :wink:

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 09:38:44 pm »
Absolutely not.
'07 Red manual

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 09:41:47 pm »
5 door golfs are just so perfect as a family car I have thrown just about everything at mine and it just gets on with it no drama

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 10:11:36 pm »
^^^^
That's it - The 5-dr Golf is such a perfect allrounder. But I can see how tony_d needs something bigger for regular South of France jaunts.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 10:34:25 pm »
It was more a case of I could get a lot more A6 than Golf/A3 for the money. Big cars are very well specced and cheap!
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 10:38:36 pm »
RS6 Avant fully loaded Sportec autobahn blaster would be the ultimate 'family' car for long Euro trips.

APS had one for sale a couple of years ago - 75k miles and £30k and 190 mph motor. Was a beautiful subtle grey/green with putty coloured interior.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:41:25 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 11:07:36 pm »

Please don't take this the wrong way but they're not for me. I much prefer the golf shape. I even thought about an A3 but still come back to the golf. There's my ideal one at Crewe but I'm in the north east so it's quite a treck. Might have to give them a call to see what kind of deal can be done over the phone. If nothing else at least I could rule it out as I keep getting drawn back to it

Not at all. I prefer sedans, but I do like the look of the GTi and the R32, but the A3 does not appeal at all. If I didn't need the boot, I would have been in one of those. There are loads of GTi's about, I am sure the right one will come up for you. Good luck with your hunt.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 11:19:31 pm »
^^^^
That's it - The 5-dr Golf is such a perfect allrounder. But I can see how tony_d needs something bigger for regular South of France jaunts.

No u don't I have just come back from south of France 5 people in the car with a boot full of stuff and that was 2 weeks non stop car full with 3 kids in the back

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 12:23:35 am »
^^^^

No u don't I have just come back from south of France 5 people in the car with a boot full of stuff and that was 2 weeks non stop car full with 3 kids in the back

....You're not wrong, Mat. But I was only saying that I understood tony_d's preference. I've done 3 people and fully loaded including tent etc to Italy and without any compromises - I was surprised how well the GTI performs even when fully loaded. Back seats down and full up to the roof with my daughter's stuff to and from uni, a 4hr fast drive away and still the GTI takes it all in her stride. It's partly why mine is a keeper - Such a tough act to follow.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 12:26:54 am »
It's a big reason I have never sold mine it's one of the longest owned cars I have ever had and you know how bad I am  :signLOL: I love my car it's a big part of my family