Make a donation

Author Topic: Because Silverstone  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Because Silverstone
« on: September 10, 2012, 08:10:44 pm »

Clicky   :pomppomp:  :driver: :love:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: Because Silverstone
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 08:13:48 pm »
Straight to the video clips - hehehe. Looks like you had fun!!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:14:36 pm »
Straight to the video clips - hehehe. Looks like you had fun!!

The best one is still uploading  :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »
Looks like you both had a great time Mike. Pity I couldn't come down with you. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 09:25:14 am »
Great day out. 

Some horrifically fast cars moving around that circuit, especially the chrome Aston Martin Britcar :drool: then some guys in Atoms and Nobles etc who weren't going flat out anywhere the whole day, what a waste lol.

Gutted the only vid we got of that red porsche was when i had the two limpmodes  :fighting:, i thought you had got more of it.

oh, and that video of me re-joining the track, that was a calculated change of direction.   :innocent:  Overcooked the corner speed and was completely onto the rumble strips but heading towards one of the plastic corner posts, so i ducked left into the run off.  I got intimate with the run off area at priory a few times though  :signLOL:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 09:27:43 am »

I thought I had the laps where you was attached to the back of the Carrerra too  :sad1:

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 10:09:59 am »
The Carrera only has 325bhp and a lot more weight to carry than the Sys Fabia. But like most NA engines they take time to build the power and thats where the TSi unit comes into its own.  I bet he was a bit miffed that he spent all that money on a Porsche and 'mere' Skoda was showing him up  :signLOL: 

I was wondering with the limp mode and misfires, if the actual design of the combustion chamber in the head was the cause and somehow not designed for high boost applications.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 10:51:21 am »
The Carrera only has 325bhp and a lot more weight to carry than the Sys Fabia. But like most NA engines they take time to build the power and thats where the TSi unit comes into its own.  I bet he was a bit miffed that he spent all that money on a Porsche and 'mere' Skoda was showing him up  :signLOL: 

He wasn't happy at all, me on the contrary, i was chuffed to bits lol.  Theres only about 300kg difference between the Fabia and the Carrera so looking at the bhp/ton they are pretty similar i guess.  Mine 250@1150kg, his 325@1450kg.  But ultimately he still has a Porsche and i have a Skoda, so obviously his life is going much better than mine  :signLOL:

I was wondering with the limp mode and misfires, if the actual design of the combustion chamber in the head was the cause and somehow not designed for high boost applications.

I don't think the limp mode is related to that, its more a torque/overboost issue that causes that to occur.  It was something that plagued the car when the first beta test map was loaded.  Now it only rears its head when you are being particularly brutal, but this should all be ironed out over the net few months.

I think the misfire issue could be related to a design flaw.  That said there is a guy in Greece with over 360Wheel Hp out of a 1.4TSI Golf so if hes doing it, then maybe mine should/could.

Offline simey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Sismotorsport
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 11:17:37 pm »
Here's my attempt of 1 lap on Saturday..............

:driver:

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 09:02:11 am »
^^great vid!  :happy2: You got an awesome start off there fella.... :notworthy:
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers