Make a donation

Author Topic: Iphone 5  (Read 18892 times)

Offline johnhol78

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2012, 10:35:31 am »
Love my iP5. One gripe is needing a new cable for my MDI kit in my car. Killing me not being able to listen to the phone in the car. Need these adaptors to arrive in stock....

:fighting:

look on youtube for Android Authority iphone 5 drop test.

Wet myself when I saw the S3 shatter while the iPhone 5 was rock solid...... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

R32UK

Re: Re: Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2012, 02:47:21 pm »

Why do the Android owners try to work so hard to try and FORCE people to like their phones/OS?

This is an Apple thread, just go away!!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #197 on: October 07, 2012, 01:31:37 pm »
I'm using the SGP spigen steinheil ultra oleophobic screen protector. Feels nice. Very close to the original glass.

i was looking at these ones but cant work out what the difference is between the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic films.

The crystal is thicker and harder, the oleophobic feels nicer to touch but isn't as durable.

OK thanks.. I've ordered one and will see how it goes.

I had a zagg invisible shield one before and it wasnt very nice.

Just following up... My SGP spigen steinheil ultra oleophobic screen protector never showed up from ebay so have asked for a refund as I've since bought another one.

My girlfriends did turn up though but after 10 days its so scratched and even one of the scratches pierced though the protector. Not impressed at all with the quality. She had a zagg one before and although it went a bit yellowy at the edges it didnt mark once and she just used to throw that phone in her bag with her keys etc... Shes been really looking after the iphone5 though and the screen protector still got marked.

Poor product IMO
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: October 07, 2012, 02:16:51 pm »
I was thinking of going back onto contract to get the iPhone 5 but found the monthly contracts expensive with insurance,

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2012, 02:34:26 pm »
Hi guys, I have a few questions regarding the iP5.

I did try the iP4 but sold it as I had a few gripes. So looking for answers below (as I have the SG3 at the moment)

* Can you use the iP5 in a Mass Media Drag and Drop capacity at all? Even with third party apps?

* How does the battery life compare to the iP4. As I barely got one full day out of it with medium use.

* How does the longer phone feel in the hand? I struggle use the SG3 with one hand, as it's too long and wide, so be interested to know here.

* Is there, or will there be any plans to use "SWYPE" on the keypad as an input method, I could never use the iP4s Keypad for SMS etc

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2012, 04:34:20 pm »
Hi guys, I have a few questions regarding the iP5.

I did try the iP4 but sold it as I had a few gripes. So looking for answers below (as I have the SG3 at the moment)

* Can you use the iP5 in a Mass Media Drag and Drop capacity at all? Even with third party apps?

Nope

* How does the battery life compare to the iP4. As I barely got one full day out of it with medium use.

About the same battery life

* How does the longer phone feel in the hand? I struggle use the SG3 with one hand, as it's too long and wide, so be interested to know here.

Feels very light compared to older iPhones, I prefer the width of the iPhone 5 compared to the SG3

* Is there, or will there be any plans to use "SWYPE" on the keypad as an input method, I could never use the iP4s Keypad for SMS etc

Apple won't allow it

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2012, 06:18:49 pm »
Thanks for the responses, looks like I'll be giving the 5 a miss this time round.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #202 on: October 07, 2012, 07:08:48 pm »
Well after taking delivery of a white and black one for me and the missus on launch day I can now report I have sent both of them back for a refund.  I've owned every iphone but I just hated this one and after a couple of days use I couldn't help but think it was a waste of money.  Luckily for me apple are very good and offered to collect and refund it for me.  To my surprise the missus said a couple of days later she'd like to do the same and TNT promptly picked the second one up.  I sit here relieved and I'm gonna stick with my old phone for a good while more.

Offline rob172cup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #203 on: October 07, 2012, 07:14:00 pm »
I went from the iphone4 to the 5 and I'm loving it more the more I use it

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2012, 07:14:55 pm »
I went from the iphone4 to the 5 and I'm loving it more the more I use it

Same.

Usually impartial about phones but the 5 is so much slicker than my 4.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2012, 09:55:30 pm »
I'm using the SGP spigen steinheil ultra oleophobic screen protector. Feels nice. Very close to the original glass.

i was looking at these ones but cant work out what the difference is between the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic films.

The crystal is thicker and harder, the oleophobic feels nicer to touch but isn't as durable.

OK thanks.. I've ordered one and will see how it goes.

I had a zagg invisible shield one before and it wasnt very nice.

Just following up... My SGP spigen steinheil ultra oleophobic screen protector never showed up from ebay so have asked for a refund as I've since bought another one.

My girlfriends did turn up though but after 10 days its so scratched and even one of the scratches pierced though the protector. Not impressed at all with the quality. She had a zagg one before and although it went a bit yellowy at the edges it didnt mark once and she just used to throw that phone in her bag with her keys etc... Shes been really looking after the iphone5 though and the screen protector still got marked.

Poor product IMO

Mine is 100% unmarked after 2 weeks.

My iPhone 5 on the other hand is a complete bag of sh*t. Nice to look at but I'm having major wifi issues.

Offline aloo6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »
anyone got any news on the new MDI cable we need? pit of a pain having to charge it everynight.
mods complete - rns510, armrest, euro cup holder, gateway upgd, oem xenons, headlamp washers, levellers, heated seats, mk6 reversing cam, r32 interior trim, bluetooth.
mods planned - climatronic, Highline Clocks
registered VCDS

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2012, 09:43:29 pm »

My iPhone 5 on the other hand is a complete bag of sh*t. Nice to look at but I'm having major wifi issues.

Send it back to apple, I had issues with parts of the screen not responding, called apple and they tried to blame it on a softwear issue, I informed them that the phone had only been released a few days so how can the softwear be at fault!

They sent me out a replacement within a few days but I had to sign a disclaimer incase I never returned the phone so they could charge me credit card, otherwise they wanted me to send them my phone first.

I put up with bad wifi on my iPhone 4 but the 5 is brilliant for wifi, I have to take my router off automatic channel changing as it sometimes picks a channel that does not seem to be compatible with any apple devices

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2012, 08:27:51 am »

Send it back to apple, I had issues with parts of the screen not responding, called apple and they tried to blame it on a softwear issue, I informed them that the phone had only been released a few days so how can the softwear be at fault!

They sent me out a replacement within a few days but I had to sign a disclaimer incase I never returned the phone so they could charge me credit card, otherwise they wanted me to send them my phone first.

I put up with bad wifi on my iPhone 4 but the 5 is brilliant for wifi, I have to take my router off automatic channel changing as it sometimes picks a channel that does not seem to be compatible with any apple devices

Its too commonplace to be hardware. Thousands of people are having wifi encryption issues and Apple have aknowledged it. I'll put up with resetting the network settings every couple of days for now, and running an unenrypted wifi network at home on my 2nd router with mac filtering and a hidden ssid.

Hoping apple get to the bottom and release a software fix soon.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: October 09, 2012, 12:34:59 pm »
I've heard Apple also have problems with the finish on the phones and people are returning them, sometimes 4-5 times before they get one they are happy with!!  :surprised: