Make a donation

Author Topic: Alternatives to Milltek???  (Read 18386 times)

Offline podgemasterson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Alternatives to Milltek???
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2012, 12:00:22 am »
Yes he seemed so interested himself and said he drives a gti so thats sold me i think!  :smiley:

Wow, that guy totally hit the jackpot... lucky git lol!

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2012, 12:05:48 am »
http://www.f-town-streetmachines.com/h_produkte_vw1.html

That looks like a right dogs dinner....  :stupid:

....My thoughts exactly.

Why as many as 4 silencer boxes? Such a tortuous route through the back boxes.  :confused:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2012, 01:36:32 am »
Listen to it and you'll know why. No, don't get fooled by the number of silencers and
think it's quiet.

These boys surely know about exhaust systems. They also do a road legal downpipe.
Most DPs unfortunately aren't.
Raeder Motorsport also uses F-Town on their VLN race cars.
"You get what you pay for."

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2012, 09:15:49 am »
Thanks for that reply redrobin,
Its such a hard decision to make, especially when im a complete noob!
But after talking to nige on the phone for about twenty minutes today, I could just hear the passion and excitement in his voice when he was talking about his gear, as cheesy as that sounds, so I think thats swayed it for me. There both working out around the same price anyway so thats not the issue either.
Either way my girlfriend is going to fcuking kill me when she finds out so thats usually an indicator that im doing the right thing ha! :signLOL:

It is a tough decision to make, and maybe some of my posts about the Milltek touched a nerve with some folk :surprised:, but I feel that Milltek get recommended on here for the name and the fact it was pretty much the only option available for years, now there are other systems available (and in my opinion better options/quality systems) that should be seriously considered before settling for a choosing a Milltek  :grin:

The options available (which Milltek did not offer), the sound and look of the BCS system, the passion from both Nige and Dave and the issues I read about Milltek's on this forum is what swung it for me.

Based on what you said about price I guess your going for the Powervalve system?, as when I was pricing them up 6 months back the BCS prestige system (likened to Milltek resonated) or BCS Sport (likened to Milltek Non res) were cheaper by around £200, the BCS Powervalve system is priced same as res Milltek I think but its much more exhaust for the money  :wink:.

I am sure when your GF realises that what you spent only covers a few pairs of Jimmy Choo's and the exhaust will last much longer and get used a hell of a lot more  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Good luck with whatever you decide  :happy2:

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:18:07 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline podgemasterson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:42 am »
Thanks for that reply redrobin,
Its such a hard decision to make, especially when im a complete noob!
But after talking to nige on the phone for about twenty minutes today, I could just hear the passion and excitement in his voice when he was talking about his gear, as cheesy as that sounds, so I think thats swayed it for me. There both working out around the same price anyway so thats not the issue either.
Either way my girlfriend is going to fcuking kill me when she finds out so thats usually an indicator that im doing the right thing ha! :signLOL:

It is a tough decision to make, and maybe some of my posts about the Milltek touched a nerve with some folk :surprised:, but I feel that Milltek get recommended on here for the name and the fact it was pretty much the only option available for years, now there are other systems available (and in my opinion better options/quality systems) that should be seriously considered before settling for a choosing a Milltek  :grin:

The options available (which Milltek did not offer), the sound and look of the BCS system, the passion from both Nige and Dave and the issues I read about Milltek's on this forum is what swung it for me.

Based on what you said about price I guess your going for the Powervalve system?, as when I was pricing them up 6 months back the BCS prestige system (likened to Milltek resonated) or BCS Sport (likened to Milltek Non res) were cheaper by around £200, the BCS Powervalve system is priced same as res Milltek I think but its much more exhaust for the money  :wink:.

I am sure when your GF realises that what you spent only covers a few pairs of Jimmy Choo's and the exhaust will last much longer and get used a hell of a lot more  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Good luck with whatever you decide  :happy2:

Well tbh the BCS is working out dearer than the milltek for me, Its only the cat back I can afford at the moment unfortunately so is that why its not cheaper as I'm not buying a full system?

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2012, 11:05:25 am »
Probably yes as the diff in price between a full system is like I said above.

If you plan on going Full system you might be better to wait until you can do both at same time (took me a few months to get money together).

Offline podgemasterson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2012, 11:24:31 am »
Probably yes as the diff in price between a full system is like I said above.

If you plan on going Full system you might be better to wait until you can do both at same time (took me a few months to get money together).

Ah I see then. Well theres very little in the price between the two, about 80 euro so that wouldnt put me off anyway.
Unfortunately I just couldnt free up enough spare cash anytime soon for the full system  :sad1:
I'll have to go the seperate bits route!

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2012, 11:31:02 am »
i have been happy with my Pipewerx tbe.

I have not had experience of the other brands so cant comment but Mark @ PDT confirmed it was definately louder than a Milltek
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2012, 11:43:28 am »
I keep going to post in this thread and then stopping myself. But I can't go on reading all this BS anymore!!  :fighting:

Milltek are a well established manufacturer and have been making systems longer than most of the other manufacturers mentioned here, so how is it fair to compare reliability issues with a company that has only been around for five minutes (in it's latest form anyway)?

And all this talk about 'passion' and 'excitement' also needs to be put into perspective. A business owner/shareholder who is looking to grow a business and expand will be happy to talk the legs of a hind Donkey to anyone that will listed to them. Now I'm not knocking that being in that very position myself, but then how can that individual be compared to the someone in the same industry that is selling their product in big numbers worldwide? No doubting the passion or commitment from either side but dealing with a business owner compared with an employee will also be a very different experience. We've all discussed this very logic when we talk about VW main dealers who on the whole are useless and couldn't give two hoots, compared to the independents such as JKM, Awesome, TT Shop etc.

It also makes me very suspicious when anyone is so vocal about a product in such a way that it makes them look very naive and almost as though they'd been asked to beat a drum on someone else's behalf!!  :confused:

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2012, 12:21:44 pm »
I keep going to post in this thread and then stopping myself. But I can't go on reading all this BS anymore!!  :fighting:

Milltek are a well established manufacturer and have been making systems longer than most of the other manufacturers mentioned here, so how is it fair to compare reliability issues with a company that has only been around for five minutes (in it's latest form anyway)?

And all this talk about 'passion' and 'excitement' also needs to be put into perspective. A business owner/shareholder who is looking to grow a business and expand will be happy to talk the legs of a hind Donkey to anyone that will listed to them. Now I'm not knocking that being in that very position myself, but then how can that individual be compared to the someone in the same industry that is selling their product in big numbers worldwide? No doubting the passion or commitment from either side but dealing with a business owner compared with an employee will also be a very different experience. We've all discussed this very logic when we talk about VW main dealers who on the whole are useless and couldn't give two hoots, compared to the independents such as JKM, Awesome, TT Shop etc.

It also makes me very suspicious when anyone is so vocal about a product in such a way that it makes them look very naive and almost as though they'd been asked to beat a drum on someone else's behalf!!  :confused:
:congrats:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2012, 12:35:38 pm »

Yes i agree 100% with everything you have said.    :happy2:

Mr Miles Tamiyoman does nothing but bleat on  about how he was the first to get this amazing sun shines out of the ceramic tips exhaust with valve thingy.
In fact i have already posted up in a thread, 18 separate posts ( maybe more ) were he has been telling this forum about the amazing BCS zorst.  :indifferent: At the same time we had to request BCS to stop breaking the advertising rules as they decided to ignore them completely.
My suspicious mind would tell me Nigel from BCS gave him some money off to ram it down our throats but that is not fair i don't know this for certain, you can make your own minds up.   :wink:

And one final thing for Miles. how come your signature says " Every Factory Option fitted except Bluetooth and folding mirrors " surely this means you dont have every factory option.  :laugh:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2012, 01:07:34 pm »
Im sure Tamiyoman doesnt need me to talk on his behalf, but I think it quite unfair to make derogatory comments about Forum members (Sammy to 1 side of course, lol)! Sure, he sung BCS's praises, just like I have, but under no duress whatsoever! Without mentioning names (unlike you have above), there are numerous repeated 'praise singing' on this Forum bout Products x, y, and z, its part and parcel of spreading the word so to speak and should not in any way warrant lambasting!! People can only make informed choices if they are given hard facts, and if that means that the 'big boys' are brought down a peg or two, then i'm all for it!! If at the same time, the smaller British companies are given a few thumbs Up (after only positive comments), the im very much for that too!
This whole thread is so bloody subjective, and thanks to fantastic car forums such as this, we all can and should be allowed to have our say without any comeback!! :-D
Here endeth the lesson!
Andrew

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2012, 01:23:01 pm »

I never compared reliability issues between BCS and Milltek, Merely that lots of Millteks have cracked and thus far my BCS has not (if it does I will gladly tell folk it has done, I have nowt to hide!)

Do not disagree with anything said there, will only add that dealing with an owner you feel "more a part of it" rather than a profit margin (I also said this before)

I am vocal about it as I (MY OPINION) believe it's a better product than the Milltek, heard both, seen both, bought BCS, simple really, not one bit of naivety just based on what I see, as for being asked to "Beat someone else's drum" that's a load of crap, you must think I am on commission from BCS or something  :stupid: (Wish I was as they are gonna sell lots of them!) :happy2:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2012, 01:36:45 pm »

Yes i agree 100% with everything you have said.    :happy2:

Now that surprises me  :grin:

Mr Miles Tamiyoman does nothing but bleat on  about how he was the first to get this amazing sun shines out of the ceramic tips exhaust with valve thingy.

It's Myles, not Mr Miles and yes I do mention how I have the Powervalve system and yes it was the first one  :happy2: (just happy to have it), there have been lots get them since me and probably lots more to come, I was also the first to get the Volant intake too, in case you bring that up in a sarcastic reply!.

P.S. It has not got ceramic tips your confusing me with another member!,

In fact i have already posted up in a thread, 18 separate posts ( maybe more ) were he has been telling this forum about the amazing BCS zorst. :indifferent:

Yup and probably half a dozen of your sarcastic replies to them  :notworthy:

At the same time we had to request BCS to stop breaking the advertising rules as they decided to ignore them completely.

Not sure what BCS breaking forum rules has to do with me?, I can answer that, absolutely nothing!!

My suspicious mind would tell me Nigel from BCS gave him some money off to ram it down our throats but that is not fair i don't know this for certain, you can make your own minds up.   :wink:

Your suspicious mind clearly needs a night off duty  :surprised:, your way off the mark there (AGAIN), I paid the full price (and was very happy to pay it) and I have a receipt from BCS showing I paid the full price for the system, not that it has got ANYTHING to do with yourself, I am happy to post up the invoice for anyone to see (Obviously I would remove part of my address)

And one final thing for Miles. how come your signature says " Every Factory Option fitted except Bluetooth and folding mirrors " surely this means you dont have every factory option.  :laugh:

Rather than listing all options, it's easier to say it has all options except those 2, quite simple really  :stupid:, see how I don't get as annoyed/angry/sarcastic as you do TC when you suggest that I am taking kickbacks  :grin:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:51:21 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2012, 01:37:51 pm »

I never compared reliability issues between BCS and Milltek, Merely that lots of Millteks have cracked and thus far my BCS has not (if it does I will gladly tell folk it has done, I have nowt to hide!)

Do not disagree with anything said there, will only add that dealing with an owner you feel "more a part of it" rather than a profit margin (I also said this before)

I am vocal about it as I (MY OPINION) believe it's a better product than the Milltek, heard both, seen both, bought BCS, simple really, not one bit of naivety just based on what I see, as for being asked to "Beat someone else's drum" that's a load of crap, you must think I am on commission from BCS or something  :stupid: (Wish I was as they are gonna sell lots of them!) :happy2:

I don't recall mentioning either you are BCS in my post............  :confused: