Make a donation

Author Topic: Counter Strike - Gobal Offensive  (Read 780 times)

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
Counter Strike - Gobal Offensive
« on: September 11, 2012, 02:27:22 pm »
hi guys,

just one for the gamers here.. Thinking of getting this game for the PC. I checked on steam and its £11.99 - any reason why its so cheap? Im not usually a gaming fan but for the prices, seems quite cheap (i only have the price of PS3 to compare to).

What is the game play like? I find that with CoD / Battlefield, the multiplayer game has gotten really complex whereas C.S is a pretty stripped back (by todays standards) first person shooter.

I presume on steam, you download the game.. i cant seem to find anywhere to buy the physical media....

Cheers

Rich

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Counter Strike - Gobal Offensive
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 07:46:19 pm »
Steam is download only and normally the game is cheaper on Amazon plus you can sell it later. Counter strike is the grand daddy of real team based multiplayer. It's probably cheap as it's an expansion pack with maybe no story (I haven't looked) but I would rate it as pretty good.

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 08:10:03 am »
downloaded via steam last night (it is download only). Played a couple of missions. for £11.99, no complaints at all. Good to see that is relies on the players skill rather than extra abilities and other stuff. Provides a pretty level playing field.
I recommend it to peeps who are bored by CoD and Battlefield. Also out on PS3 and Xbox.

Rich

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 07:18:52 pm »
I used to play Counter Strike Source a lot.

Brilliant game, real easy to get into. May have to get myself another PC seen as a new one is out  :evilgrin:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633