Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 Plaque, ITS HERE !!!!!  (Read 63471 times)

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Edition 30 Plaque, ITS HERE !!!!!
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2008, 04:35:14 pm »
Here's mine number 2101 - guess I'm glad they did over run the production of ED30's ! I've placed mine as directed in the flyer for the time being.

I've spoken to Sean at CreativeFX (makers of the plaques) and enquired whether I could get any more.  He told me that since the plaques went out - received mine on Saturday - he has been bombarded with enquiries regarding duplicates !! He said that it would not be a problem but it's a case of the more the merrier - he could not give me an exact price (he was busy with land line going as well !!!).

I'm just about to drop him an email - can I suggest that whoever wants duplicates signs up to the group buy thread. Good Idea Steve. 

Regards,

Gareth
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:37:01 pm by garethmk1 »

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline sixpot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2008, 05:19:39 pm »
I can see a lot of people asking for 'spare' plates to be made up who actually don't own an ed 30 (thus flooding the market with fake looky likeys) The guy shouldn't be offering his services to make them, as it makes a mockery of the 'limited edition' run, which is supposed to be unique to VW UK.
Just stick with the one plate guys, every other limited edition numbered car has done so in the past! eg.Lotus Carlton, etc etc..

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2008, 05:24:07 pm »
I can see a lot of people asking for 'spare' plates to be made up who actually don't own an ed 30 (thus flooding the market with fake looky likeys) The guy shouldn't be offering his services to make them, as it makes a mockery of the 'limited edition' run, which is supposed to be unique to VW UK.
Just stick with the one plate guys, every other limited edition numbered car has done so in the past! eg.Lotus Carlton, etc etc..

i think they will require evidence of you owning the car

**im also sure steve wont allow people to get one if we know they dont have a plaque already
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:26:08 pm by 182_blue »

Offline sixpot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2008, 05:30:30 pm »

**im also sure steve wont allow people to get one if we know they dont have a plaque already

As long as the guy is making money he will sell them to anyone, trust me! and now his details have been made available on a public forum, it makes it all the easier for people to get his contact info and do business OUTSIDE of the forum's control.

Offline lswed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2008, 05:32:48 pm »
Chaps,

I missing somthing here. What is the point in the plaque?

VW said they were doing 1500 Ed's. It looks like there is double that figure in service so ruins the ltd edition speciality. Not all ed's are getting a plaque.  To top it of you can ring up the chap who made them and order more.

Does this not seem like a slightly pointless exercise or am I missing somthing here?

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2008, 05:33:25 pm »

As long as the guy is making money he will sell them to anyone, trust me! and now his details have been made available on a public forum, it makes it all the easier for people to get his contact info and do business OUTSIDE of the forum's control.

maybe, but he can do that now anyway so i still want my spare plaque  :happy2: , and i have a letter saying mine is official  :smiley:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2008, 05:46:21 pm »
Chaps,

I missing somthing here. What is the point in the plaque?

VW said they were doing 1500 Ed's. It looks like there is double that figure in service so ruins the ltd edition speciality. Not all ed's are getting a plaque.  To top it of you can ring up the chap who made them and order more.

Does this not seem like a slightly pointless exercise or am I missing somthing here?

It is a bit like that, but for a lot of ED 30 owners this has been going on for a long time and many felt a bit cheated to say the least, so at least it is recognition of the fact its a special edition and also recognition from VW .
There is no easy response for VW to be honest at least they have stopped brushing it under the carpet even if as you say its a bit dubias as to how it will work.  :innocent:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2008, 05:51:18 pm »
Agreed, likewise I have an offical letter which is being kept very safe indeed. It doesn't matter how "limited" the ED30 is, it was sold to me as a 1500 prodcution run .. this was the case in June 2008 ... and I have ended up with number 2101. The production run has been covered in a plethora of other threads on other forums and I am kind of sick of it now.  I bought the car on the owness that it was a 1 in a 1500 only production run, so therefore I was duped by VW .. but thats another matter.  Now I have my plaque - I can't see why it is a problem to want more - I intend on keeping the car for good anyway - so it's for me !

Regards,

Gareth

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2008, 06:49:49 pm »
Ok wait...

You guys have faught your *ss off to get a placque to make the car more... special? or more recognisable...

And er... Now you bunch are going to produce more badges? Ok am I the only one here that is completely confused?

I know that they are coming from the proper badge company place but this completely goes against the whole reason you guys wanted the placqe in the first place. Can I also order one for our GTi?

The badge= unique to the vehicle going in a unique place. Not "I will have 5 badges" one for each rim and one for the rear view mirror.

I agree as nice as it is having contact with the producer and being able to get more... The fact that you are pretty much doing what VW did (I.E overproducing a badge) just takes the specialty away from other drivers and from the actually vehicle.

Dont ruin that for other people too.  :happy2: :sick:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 06:50:25 pm by 182_blue »
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2008, 07:03:47 pm »
I don't agree with you Mike. This will only be possible if the makers of the plaques are bound to only make extra plaques for genuine ED30 owners. Im sure VW would have something to say if this was not the case.

And yes If I want a spare for a more visible place in the car and I can get one, I will.  :happy2:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2008, 07:12:17 pm »
I don't agree with you Mike. This will only be possible if the makers of the plaques are bound to only make extra plaques for genuine ED30 owners. Im sure VW would have something to say if this was not the case.

And yes If I want a spare for a more visible place in the car and I can get one, I will.  :happy2:

agreed, the company are a proper VW oem supplier so im sure they know what there doing  :smiley:

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2008, 08:56:20 pm »
Thats rubbish guys. You all complained about vw overproducing your edition 30. You have a badge. Emphasise on the singular form of the word badge to prove its special edition with a certificate. And now you want to produce more badges? why not just do that in the first  place? by making more you just making the car as tacky as a ford focus st. Like a wannabe honda. Im not gonna tell you exactly what i think though as it would offend.
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2008, 09:01:05 pm »
Not sure why it's bothering you so much Mike, but glad you haven't posted if you feel that strongly. I for one was not complaining about the overbuild as without it I wouldn't have an Edition 30  :wink:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2008, 09:06:02 pm »
hehe, i want more than one badge and i owned a focus ST, what must he think of me  :sad:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2008, 09:13:38 pm »
Mike, while everyone is entitled to an opinion I don't think the way you putting your point across is very helpful to anyone at present.

I also think you missing the point about the plaques, these cheap bits of metal are just the carrier of the number issued to each of our cars and if any of the owners choose to get an additional plaque produced why shouldn't they. If they wanted to print the number on a t-shirt or mug would you have an issue with that as well??

These plaques aren't anything special nor is their any real form of certificate to back them up as "authentic", so in the schema of things it's a very small token gesture from VW to keep a small number of owners happy.

I like Greenouse am one of the 800 odd people who benefitted from the overbuild so have no axe to grind with VW on that one, my issue has always been around false and broken promises to mostly serial VW owners and enthusiasts.

If any one with a non-ED30 chooses to get a plaque made (via either the original supplying company) or the hundreds of other firms capable of producing such an item they more fool them.

These plaque are never going to be used by anyone to prove their car is an original ED30 IMHO