Make a donation

Author Topic: soft paint  (Read 932 times)

Offline jimk04

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
soft paint
« on: August 21, 2012, 11:41:07 am »
I've been struggling to fathom why my new (ish) paint is easily getting marred\swirled.

It was painted back in October by VW Mansfield. It went in for the arches warranty work and I paid em some dough to do the rest of it (except the roof).

I have realised that the paint is quite soft (you cam mark it if you press hard with a tough old finger nail). And the result is that I am finding it nigh on impossible to keep it swirl free....except the roof which is the OE factory paint).

What does one do.....I guess the lacquer wasnt mixed right so is never going to harden properly.

Milltek tbe, Forge intercooler, AMD map, Eibach Sportlines, Porsche 996 over AMG 330mm homegrown BBK

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
Re: soft paint
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 11:23:50 pm »
I'm no expert , but VW paint is usually rock hard. The first thing I would be doing is going back to VW and showing them your problem. 

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: soft paint
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 11:29:17 pm »

Perhaps with an opinion / report in writing from a pro like Midlands car care, detail my ride, Miglior, KDS to back up your complaint?