Make a donation

Author Topic: Roll on 7.30!!  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Roll on 7.30!!
« on: September 03, 2012, 11:37:02 am »
Had a weekend from hell.....

Just thought id share it with you all.

I woke up friday morning with a txt from my mum saying "ring me as soon as you get up, got a problem".
So i rung expecting to hear that a relative had fallen ill, or tge world was coming to an end. It was worse.....

My dads traders policy had expired n hes was strugglingto get insurance cover for his fleet of hire cars which included my beloved :(

Sooooo.... I was left with a problem. i work nights.

The answer to my problem was in the shape of a 53 VAUXHALL.... CORSA.... 1.0.... In Jewish racing gold! Ohhhh my lord!!  :sick:

Iv used this hardcore street weapon all weekend n i can honestly say iv never been so bored in a car.
Iv been on the net n am on 1st name terms with possibly every insurance company in the land.
Prices ranging from £1600 to £7600! Which i jus cant afford at the moment.
Anyways ive bin on the phone to esure this morning and theyre happy to take my elephant named driver no claims discount if i send them the relevant paper work so for the 1st time in 9 years of driving my insurance is on the right side of a grand. £870 to be exact!!

At 7.30 i finish work n im takin my beloved for a spin :pomppomp:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:19:21 pm by Bazgti »

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: Roll on 7.30!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:41:03 am »
Wow, you've had to pay for your own insurance for the first time in 9 years. I feel your pain............

:wink: :grin:

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 12:21:32 pm »
Nooooo... Ive always paid for it. Jus the 1st time iv had it under a grand.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 12:41:07 pm »
9 years of illegal driving....

If you had done it properly from the beginning you would have had decent insurance years ago...

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 02:18:37 pm »
Nothin illegal in the slightest. My unc n myself bought a car between n shared the costs. He used it through the week n i use it at weekend. Because of circumstances with his work he now uses a van so iv taken the car on myself n this jus happens to be the situation with insurance.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 02:22:58 pm »

If you had done it properly from the beginning you would have had decent insurance years ago...

TBF with the costs of insurance for youngsters these days, I see being a named driver until your 25 happening regularly, my mates son just got quoted £3700 for his fiesta  :stupid:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 04:46:23 pm »

TBF with the costs of insurance for youngsters these days, I see being a named driver until your 25 happening regularly, my mates son just got quoted £3700 for his fiesta  :stupid:

I paid 3k when I was 18 on my seat ibiza. Fiestas and corsas are always expensive to insure tell him to steer clear of those.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 04:47:44 pm »
Nothin illegal in the slightest. My unc n myself bought a car between n shared the costs. He used it through the week n i use it at weekend. Because of circumstances with his work he now uses a van so iv taken the car on myself n this jus happens to be the situation with insurance.

Why do you and your uncle need a traders policy? A normal policy would have done the job

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 04:54:38 pm »
Sympathy...  had some here somewhere ... nope, sorry, I'm all out of sympathy.

Got some apathy, though.  Will that do?

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 05:16:02 pm »

The answer to my problem was in the shape of a 53 VAUXHALL.... CORSA.... 1.0.... In Jewish racing gold! Ohhhh my lord!!  :sick:

....Brilliant term! That made me laugh  :signLOL:  :drinking: You don't live in Golders Green do you?

Do you ever watch The Big Bang on E4? The Jewish lad in that is always funny.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 05:26:37 pm »
We didnt have a traders policy. Were were insured by a standard insurance company. When i took over ownership of the car my dad offered to put it on his traders while i found my feet in my 1st house. Saved me on an annual bill. Now because of thieving scum bags breaking into the garage he owns the insurance company has decided to take its ball in so to speak leaving me un insured to drive my beloved until i sorted it this morgen.

What grates me though is the fine for bein caught without insurance is less than the premium itself. Now im not endorsing this behaviour in anyway but it jus seems that if you play by the rules you get shafted.

Rant over!

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 05:44:35 pm »

The answer to my problem was in the shape of a 53 VAUXHALL.... CORSA.... 1.0.... In Jewish racing gold! Ohhhh my lord!!  :sick:

....Brilliant term! That made me laugh  :signLOL:  :drinking: You don't live in Golders Green do you?

Do you ever watch The Big Bang on E4? The Jewish lad in that is always funny.

Yeah i do. Its hilarious. Someone made a reference to something german. He simply replied "im not sure that for me"  n totally changed the subject had me in stitches  :grin:

As for sympathy/apathy i wasnt looking for either i was jus making light heart of my plight. N the fact i cpuldnt wait to get home to drive my baby as iv not so much as sat in her since thursday.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 07:10:15 pm »
9 years of driving yet never had a premium under a grand doesn't stack up. You crash every year lol? 9 points?

Not that I actually care tbh do as you please

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 07:46:31 pm »
Easy now someones on the plug it seems.

I live in an OL postcode which is a band F (high risk) i was driving a 1.8t at 20, an anniversary at 22 n now a gti from 26.

Through out that period i did a security based job (also high risk)

I have 5years no claims so a crash every year 'doesnt stack up'

Iv not asked you to comment you have done so on your own accord n also didnt ask you to be arsey but youve also been that.

My insurance started at £2800 and has steadily dropped since but jus not under a grand. Iv asked many times why my premiums are high n the above were the answers aswell as 'people in your area have had crashes in your kind of car'

Buuuuuut 'you dont care'. You should go n club a puppy to death or summat Mr/Mrs Happy.

That is all.....

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 09:14:29 pm »
I live in a group F area too.

At 18 on a 1.4 Ibiza my insurance was 3k. Just done a quote on a GTI, 23 years old, 5yrs NCB and well under a grand. So something aint right, I'd expect someone your age to be paying 600 or less.

Maybe your just rubbish at doing quotes, or maybe it's because all these years you have been a named driver ;)