Make a donation

Author Topic: intermiten rear wiper & auto lights fault  (Read 1331 times)

Offline kam

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
intermiten rear wiper & auto lights fault
« on: August 04, 2012, 11:08:10 am »
Hi guys
I have noticed a couple of things with my 2005 gt gti, firstly I have noticed that the rear wiper starts working even without me turning it on, the only way I can get it to stop is turn the car off and on, secondly I have noticed that the auto light sometimes stay on even during the day , should they do this?

Where is the sensor located for the auto lights, I have seen somewhere that the relay that runs the wiper could be faulty, where is this located and can any one confirm it is the relay

Thanks

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
Re: Re: intermiten rear wiper & auto lights fault
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 12:10:57 pm »
The auto lights do stay on for quite some time depending on what turned them on, eg your fast speed or wipers being on for 4 moves in a row then they will only go off after you drive at about 60 kmph ish or slower for 5 mins ish, but if you go through a tunnel then they should go back off straight away unless you have gone over 100 MPH through the tunnel.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 02:24:14 pm by SI-R32 »
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 29
Re: intermiten rear wiper & auto lights fault
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:30:25 pm »
There was a problem with the rear wiper motors on the early models that caused this problem, I had it on mine. New wiper motor will fix it.

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 01:30:21 am »
Hi guys
I have noticed a couple of things with my 2005 gt gti, firstly I have noticed that the rear wiper starts working even without me turning it on, the only way I can get it to stop is turn the car off and on, secondly I have noticed that the auto light sometimes stay on even during the day , should they do this?

Where is the sensor located for the auto lights, I have seen somewhere that the relay that runs the wiper could be faulty, where is this located and can any one confirm it is the relay

Thanks

i have the problem with the rear wiper.

one of 4 things happens on turning engine on.

1, Rear wiper starts wiping until i press the rear wiper wash then back to normal position then it stops
2, rear wiper wipes once then stops on its own
3, rear wiper will not work at all, have to stop car, turn engine off, lock it, wait a few mins then try again - usually works after that
4, nothing happens as normal and i drive off

it did do this on one occasion - it did a 3 wipe on a quick wipe. no water just wiped 3 times instead of 1. but it did it until i turned the engine off.

maybe the only solution is to get a new wiper motor. but I'm not spending £80+ (rough guess) for a new one!

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 07:28:32 am »
Get a wiper motor from the breakers yard mate. :smiley:
ED35. Standard factory condition.