Make a donation

Author Topic: More sections please  (Read 1487 times)

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
More sections please
« on: August 21, 2012, 08:25:16 am »
Hi Guys,

Ive noticed that the vast majority of threads are started in the MK5 General Area section. Threads on there vary over a very very wide area of topics concerning MK5's.

I find that some threads posted on there can quickly end up on page 3-4 after only a day or so.

Perhaps by creating more subsections, people would be more inclined to post threads in the correct section rather than post everything in the general area by default.

In the Modifications and Technical Area, you could expand and include more specific subsections titles: Bodywork, Clutch and Gearbox, Engine Turbo and Exhaust, Audio and Electrics, Interiors, Lighting, suspension Brakes and chasis, wheels and Tyres. 

These are just examples but if members are encouraged to post in the specific sections - especially with requests for assistance- threads wont disappear after a short time and would also make searching a lot easier.

Thanks

Rich

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: More sections please
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 08:30:45 am »
We could divide it further and have a section for each letter of the alphabet for the first letter of the thread title. "My brakes squeal" could go in the M section. "Which exhaust?" could go in the W section along with "Which intake?" and "Which remap?".

IMO there's already too many sections and creating more sections won't make it easier or cleaner. It'd just be more of a PITA to choose which section to post in and more work for the mods to move things around.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 09:03:25 am »
Happy to listen to peoples views but I agree with Mr Wolf, more sections = less organised IMHO  :happy2:

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:28:34 am »
I think there's enough sub sections on the forum as already said.

I think the reason most threads drop off the first few pages in the general section is that alot of the threads could be better suited to other parts of the forum, like questions about wheels, suspension etc could be posted in the relevant sub board in the modification section of the forum rather than the general section.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 04:40:39 pm »
More sections = more work for the mods to keep tidy. No doubt the MK5 General area will be where everyone posts everything anyway so I'm with Nodz  :innocent:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 04:52:16 pm »
Perhaps it is time to drop the word "Mk5" from the "Mk5 General Area" section title. Afterall, this site evolved a long time ago from being only for Mk5 GTI's.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!