Make a donation

Author Topic: Superhuman Paralympics - London 2012....  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Superhuman Paralympics - London 2012....
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 05:58:22 pm »

Hi RealThing,

I spent 6 months in Stoke in 2001 after a motor bike accident (Spinal Cord Injury T4), tried lots of sports at the Guttmann sports centre there, some of my mates went on to trial for GB in different sports.

I seemed to spend most of my time working out how to bolt an engine on to what ever I was sat in  :signLOL:

Hi NeilM
You’re quite a youngster then I had Spinal Cord Injury C6/7 caused by a Diving Accident in 1979 (Bet More than Half the Forum Members didn't even exist then  :signLOL:) Going to the Games next Friday (Got complementary tickets as an Ex Paralympian)
Golf MK6 R TTE420 & Gen1 RS3

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 10:53:46 pm »
That hannah cockroft literaly lives around the corner from me....... looks like ill be getting a gold postbox :notworthy:

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 02:29:04 pm »
Was at the Velodrome yesterday and WOW what an experience! The crowd was awesome and came out with buzzing ears afterwards.

Looking forward to the basketball and swimming now.

Fish

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 02:58:55 pm »
Hi NeilM
You’re quite a youngster then I had Spinal Cord Injury C6/7 caused by a Diving Accident in 1979 (Bet More than Half the Forum Members didn't even exist then  :signLOL:) Going to the Games next Friday (Got complementary tickets as an Ex Paralympian)

I like you already  :wink:

Was you at Brands Hatch with a blue GTR recently?

Incredibly, 2 years ago my brother-in-law had a bike accident in Ireland and is C6, he is a keen cyclist and uses a hand bike now.

I'm going on Tuesday  :happy2: