Make a donation

Author Topic: My Audi S3 Review  (Read 2073 times)

Nasir

My Audi S3 Review
« on: September 07, 2012, 07:34:07 pm »
Hi Guys, check out the review I did for a friend's startup blog. It may be useful for those considering and hopefully, as I do, you'll like to read a review of an interesting car. Let me know your thoughts and do keep in mind it is opinionated so you may disagree with me in parts.

http://fuelednotion.tumblr.com/

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
Re: My Audi S3 Review
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:48:52 pm »
Great review! In the end though I was glad the GTI won 1-0  :happy2:
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 09:38:01 pm »
Nice review, would have been nice to see more images, and some videos to go along with it.

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 12:46:20 am »
Yes, I have an S3 and agree with all he's stated - the only problem is that he's driving a standard S3.  Take it to stage 2+ change the exhaust and fit front and rear ARB's and you have a different proposition!!!   :driver:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 10:28:29 am »
I presume AWD will never beat FWD or RWD for steering feel no matter what you do! It will for grip though

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Nasir

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 11:27:27 am »
Thanks for the comments guys. I agree that I do need to get more pictures up, I'll have that done later on today. From a legal standpoint I don't know whether I should record the 'testing'. On the next one I may have a GoPro, not sure yet (saves on writing and I'd rather video edit tbh).

Unfortunately this is a standard test so the car could not be modified, although I do agree those mods would make the car into a real weapon.

Yep I think you're right Paul, although I have been in some faster cars which get closer to that feeling. I think it's more an Audi thing rather than a AWD thing though.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 03:19:35 pm »

From a legal standpoint I don't know whether I should record the 'testing'.

....I wouldn't risk doing so. A longstanding and well respected member on here ended up with heavy fine, points and 15 month ban after a vid was published. The Police measured points visible in the vid so they could calculate the speed and brought about a successful prosecution. This guy is not a boy racer but a responsible driver and enthusiast but another car was involved (making the vid) and they classed it as road racing and made an example of him.

He took it calmly and on the chin and AFAIK isn't a Police hater I'm glad to say.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 03:20:51 pm »
I presume AWD will never beat FWD or RWD for steering feel no matter what you do! It will for grip though

Paul

they are not awd they are only 4wd for a few seconds when traction is lost at the front

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 03:29:22 pm »

Paul

they are not awd they are only 4wd for a few seconds when traction is lost at the front

U know yourself mat it can be much longer than a few seconds

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 03:39:12 pm »
yeah i know but its not permanent  awd is what i saying like a scooby or an evo

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Supersonic
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 04:04:16 pm »
can anybody please explain the difference between AWD and 4 wheel drive?

Cheers

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Nasir

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 04:13:59 pm »
can anybody please explain the difference between AWD and 4 wheel drive?

Cheers

Paul

It's the same thing, what they're talking about is the Haldex system. It's not actually a permanent four wheel drive system rather one that operates only when needed, so it's FWD when not required.

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Supersonic
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 04:59:44 pm »
in Audi S3 you have a switch to change from 4wd to 2wd or it happens automatically with no control from the driver?

Paul

Nasir

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 08:51:47 pm »
in Audi S3 you have a switch to change from 4wd to 2wd or it happens automatically with no control from the driver?

Paul

No, it's all electronic.

From a legal standpoint I don't know whether I should record the 'testing'.

....I wouldn't risk doing so. A longstanding and well respected member on here ended up with heavy fine, points and 15 month ban after a vid was published. The Police measured points visible in the vid so they could calculate the speed and brought about a successful prosecution. This guy is not a boy racer but a responsible driver and enthusiast but another car was involved (making the vid) and they classed it as road racing and made an example of him.

He took it calmly and on the chin and AFAIK isn't a Police hater I'm glad to say.

I don't mean an out and out attack, I mean a video review. Food for thought either way.  :happy2:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 09:54:09 pm »
Stupid question this may be, but don't the later models of S3 have the newer Torsen T3 and the older models the Torsen T2?
If so when did the change take place?  :confused:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection