Make a donation

Author Topic: How would you buff this out?  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Mr Savage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
How would you buff this out?
« on: September 04, 2012, 01:18:23 am »
Right all, i've posted on the how to section of this forum earlier about my rear bumper. Basically someone went into the back of me at very low speeds but have caused this not major but irritating scuff  :fighting:

I think i'll try to hide it before doing anything drastic but what do you guys recommend to get it invisible?

Cheers!  :drinking:

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: How would you buff this out?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 01:25:41 am »
if your talking about the mark on the edge of that plastic then its physically impossible to 'buff' that out.

You could try re texture painting it but IMO it will only look 100% if you replace the part.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Mr Savage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 02:03:21 am »
Haha yes, I only used the word buff because people that drive into someone else like to say "It'll buff right out mate" and it's like  :confused:

It don't have to be perfect & I know the texture won't come back. Just want it looking good. Think I'll try going over the entire back with some Autoglym back to black & see how it comes up.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:09:07 am by Mr Savage »

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 05:31:37 am »
good opportunity for a smooth and spray to colour code the car. I seem to recall some members have had it done for 150..
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 10:18:01 am »
I sure some good trim and bumper dressing will hide it a little so it matches the same coulour as the rest.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 04:41:42 pm »
I sure some good trim and bumper dressing will hide it a little so it matches the same coulour as the rest.

+1

I use Auto Finesse Revive on my trims. Great stuff :happy2:

Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 04:44:43 pm »
Get them to pay for a new valance maybe? Or is it one of those, you didnt notice it until you got home scenarios? I had that happen with my Scirocco when someone hit it at low speed (like their foot slipped off the clutch at lights) and i didnt notice till i got home.

Offline Mr Savage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 11:38:13 pm »
Get them to pay for a new valance maybe? Or is it one of those, you didnt notice it until you got home scenarios? I had that happen with my Scirocco when someone hit it at low speed (like their foot slipped off the clutch at lights) and i didnt notice till i got home.

Precisely  :fighting: Yeah I think I can correct it with a bit of patience and lots of bumper dressing!

Offline mjt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 12:29:55 am »
hi mate,i've got the old bumper off my gt sport with out the exhaust cut out,you have it you want,but I'm in Swansea