Make a donation

Author Topic: Alternatives to Milltek???  (Read 18384 times)

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Re: Alternatives to Milltek???
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 07:22:07 pm »
probably not, is bcs' steel from the uk?

h4rdy

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 07:23:32 pm »

What makes me laugh is the tags on the system saying "Made in UK", since when is China in UK?   :grin: :grin: :grin:

Or does it mean "Unpacked and sold in UK"

On what grounds do you know they aren't manufactured in the UK?

On what grounds do we know that they are not made in China?.

Joking aside, simply type in Google "Milltek DP cracked" "Milltek exhaust failure" "Milltek made in China" and come to your own conclusions!.

:happy2:

By the fact I have seen them physically making them in there own factory which is strangely no where near China.

Not sure that makes me feel any better. Nothing wrong with stuff from China.

h4rdy

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 07:24:40 pm »
Well, i supose while they do come with a lifetime warranty whilst being on your car i don't really think theres much of a problem.

Just the hassle......

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 07:33:03 pm »

By the fact I have seen them physically making them in there own factory which is strangely no where near China.

[/quote]

ETTO mate  :happy2:, but I have seen both up close and read enough on various forums to form my own opinion, as it seems others on here have done  :smiley:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 08:38:17 pm »

ETTO mate  :happy2:, but I have seen both up close and read enough on various forums to form my own opinion, as it seems others on here have done  :smiley:

....Like SteveP, I have also witnessed them being made at Milltek's factory.... near Derby.... in the UK.

You are of course entitled to your opinions based on experience etc and to share your views but basing it on what you have read on the internet and in forums is frankly unreliable, as your China post well illustrates.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:40:02 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
"You get what you pay for."

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »
who cares where the steel comes from any way i for one wont buy milltek just down to i dont like the design of the product and you hear to many bad stories but they do fix things when they break (but they should not crack in the first place)  :drinking:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

h4rdy

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 09:43:39 pm »
probably not, is bcs' steel from the uk?

Ill have a look there is some writing on the SS Stock which they make it from and as its not on the car yet.

It is so nice I would quite happily frame it on the wall!!!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 10:05:42 pm »

....Like SteveP, I have also witnessed them being made at Milltek's factory.... near Derby.... in the UK.

You are of course entitled to your opinions based on experience etc and to share your views but basing it on what you have read on the internet and in forums is frankly unreliable, as your China post well illustrates.

I can't see thousands being wrong........... like I said google is your friend
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 10:21:13 pm »

ETTO mate  :happy2:, but I have seen both up close and read enough on various forums to form my own opinion, as it seems others on here have done  :smiley:

I can't see thousands being wrong........... like I said google is your friend

....Well I expect that if you continue posting misinformation (albeit I respect that it's well intentioned) on the internet via car forums such as this one, then it'll soon be millions not thousands who can't be wrong.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline podgemasterson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 11:12:12 pm »
Sorry bout all the questions,
but which will be louder, the milltek non res or the bcs?
I just cant find any clips for the bcs at the moment and I'm very eager to see some obviously...

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2012, 11:20:17 pm »

Sorry bout all the questions,
but which will be louder, the milltek non res or the bcs?
I just cant find any clips for the bcs at the moment and I'm very eager to see some obviously...

....That's a tricky one to answer but probably the Non-Res Milltek will be fractionally louder but they'll be fairly equal under full throttle.

Resonated Milltek isn't much louder than stock.

Which sounds 'better' is totally subjective and down to personal taste/preference.

If you prefer something sounding more raucous, consider the APR.

Personally I love my Milltek but think that the BCS is a very worthy contender and alternative.

Offline podgemasterson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 11:42:16 pm »
Thanks for that reply redrobin,
Its such a hard decision to make, especially when im a complete noob!
But after talking to nige on the phone for about twenty minutes today, I could just hear the passion and excitement in his voice when he was talking about his gear, as cheesy as that sounds, so I think thats swayed it for me. There both working out around the same price anyway so thats not the issue either.
Either way my girlfriend is going to fcuking kill me when she finds out so thats usually an indicator that im doing the right thing ha! :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 11:54:07 pm »

Thanks for that reply redrobin,
Its such a hard decision to make, especially when im a complete noob!
But after talking to nige on the phone for about twenty minutes today, I could just hear the passion and excitement in his voice when he was talking about his gear, as cheesy as that sounds, so I think thats swayed it for me. There both working out around the same price anyway so thats not the issue either.

....It's always a good thing to follow your heart and the factor of the people you deal with is extremely important. In my case with Milltek, I've enjoyed a friendship with Phil Millington (Mr Milltek) for 7 years and know his genuine passion.

I'm sure you won't go wrong with BCS and Nige  :happy2:

Either way my girlfriend is going to fcuking kill me when she finds out so thats usually an indicator that im doing the right thing ha! :signLOL:

....A girlie I know who is a hardcore Mini (original version) enthusiast and also a mechanic (yes, and I'm afraid that she's quite pretty too) told me about her new boyfriend and she complained bitterly to him when he bought her something girlie for her birthday. So at christmas he (very wisely!) asked her what she would like and she said, not expecting him to buy her one, a Milltek exhaust for her Mini. He bought her one and she was over the moon. Lucky sod, she's a babe.

Enjoy your new exhaust - It's an important driving aid!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:55:53 pm by RedRobin »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=q5kj45jfnqhibugfdi24mt9a3p&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2012, 11:56:19 pm »