Make a donation

Author Topic: Holy tyre smoke Batman! Stg2+ just got a whole lot "nuttier"!  (Read 897 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Holy tyre smoke Batman! Stg2+ just got a whole lot "nuttier"!
« on: August 30, 2012, 11:23:56 pm »
I have been driving Stg2+ for over a year. Today I went to see Dave & Mark at PDT, to get the Revo Stg2+ non-linear update and Forge Twintercooler fitted.

I had a dyno run at PDT at end of March - 319bhp and 360lb ft. I put the lower power down to 95 RON as it was at the time of the fuel crisis and V power was dry everywhere but I did not want to cancel my booking. However, I also suspected possible boost leak or defective Revision D not holding the boost.

So today drove up to sunny Sunderland and the car drove well. They take bumper off and find boost leak - between the Neuspeed KO4 pipe and the intercooler hose going to the S3 IC. I filled up with fresh V power this morning.

Dyno run -361bhp and 349lb ft, holds boost all the way through on B9 F6 T6. So have lost a bit of torque due to Twintercooler providing a larger area of air to compress.

Now, to the drive - absolutely barmy/bananas/swear out loud as I headed down the A1(m), A66 and M6 - good lord top end pull is phenomenal, I think i need to go on the Autobahn  :driver:

Sooo, am not sure whether the difference is down primarily to the addition of the Twintercooler or whether the revised map form Revo has made that much difference? Either way... :laugh: (will post graphs up on dyno thread when get chance)

Thanks to Dave and Mark, top chaps  :drinking:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:27:03 pm by berg »
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Holy tyre smoke Batman! Stg2+ just got a whole lot "nuttier"!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 11:27:49 pm »
Did you go past scotch corner about 12.30

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 11:28:41 pm »
The Intercooler does make it feel faster, more crisp acceleration especially when first fitted.  :driver:

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 11:44:00 pm »
The Intercooler does make it feel faster, more crisp acceleration especially when first fitted.  :driver:

1230? no, was at PDT at 1100 AM.

Top Cat - was going to PM you - what was that comment you made in an old thread "like putting one ear under water"? at certain revs the noise was definately different, almost not to my liking but it was just at certain revs when possibly gear below would be suitable, also am sure will get used to it
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1