Make a donation

Author Topic: BMW M135i pricing...  (Read 10144 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: BMW 135i pricing...
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 02:33:33 pm »
I had no idea the 135i undercut the RS3 so much!!!  

I loved the idea of the RS3, but considering ho good the 135i compared to it as well as the price, i dont think id even contemplate the RS3 at all.

I uess the only saving grace is the RS3 is bigger thus more space

Just looked at the 135i on autotrader, i didnt even know they had been out so long!! second hand bargain t b had there!

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 02:46:48 pm »
the 135i which Dave and Tony Danza have are not the ones I was considering as I say need a 5 dr hatch. if the RS3 has more leg room in the back and a bigger boot then, sad as it seems, things like that would influence my decision, as I am nearly 6 5 and not many people can sit behind me if they are over 5 foot and by the time I get a new car I will have one kid definately and two kids hopefully!

Anyway, back to my OP, regardless of whether the M135i turns out to be right for me personally it still is a great car for the money - I mean only £1500 more than a Astra VXR - Vauxhall, Ford etc are knackered if BMW can churn this out for not much more money than their inferior offerings  :congrats:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 02:53:00 pm »

I loved the idea of the RS3, but considering ho good the 135i compared to it as well as the price, i dont think id even contemplate the RS3 at all.

Just looked at the 135i on autotrader, i didnt even know they had been out so long!! second hand bargain t b had there!

Audi have usually targeted there RS models with the equivalent of BMWs M Cars so the 135 should really be compared with the S3 not the RS3 whereas the 1M although not available as a Hatch is a fairer comparison to the RS3
Golf MK6 R TTE420 & Gen1 RS3

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 03:06:30 pm »
the 135i which Dave and Tony Danza have are not the ones I was considering as I say need a 5 dr hatch. if the RS3 has more leg room in the back and a bigger boot then, sad as it seems, things like that would influence my decision, as I am nearly 6 5 and not many people can sit behind me if they are over 5 foot and by the time I get a new car I will have one kid definately and two kids hopefully!

Anyway, back to my OP, regardless of whether the M135i turns out to be right for me personally it still is a great car for the money - I mean only £1500 more than a Astra VXR - Vauxhall, Ford etc are knackered if BMW can churn this out for not much more money than their inferior offerings  :congrats:

Someone on here can offer £8k discount on the GTC Coupe VXR (Astra). £20k for that, and its got proper 2 piece front discs!!!!

R32UK

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 03:23:12 pm »

Someone on here can offer £8k discount on the GTC Coupe VXR (Astra). £20k for that, and its got proper 2 piece front discs!!!!

think there is a nice upgraded brake option for the M135i also.... not cheap though

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2012, 03:35:45 pm »

fair point but does the GTC coupe actually appeal? to anyone? would you have one deako?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2012, 04:32:04 pm »

Anyway, back to my OP, regardless of whether the M135i turns out to be right for me personally it still is a great car for the money - I mean only £1500 more than a Astra VXR - Vauxhall, Ford etc are knackered if BMW can churn this out for not much more money than their inferior offerings  :congrats:

True.. Just a shame it's sh*t slow, as it's looks are really growing on me..  :confused:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:33:37 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 04:36:53 pm »

Audi have usually targeted there RS models with the equivalent of BMWs M Cars so the 135 should really be compared with the S3 not the RS3 whereas the 1M although not available as a Hatch is a fairer comparison to the RS3

I think it depends more on what is available on the market at the time tbh.. The 1M is no longer available as a new car and by the time the M135i hits the road, I very much doubt the RS3 will be either..
However - if the M135i is the same-ish size to the RS3, has the same power (give or take 10-15bhp) and similar performance... Why shouldn't they be compared?!?!

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2012, 05:30:27 pm »

I think it depends more on what is available on the market at the time tbh.. The 1M is no longer available as a new car and by the time the M135i hits the road, I very much doubt the RS3 will be either..
However - if the M135i is the same-ish size to the RS3, has the same power (give or take 10-15bhp) and similar performance... Why shouldn't they be compared?!?!

Not disagreeing with you just that Audi & BM marketing is usually based on RS is Audi's brand leader as M is BMW's The 135i is a new Model comparing with Audi's older model which if Audi had kept to it's word would no longer be available as only 500 were destine for the uk (same as 1M) but in typical manufactures greed they saw an opportunity to sell a few more so reopened the order books with another 250. Audi have launched the new A3 so they will be targeting 135i sales with the new S3 when announced which I'm sure will be nearer price and performance to the new 135i

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: BMW M135i pricing...
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 05:39:07 pm »
The 2013 S3 is rumoured to have only 280bhp, so it will be 40bhp down (and 332 lb ft vs 252 lb ft) and no doubt weigh more.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2012, 05:47:07 pm »

think there is a nice upgraded brake option for the M135i also.... not cheap though

Nope, the M-brakes are standard on the M135i - Brembos all round with 2 piece discs up front - just like mine  :happy2:

£800 option on any other 1-series.
Sideways yo!

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 05:47:40 pm »
There was another rumour it was having the RS3 Engine like the next Golf R should have I left the BMW fold last year (M3) and had to justify having an TT-RS  thought I'd have you all on my side in the VAG brand with my RS3 think I'll just shut up now  :signLOL:

R32UK

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2012, 06:05:03 pm »

Nope, the M-brakes are standard on the M135i - Brembos all round with 2 piece discs up front - just like mine  :happy2:

£800 option on any other 1-series.
#
An even stronger case for the BMW it seems  :happy2:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2012, 06:08:00 pm »
The 2013 S3 is rumoured to have only 280bhp, so it will be 40bhp down (and 332 lb ft vs 252 lb ft) and no doubt weigh more.

And have soggy handling.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2012, 07:51:37 pm »
Been looking at these and the e92 M3 and carnt decide between them. Its the fuel and M badge costs thats putting me off the M3. Is the M3 worth the extra costs???

Saw a vid on youtube with an M3 doing the ring BTG in 7:36 with just coilovers and no engine mods what so ever. With a few mods there good for 460hp and a good boost in the mid range, add to that some Nitron coilovers and a good geo setup and you have a gt3 killer there surely?

Same with the 135i but better on fuel and can be picked up for easy £20k and as said a few m3 mods and a map and some downpipes later you have another weapon in a completely different league to ed30 stage 2+ cars on the track.