Make a donation

Author Topic: Visiting Camp Nou (Barcelona)  (Read 750 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Visiting Camp Nou (Barcelona)
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:49:33 pm »
I know many of you are well traveled and may have pointers here  :smiley:

Heading to the Nou Camp to see Barca play in October for the weekend only, Fri-Mon it's looking like. Hotel and flights are looking sorted.

What's the best way of getting from Barca Intertional airport to hotels within a 3 mile radius of the Nou Camp while carrying luggage - are airport taxis reasonably priced or should we look to pre-book something?

When there, we plan to walk the rest as it'll all be fairly close.

Appreciate any other pointers from anyone that's seen the Cataluna play at home  :happy2:
It's a La Liga home game so I'll leave the Stone Island and Hackett clobber at home  :laugh:  :wink:

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:54:34 pm by rdfcpete »
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Visiting Camp Nou (Barcelona)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:04:10 pm »
A taxi from the airport to the Gothic Quarter is about 30 minutes ride and costs approximately 20€. Buses are half that but take a lot longer.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:53:58 pm »
We last went in November, stayed just outside the Gothic Quarter. We always use the bus service. Think it was about €6 each from the airport to Plaça Catalunya (Square of Catalonia). We use the buses to get about and even use one of the tour bus companies, buy a ticket and you get use their buses all day long, stop outside the main gate at that "tiny" stadium!

Barcelona is fairly spread out but most places are within walking distance, just get a good map/guidebook. AA guide book is brilliant for everything, from places to eat, sight to see and how to get there.

Enjoy it, not my favourite city but a truly vibrant place if you go down the Las Ramblas at night time. Just hold onto your wallet and don't get sidetracked by the street entertainers (as they will take your money, literally).

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 11:05:24 pm »
Thanks both.

I'll stick to taxis and avoid the entertainers then  :rolleye:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 01:01:22 pm »
We last went in November, stayed just outside the Gothic Quarter. We always use the bus service. Think it was about €6 each from the airport to Plaça Catalunya (Square of Catalonia). We use the buses to get about and even use one of the tour bus companies, buy a ticket and you get use their buses all day long, stop outside the main gate at that "tiny" stadium!

Barcelona is fairly spread out but most places are within walking distance, just get a good map/guidebook. AA guide book is brilliant for everything, from places to eat, sight to see and how to get there.

Enjoy it, not my favourite city but a truly vibrant place if you go down the Las Ramblas at night time. Just hold onto your wallet and don't get sidetracked by the street entertainers (as they will take your money, literally).

:happy2:

watched them play in the champions league a couple of years ago at home. Fantastic Experience!

However, on the way home, whilst waiting at the subway station that serves the stadium, i witnessed a team of pick pockets doing their thing. Going by the amount of wallets being dumped into the bins, it was rich pickings. As mentioned, make sure you keep a very close eye on wallets / handbags etc. These gangs are very good at what they do!

Hope this helps

Rich