Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf MK5 Tdi Clutch and Flywheel replacement parts?  (Read 3811 times)

Offline pocket_gti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Golf MK5 Tdi Clutch and Flywheel replacement parts?
« on: August 29, 2012, 08:46:00 pm »
Hi
Don’t know if am posting in the right section but am sure someone will guide me on where it should be...

My MK5 GOLF TDI 1.9 Clutch and flywheel will need replacing in the very near future as it starts to judder after a long drive.

Need some advice on where to buy my parts from and any advice you guys may have for me on manufactures etc??

Thanks in advance

MIT.  :happy2:

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
Re: Golf MK5 Tdi Clutch and Flywheel replacement parts?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:10:39 pm »
Replaced the clutch and DMF on my 2.0 tdi yesterday. I bought the parts from a SEAT dealer who does mail order.
I did a lot of ringing about/searching online and got it at a very competitive price from David@SERE Motors in Belfast - happy I got a genuine VAG kit derived from my VIN with new flywheel bolts etc for a tad more than the cheapest eBay seller, but peace of mind included.

Seeing as you're new and can't PM, here is a way to contact him if you want a quote - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249

Kit I got was Sachs, same as what came out. Problem being if you start mixing and matching brands they won't be compatible with each other. As far as I know, you'll have either LUK or Sachs so you'll ideally want to buy a complete set together as opposed to a clutch from here, flywheel from there.

Not sure if you've got any prices yet but they are not cheap!!

Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline pocket_gti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Golf MK5 Tdi Clutch and Flywheel replacement parts?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 10:27:36 pm »
cheers for that mate! i aint had a look yet but have been told prices from 300 to 600 pounds!? lol

what did you end up paying for your kit if you dont mind me asking?

thanks again

MIT