Make a donation

Author Topic: BMW M3 Coupe Driver Has a Bad Day  (Read 7374 times)

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
Re: BMW M3 Coupe Driver Has a Bad Day
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 04:36:53 pm »
How many arguments over an m3 crashing :signLOL:  I agree rwd is generally better, and as said all performance should be treated with respect, in this case the dude didn't, he floored it tried to pull back into outside lane and lost the rear because he lost traction. Done
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Saintsteve

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2012, 04:37:58 pm »
Its called correcting a spelling mistake Topcat  :stupid:
Hope you received my pm peanut

Pressing the report to moderator button emails us all so TC will have received your message.

As for your request I won't telling TC to do anything, as he is, as everyone else is, on this site is fully entitled to their own opinion/views.

:congrats:

It's nice to know I can have my own opinion and not be chastised for it.

Edit* Stardate6969upyours: .  Just so Topcat can see that I've added to my 1st post.. If you have a problem. Please use what's called a Pm rather then trying to start being Keyboard warriors.

Thankyou Steve, and  yes I do know he would of got the message hence why I said it in the actual message :grin:

Enough now...   :indifferent:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:09:49 pm by Saintsteve »

R32UK

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 02:48:27 pm »
you dont half talk alot of sh1t though steve  :laugh:

hopefully the guy (and passenger) in the BMW were ok. I have aqua planned in a FWD car so it really makes no difference. Its pretty stupid to say that RWD + Water causes/d that. Try putting 440bhp through your front wheels and see if anything goes wrong. IMO he didnt seem to be doing excessive speed.

Saintsteve

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 03:43:41 pm »
you dont half talk alot of sh1t though steve  :laugh:

hopefully the guy (and passenger) in the BMW were ok. I have aqua planned in a FWD car so it really makes no difference. Its pretty stupid to say that RWD + Water causes/d that. Try putting 440bhp through your front wheels and see if anything goes wrong. IMO he didnt seem to be doing excessive speed.

Ok..what like then?  I'm not the one that says R32's are faster then GTi's am I   :signLOL:

Do you think if the police watched this video back , they would let him off just because he has 440bhp....don't think so and my whole point about his speed and the conditions....

perhaps he would of been safer with a car with Haldex.  :signLOL:  :notworthy:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 03:56:48 pm by Saintsteve »

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 07:45:06 pm »
My TTRS aquaplaned at 40mph on the motorway .You are a passenger till you clear the standing water. Loads of accidents that day on my way to Portsmouth from London.

Offline Steve Baker

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 08:03:34 pm »
My guess the driver saw an undertake on the camera car but came up on the car in the middle lane a bit quick lifted off and induced an oversteer as he steered around the middle lane vehicle, looks like the front wheels still had grip till he hit the brake! Nasty either way.   :scared:
Steve Baker

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 08:06:03 pm »
Fook me Steve. I'll give you this, you stick to your guns - even when everyone thinks you're being a complete tool. You'll be hanging around graveyards next, pointing and laughing like Nelson from the Simpsons as they're lowered into the ground.

Also, do remember, if he's on the throttle even lightly - as soon as you lose traction, the unloaded wheels mean revs rise and it'll sound like he's gunning it.
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 08:45:09 pm »

My guess the driver saw an undertake on the camera car but came up on the car in the middle lane a bit quick lifted off and induced an oversteer as he steered around the middle lane vehicle, looks like the front wheels still had grip till he hit the brake! Nasty either way.   :scared:

....That's exactly what I thought probably happened too and he hit standing water and aquaplaned. None of us actually know for certain.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2012, 08:52:24 pm »
Whereas I think that Saintly Steve was perhaps too quick to make a judgement about how the BMW was being driven and express a strong opinion about it, some folks have been equally quick to jump all over him instead of calmly pointing out why they think he is wrong.

The result is a bit of a fight and bad feelings.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline benjii

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2012, 09:01:28 pm »
Don't no if 100% true but when I had my 325 few mates who have been BMW mad said when the back end twitches out the worse thing you can do is brake as somthing to do with weight shifting can't really remember it. But the years I had the BMW and the car kicked out a bit I'll just come straight off the gas and i would get grip it worked for me expect once when I was going round a roundabout and spinning 180 in the rain :scared:. Now by the video in slowmo looked like the car was Indercating in hit a big puddle panic and hit the brakes what left the car uncontrollable well that's my theory  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:04:08 pm by benjii »

Saintsteve

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2012, 09:09:51 pm »
Fook me Steve. I'll give you this, you stick to your guns - even when everyone thinks you're being a complete tool. You'll be hanging around graveyards next, pointing and laughing like Nelson from the Simpsons as they're lowered into the ground.

Also, do remember, if he's on the throttle even lightly - as soon as you lose traction, the unloaded wheels mean revs rise and it'll sound like he's gunning it.

4 people Tony Danza  :congrats: :congrats:  :signLOL:

Anyway, I like 100's of others are I expect now rather bored..

thanks Robin for your words..  :happy2:

We are entitled to our our opinions and as robin has pointed, no one knows the full circumstances as to why this accident happened...

I'm sticking with my opinion and that's what I'm entitled to do, like anyone else.

so if anyone else wants to stand their and act like they are GOD and generalise me  for having my own opinion ,then they can do one..

:drinking:

Now please put your own views on the video....if you dare to... :laugh:  . Or pm me if you have issues you want to say to me personally.

I thank you.. :innocent:

MPS

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2012, 09:10:52 pm »
Re: benji, When you brake the weight transfers to the front end, thus giving you no grip over the driving wheels.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:14:38 pm by MPS »

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2012, 09:15:27 pm »
Shush don't mention brakes.  :wink:

R32UK

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2012, 09:15:48 pm »
you dont half talk alot of sh1t though steve  :laugh:

Ok..what like then?  I'm not the one that says R32's are faster then GTi's am I   :signLOL:

Do you think if the police watched this video back , they would let him off just because he has 440bhp....don't think so and my whole point about his speed and the conditions....

perhaps he would of been safer with a car with Haldex.  :signLOL:  :notworthy:

see my other post for details. This is from that man that swore ed30 were a pile of crap until he got one  :laugh:

everytime i read one of your posts it just reminds me of the movie BIG.  :popcornsoda:

.. and just out of interest, what exactly do you think the police would do him for??

officer steve: "im sorry sir you were driving a better car than mine.... you are under arrest" :grin:

Saintsteve

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2012, 09:16:07 pm »
Shush don't mention brakes.  :wink:

Haha... I love you Ian  :love:   :signLOL: