Make a donation

Author Topic: Iphone 5  (Read 19331 times)

R32UK

Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 12:42:07 pm »
So in that respect what are Samsung doing that is more innovative than Apple? It's an honest question, I've really never looked at or used one of their phones...
Samsung hasnt really been an innovator. Their phones are more powerful than they need to be for headline figures. Thats about it. Google is the innovator really, and they just thrown so many unnecessary features into the phone os. Great for the tinkerers. I have to tinker at work all day, i want my personal devices to work.

Of course, all IMO.

I dont really tinker with my phone... it just does everything as it should, really well. Not to say the iphone doesnt.... but its easier to stick with something you are familiar with.

As for integration with other devices... you have obviously paid plenty for the priveledge so no one would expect you to just get rid. However what most dont realise it that most of what apple offers was already available (for much cheaper), they just mastered the marketing side of things and making them easier to use. The game has moved on however as it does...

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 01:45:10 pm »
Forget this phone on the upcoming O2 and Vodafone LTE networks, none of the three versions of the phone that are being released for different markets support the LTE frequencies 800 and 2600 that these networks will use along with large parts of Europe.

They could always release a new version later, they have done that in the past

I've had a 3GS, a 4 and my current 4S but I don't think I'll be going to the 5, too many disadvantages for me at the moment.

Roll on the iPhone 5S

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 02:20:30 pm »
Forget this phone on the upcoming O2 and Vodafone LTE networks, none of the three versions of the phone that are being released for different markets support the LTE frequencies 800 and 2600 that these networks will use along with large parts of Europe.

I've had a 3GS, a 4 and my current 4S but I don't think I'll be going to the 5, too many disadvantages for me at the moment.

Roll on the iPhone 5S

Interesting article covering that here:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipad-iphone/news/?newsid=3380973&pagtype=allchandate

Seems we need to wait for a new flavour of phone that is compatible with these frequencies. However, im not sure that is going to be an issue. The majority of people will stick with 3G for the near future, 4G is going to be expensive comparatively.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 03:41:10 pm »
At the time I bought my 3GS, I was seriously considering the HTC HD2. What put me off was reports of it crashing (including from a friend who had one). It also had a short run. I now have the 4S but seriously considering switching. The problem is the apps I've bought. You're effectively locked in.

Tablet computers have been around since 2001.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2012, 04:03:44 pm »

Roll on the iPhone 5S

They might have to give anyone that has bought an iPhone 5 a new phone if the 4g won't be compatible like they did when the 3G was released

In the presentation they stated that it will work with 4g all over the world
But I have a feeling it will be a good few years before 4g will be available up here in Scotland as said earlier there is no 3G where I live yet

Interesting article covering that here:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipad-iphone/news/?newsid=3380973&pagtype=allchandate

Seems we need to wait for a new flavour of phone that is compatible with these frequencies. However, im not sure that is going to be an issue. The majority of people will stick with 3G for the near future, 4G is going to be expensive comparatively.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2012, 04:08:38 pm »
I don't think there is much between the top phones these days.  I've had every iphone since launch and 5 months ago I picked up a one x which I ran side by side with the 4S.  I eventually sold it as the phone was badly built and a little too big.  After a few weeks I felt bored again of the 4S and managed to pick up a brand new s2 for not much cash so I gave that a try.  It's an awesome phone, the amoled screen is much nicer than the retina and the blacks are just stunning.  It's not got the same precision build as the iphone but ICS running on this phone is much nicer than IOS6.

I'm actually impressed with the iPhone 5. I wish it was marginally bigger at 4.3"but i can live with 4".  What I like is the precision build, design, battery life and the camera was much quicker to take photos on my 4s which i miss on the s2.  The IOS6 updates are basically adding features ICS does out of the box so brings it a little closer.  If I'm honest I'd like the iphone design and build with an amoled display and android s/w.  That hasn't happened yet so a black 5 will be on order tomorrow as it's time for a new toy :smiley:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2012, 08:18:25 pm »
Well, my 4S is for sale. Plan to order my 5 first thing tomorrow (well, whenever the Apple Store app recovers from being hammered).

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2012, 10:15:18 pm »
Well, my 4S is for sale. Plan to order my 5 first thing tomorrow (well, whenever the Apple Store app recovers from being hammered).

Make sure you get a nano sim for when it arrives and hope its deliverd on time I got seriously messed about by TNT when I got my iPad a week after release date (even though they promised it was on the van every day they never turned up)

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2012, 12:45:26 am »
The reason why apple will always be favoured with the young and the hip for now is because all the other major smart phones are bricks. Too big, too bulky, it's not sexy, and that ultimately what young people want.

Hence why most youngsters have either iPhones or blakberrys, and Infact many people have both.

Androids are left to the tech geeks :D

All IMO of course

h4rdy

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2012, 12:47:06 am »

Sorry couldn't resist, its futile to try.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2012, 07:58:18 am »
who else is up to order an iphone then :)
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2012, 08:04:10 am »
who else is up to order an iphone then :)

its late. they said 12:01 pdt.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 08:05:37 am »
the apple store app lets me add to basket but not checkout, whilst the website still says its back soon

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 08:08:46 am »
its making me late for work now!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 08:12:33 am »
working now... .slowly