Make a donation

Author Topic: Iphone 5  (Read 19657 times)

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Iphone 5
« on: September 12, 2012, 08:40:35 am »
My HTC desire is out of contract now and I was thinking of getting the HTC One X but a few folk have mentioned that the Iphone 5 is out this month. So whats folks views on them both. There is probably no chance of getting the 5 free on a  new contract? and my exisiting network Virgin dont stock the Iphones so I would have to move away which is a shame as the virgin dual network works well for me coverage wise. Voda-no-network is bad up here so not looking at them.
Or am I better just taking a 4S as they might be discounted with everyone wanting a 5?

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 09:01:08 am »
You'll probably get more opinion on the iPhone 5 this evening when people know the facts. It's certain though that you'll be able to get a 4S for a lot less in the coming weeks. I'd advocate any move to an iPhone, but I think todays announcement won't shock too many people. It's not going to be hugely better than the 4S.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:18:25 am »
Currently 4's are around £200, 4S around £300 ... lets see if this changes much after today

I'll be getting the 5 I expect as out of contract and got to admit its not the best phone in the world but the other advantages sway it for me - except for the still sh*te battery life.

Offline bakili

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 12:12:00 pm »
ONE X been out for while, i would not upgrade to ONE X its bit outdated now, especially when Galaxy S3 out. 
Go for Iphone 5, if you won't like, you can always easily sell it.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:30:10 pm »
Looks good to me

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 06:47:44 pm »
Ive been waiting for it without upgrading since march, nowadays you only get an upgrade every 2 years and i phone 5 is meant to support 4g for faster net access so in the next year when the network has been upgraded it will be worth having !
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 07:08:25 pm »
The iPhone 5 will have 4g and it is supposed to work world wide
Been reading a blog from the apple event

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 07:37:29 pm »
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 07:47:34 pm »
Says a 16gb one will be £123 , now that can't be right ? Right ?
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 07:49:56 pm »
Nothing special then. SWMBO got and S3 last night and IMO puts the iPhone to shame.

Does anyone know what this reworked iTunes is like? Is it jut the usual overhaul or is there big changes to it?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 07:50:49 pm »
looks like foo fighters are playing now

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 07:51:22 pm »

Probably used the the current exchange rate for what america will pay. Usually to get our prices swap the $ to a £ and add a bit on

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 07:54:11 pm »

That's the quoted contract price for a 24month deal on AT&T or another supplier.

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 08:38:51 pm »
Just my opinion and not everyone will agree as peeps have there own opinions and once having an iPhone that's all people want and once having a Samsung that's all people want. I have had both the IPhone 4s and the galaxy S, my wife has the Galaxy S 2 and I have now upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S 3 and have to say it is absolutely awesome, and I'm still just getting to grips with it. It has everything you require, and what the IPhone offers then some. The apps are cracking and the new music stores etc.. Along with the same function as iCloud to store data etc... Online. The camera and the way it works and picture quality is absolutely awesome. And this is all before I get to grips properly with it! Linked up to skygo which was a problem on my galaxy s 1 but no issues with this and it works a treat. So fast with its quad core processor and as I say if you are due an upgrade do NOT discount this. Forget iTunes and the iPhone apps the Samsung has them and more but in a better way IMHO. Cheers :happy2:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 08:52:46 pm »
Just my opinion and not everyone will agree as peeps have there own opinions and once having an iPhone that's all people want and once having a Samsung that's all people want. I have had both the IPhone 4s and the galaxy S, my wife has the Galaxy S 2 and I have now upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S 3 and have to say it is absolutely awesome, and I'm still just getting to grips with it. It has everything you require, and what the IPhone offers then some. The apps are cracking and the new music stores etc.. Along with the same function as iCloud to store data etc... Online. The camera and the way it works and picture quality is absolutely awesome. And this is all before I get to grips properly with it! Linked up to skygo which was a problem on my galaxy s 1 but no issues with this and it works a treat. So fast with its quad core processor and as I say if you are due an upgrade do NOT discount this. Forget iTunes and the iPhone apps the Samsung has them and more but in a better way IMHO. Cheers :happy2:

Lol. In every iPhone thread there is someone trying to make everyone buy an android device. Personally, I hate android and think its a total pile.