Make a donation

Author Topic: BMW M3 Coupe Driver Has a Bad Day  (Read 7373 times)

Saintsteve

Re: BMW M3 Coupe Driver Has a Bad Day
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 09:40:54 pm »
:congrats:

Awesome... Deserved it

He wont be driving that fast again in the wet.

:confused:  I hope you don't live in a glass house.  :fighting2: You know absolutely nothing about this incident so how can you judge so harshly.  :booty:

I may be wrong, but what the hell was the camera car doing hogging the fast lane?

Doesn't make the M3 driver right for undertaking (which I think may actually be legal in some countries) and driving too quick.

re lane hogging.......No different to what happens over here in england really on a daily basis!!!  

Ah!, lane hoggers, becoming more and more prevelant.  :fighting: I often wonder why these people do it. Apart from the woman a bit scared to travel with the lorries i think most of them are bitter people who think they own part of the road because they pay road tax or perhaps they struggle to hide the green monster when they see cars go past that they clearly can't afford. I think we can all see the lane hogger in this thread.  :wink:

And nor do you, so let's leave it like that.. :confused:

Driving too fast for the conditions regardless if the car with the camera was staying in the outside lane.

You don't just loose control of a rear wheel drive car unless you unlucky enough to suffer a puncture.

I'm not the one hoping the occupants got what they deserved though am i.  :sick:

You don't just loose control of a rear wheel drive car unless you unlucky enough to suffer a puncture.

Complete tosh as usual from you. Andrew above has just told you it happened to his wife. I myself coming back from a track day, was only saved by the traction control, and i was just in the flow of traffic.  It can only take a moments lack of concentration at the wrong time.  

Ok.. Re watch the video and tell me that BMW isn't going nearly 90+ mph... The camera is doing what must be nearly 70mph approx

And I'll say again, who's the one that wouldn't of crashed if they were doing a safe speed.

Your reply is more reliable then my typical reply, now go play with your speak n spell  :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:52:40 pm by Saintsteve »

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 09:42:52 pm »
Had it happen to me too, 255 rear tyres are great for getting power down, sh*te for standing water. M3s are even wider.

You can tell its aquaplaning by the way it 4 wheel drifts past.

And no way is it doing 90. 60 tops.
Sideways yo!

Saintsteve

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 09:45:42 pm »
Had it happen to me too, 255 rear tyres are great for getting power down, sh*te for standing water. M3s are even wider.

And to roll the car at that speed???.... It's faster then that Mr D.. Imo

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 09:52:00 pm »
The concrete central reservation (and the angle it went in at) was pretty unforgiving thats for sure.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 10:12:01 pm »
I've seen a Capri roll doing around 20mph, you hit something right and physics takes over.
Sideways yo!

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 10:35:58 pm »
For sure rwd and wet is crap, he obviously didn't deserve it but dude did put foot down you can hear it. BMW drivers eh!
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 10:55:21 pm »
regardless of what peoples views on the driver and whether he got what he deservered, im just thankful there was a central reservation in place which did its job. Could have been alot worse..
I remember that video form the states where the pickup truck / people carrie (cant remember what it was) lost it in the snow and swerved into oncoming traffice and got wiped out by a big truck...

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 12:39:37 am »

Steve, your talking rubbish. From nearly four years of observation of your posts... For
Your to say "he got what he deserved" is absolutely typical from you. Not because of the speed he was travelling, not because of the conditions...
Just because he had a nicer car than yours you were bound to
Give him a diss. Wind your neck in... For you to say "he got was he deserves" infuriates me. That could have happened to your wife, then it would have been a different story. Give the guy a break. He was hardly drifting thru spaghetti junction!

Saintsteve

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 06:43:21 am »

Steve, your talking rubbish. From nearly four years of observation of your posts... For
Your to say "he got what he deserved" is absolutely typical from you. Not because of the speed he was travelling, not because of the conditions...
Give him a diss. Wind your neck in... For you to say "he got was he deserves" infuriates me. That could have happened to your wife, then it would have been a different story. Give the guy a break. He was hardly drifting thru spaghetti junction!

jay, I can say what I like, and coming from you, I'm really sad to see you say that. I thought that on a forum that people can have their opinions and not be shot at by the usual ones that feel like a pointing the finger.You do not know me well enough in person,well enough to judge me in this way..same goes for Anyone else.

This video I'm sure wouldn't of been posted if their was any sort of fatality, hopefully with respect to its owner, or their relatives.Well I would hope so if I or anyone in my family anyway.

So now your talking about my car, being not as good as that BMW, so what!!!  :confused: who cares!!  :stupid:

Like everything else , what's that got to do with it? :confused:

If the video had him actually hitting another car and causing injury by his driving with excess speed, then I'm sure your replys should u of choose to post them may of been abit different.

if you want to carry on calling with any more personal insults, that like I said, PM me and discuss.

Well you have certainly made my night if it infuriates you that much.  :drinking:

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:16:18 am by Saintsteve »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 09:46:00 am »

Well said Jay.  :notworthy:   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Unfortunately your comments will fall on deaf ears. Mcavity tries hard lately to be nice but he always slips back to his nasty jealous self, as you can see by all his edited posts.   :booty:

He will call me a name now.  :laugh: then edit all his posts to look like a saint followed by acting all sad to make us feel sorry for him and ask us to cancel his account for the 4th or fifth time because he thinks i am  picking on him rather than responding to his nasty snide comments.  :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 10:52:40 am »
Are we sure it is an M3?  Not that it makes much difference. Very sad to see anyone crash, whatever the reason.

TonyZ

Saintsteve

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 11:26:15 am »

Well said Jay.  :notworthy:   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Unfortunately your comments will fall on deaf ears. Mcavity tries hard lately to be nice but he always slips back to his nasty jealous self, as you can see by all his edited posts.   :booty:

He will call me a name now.  :laugh: then edit all his posts to look like a saint followed by acting all sad to make us feel sorry for him and ask us to cancel his account for the 4th or fifth time because he thinks i am  picking on him rather than responding to his nasty snide comments.  :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

Its called correcting a spelling mistake Topcat  :stupid:
Hope you received my pm peanut

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 02:02:17 pm »
Hahaha what a funny thread! As an M3 driver, I feel it my right to step in here...

Granted that this is a forum for Golfs, but the majority on here seem absolutely petrified of RWD. Well, that's the overwhelming feeling that I get from most posts concerning RWD cars over the last few years. Also, just because a car is RWD, it doesn't automatically mean that it's "sh!t" in the wet?! That phrase gets used far too often. Dependent on the characteristics of the car, you treat all high -powered cars with respect, regardless of what wheel drive it is. Ok sure, a 4wd car will be more forgiving but they can still bite as I'm sure most of you know.

Tony_danza has put it so perfectly in his previous posts. That was a simple case of aquaplaning, something which isn't just limited to RWD cars either. I had quite a hairy moment in my GTI once with standing water. Sure, wider section tyres don't help matters I appreciate that but just because a car is RWD it doesn't mean that it's a death trap in the wet!

2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 02:19:42 pm »
Its called correcting a spelling mistake Topcat  :stupid:
Hope you received my pm peanut

Pressing the report to moderator button emails us all so TC will have received your message.

As for your request I won't telling TC to do anything, as he is, as everyone else is, on this site is fully entitled to their own opinion/views.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 04:26:54 pm »
Hahaha what a funny thread! As an M3 driver, I feel it my right to step in here...

Granted that this is a forum for Golfs, but the majority on here seem absolutely petrified of RWD. Well, that's the overwhelming feeling that I get from most posts concerning RWD cars over the last few years. Also, just because a car is RWD, it doesn't automatically mean that it's "sh!t" in the wet?! That phrase gets used far too often. Dependent on the characteristics of the car, you treat all high -powered cars with respect, regardless of what wheel drive it is. Ok sure, a 4wd car will be more forgiving but they can still bite as I'm sure most of you know.

Tony_danza has put it so perfectly in his previous posts. That was a simple case of aquaplaning, something which isn't just limited to RWD cars either. I had quite a hairy moment in my GTI once with standing water. Sure, wider section tyres don't help matters I appreciate that but just because a car is RWD it doesn't mean that it's a death trap in the wet!

Exactly!!

I had my wobble on runflats, they very quickly got ditched and it's now no more a widow maker in the wet than any other car.

There's many people here who have never and will never drive a RWD. That makes me sad. I've enjoyed every car I've owned, but I've only ever really loved my RWD ones.
Sideways yo!