Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 - does this seem like a good deal?  (Read 3989 times)

Offline RSIboy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
ED30 - does this seem like a good deal?
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:02:05 pm »
Hi! Joined about a month ago, after missing out on someone's ED30 and they told me to keep an eye out on here!

I havn't posted yet - every time I have a question, I seem to find an absolute wealth of information just by searching...  I've been looking at all the DSG ED30's on autotrader/pistonheads/ebay/here for a couple of months now, so think I have a reasonable idea of what I'm after and what they should cost.

There's one available at GTIworld in Edinburgh, with the following spec (which ticks all my boxes):

Black, 2007/57, 42k miles, Xenons, MFSW, Satnav, Sunroof, highline dash, window tint, folding mirrors (luxury pack) - £13,981

It seems a little high to me, but the combination of good mileage, good spec, and the ability to p/ex my Mk4 v6 4motion (103k miles) is pretty tempting.  I've asked if there is any haggling to be done, but the dealer sounds confident it will sell at this price (and I've noticed a few come and go from there before).

Any comments/opinion would be welcomed...

Thanks very much!

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 56
Re: ED30 - does this seem like a good deal?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:17:23 pm »
Price seems a bit high,but end of the day it's up to you

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline greyedition30GTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 01:21:02 pm »
Just to let you know the trade in price for that car is £8000 so lot's of money to haggle with!

Offline RSIboy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:24:46 pm »
Cheers! - unfortunately my missus needs to feel like we've got a reasonable deal, so I don't want to pay over the odds...  :wink:

I notice there don't seem to be many grey ones unfortunately - I love that colour!  seem to be mostly red/black/silver/white...   Trouble is, when you start getting picky about the spec, you want the right colour, got to be DSG, nervous about buying privately etc etc - you start to really narrow down how many cars are available!

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 01:46:31 pm »
That's not a good deal at all. I'd tell them to go and f*ck themselves.
'07 Red manual

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 03:19:21 pm »
Cheers! - unfortunately my missus needs to feel like we've got a reasonable deal, so I don't want to pay over the odds...  :wink:

I notice there don't seem to be many grey ones unfortunately - I love that colour!  seem to be mostly red/black/silver/white...   Trouble is, when you start getting picky about the spec, you want the right colour, got to be DSG, nervous about buying privately etc etc - you start to really narrow down how many cars are available!

Usually its RED/White/Black only, I have only seen 3 Candy White ones for sale in last 12 months and around 5 Grey ones  :happy2:

£14k does sound high I suspect the pricing figure is him putting his £5K profit on it (I would imagine trade on that with that spec would be nearer 9K)  :happy2:

If its the colour you want with the spec you want, be prepared to pay for it as owners know this and also know there are loads of Poverty spec ones around and not many fully loaded version!.  :wink:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline vik2001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 03:39:33 pm »
i been taking my time looking for ED30 5 door for a while.
good spec but its over priced from what i say.  If it was a 08 model i say its worth 13k, but for a 07 no way.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 03:45:40 pm »
i been taking my time looking for ED30 5 door for a while.
good spec but its over priced from what i say.  If it was a 08 model i say its worth 13k, but for a 07 no way.

Try finding a 5dr well specced Candy White or Steel Grey ED30, took me 9 months!
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline vik2001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 03:47:44 pm »
yea i been looking for 2months now, no joy yet.  i joined this forum to open more doors for myself.
candy white or steel grey are my 2 first ideal colours.  but will also consider silver or red.

Offline Gazza747

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 04:17:47 pm »
It is expensive but at a main dealer with a 12 month warranty with 5 doors, nav, xenons, sunroof it's probably about right.
2013 Golf mk7 1.4 tsi SE DSG
2011 Golf mk6 2.0 tdi Match manual (sold)
2007 Golf mk5 GTi manual (sold)

Offline Robo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 07:19:30 pm »
Good luck with grey mate I looked for 6 months for a DSG and the fiancé ended up finding one on a website I'd never heard of but some pics confirmed I had to have it 2 hour drive tho and at a VW dealer too :)

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 10:24:44 pm »
Thats where I bought my GTI 2 years ago , expensive yes , but Ive had fantastic service from them in two years so tbh I cant fault the place.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 06:14:23 am »
I might have to sell my car In a couple of months due to personal circumstances...

Steel grey, every option apart from nav and lowish miles (50k) the car is mint...

Just a heads up to anyone who could be looking soon.
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 10:33:04 am »
Dont let your heart rule your wallet,be patient the right car will come up,if its worth having then its worth waiting for,imo that is.the car does seem a bit on the rich side for my07,but is well spec`d,remember also that at the moment it is a buyers market,go back and tell the salesman that you have thoroughly done your reserch on this model and as the other forumites have stated the trade in price will be way lower than sales price,about £8.5-9k i would expect.good luck buddy and keep us all posted,oh and welcome to the best gti forum in the country,that i have no doubt

Dougie :happy2: ps tornado red is by far the quickest colour lmao

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 10:59:51 am »
Dont let your heart rule your wallet...

Are you from Yorkshire?

You're always going to be able to buy a cheaper car, or one that represents better value for money, but who cares? If you like the car, and it's right for you, then buy it. You'll have no regrets when you're enjoying driving it.