Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 replacement?  (Read 5514 times)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: ED30 replacement?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 01:43:47 pm »
Misfires and engine cut outs. My Cupra had the same engine, never had those faults, the ed30 guys don't seem to have those faults either.

And I have a TTRS not a tts.

As for the a4's they are nice cars, like I said all of a muchness, if they were so bad as you claim they wouldn't have won numerous awards and people wouldn't be buying them
You're wrong on the first point; I'm an ED30 driver, and had the same problems (and my brother's first GTI had misfires). In my research, I found out a LOT of people had the same problems. In fact, one American forum had a rather long thread chastising the quality of the 2.0TFSI compared to the old 1.8T unit.

Did nobody mention the coilpack recall?

Offline uz

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: ED30 replacement?
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 02:26:04 pm »
Misfires and engine cut outs. My Cupra had the same engine, never had those faults, the ed30 guys don't seem to have those faults either.

And I have a TTRS not a tts.

As for the a4's they are nice cars, like I said all of a muchness, if they were so bad as you claim they wouldn't have won numerous awards and people wouldn't be buying them
You're wrong on the first point; I'm an ED30 driver, and had the same problems (and my brother's first GTI had misfires). In my research, I found out a LOT of people had the same problems. In fact, one American forum had a rather long thread chastising the quality of the 2.0TFSI compared to the old 1.8T unit.

Did nobody mention the coilpack recall?
I was told my coil packs were not up for recall on the system (so my uncle may have had them done under his stewardship).

Either way, I had them all replaced. And the spark plugs.
Steel Grey GTI Ed.30 - 18" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - Eibach SportLine Springs - RNS510 - Bluetooth Adapter Package - Winter Pack - Open Grilles

SOLD: Candy White GTI - 18" Monza 2's - RNS510 - Premium Bluetooth - Winter Pack - Xenons