Make a donation

Author Topic: Opinions on this edition 30  (Read 7366 times)

Offline JamesG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Opinions on this edition 30
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 06:38:09 pm »
I'm in Edinburgh tho & the car is in Wales.

There's a black 3 door for sale in Dunfermline supposed to be very clean and well kept,enthusiast owned. 10k I think they want
Pirelli Edition:- APR stage 2+ map,Revo/BSH intake,Autotech hpfp internals,3" downpipe & de-cat,Sachs uprated clutch with smf conversion,H&R springs,race spec superpro polly bushes. 348bhp 360lbft.

Offline vik2001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 06:44:17 pm »
if you dont mind high mileage seems ok.  but i prefer cars not to be modded.  but it comes down to your personal preferance and circumstances/budget.

sorry to hijack.  im after a ed30 also  :P
has to be totally standard - low mileage.  hit me up with what you got.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:46:02 pm by vik2001 »

Offline Black9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 06:56:30 pm »
Thinking of selling mine for ~£11,000 if thats any good to you? http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19610.0.html

Looks like a lovely car. Can u PM me current spec and milage please.

Offline Black9

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 07:17:00 pm »

There's a black 3 door for sale in Dunfermline supposed to be very clean and well kept,enthusiast owned. 10k I think they want

This is more of an impulse buy due to the spec and mods. Any ideas what the spec and mods (if any) are on the black one?

Offline Black9

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 07:19:17 pm »
if you dont mind high mileage seems ok.  but i prefer cars not to be modded.  but it comes down to your personal preferance and circumstances/budget.

sorry to hijack.  im after a ed30 also  :P
has to be totally standard - low mileage.  hit me up with what you got.

I don't find the milage high tbh. I'm just thinking what it would be like come resale lol. The spec and mods is the MAIN reason I'm interested in the car. If it was stock I wouldn't be that interested. 360 bhp sounds like fun and the mods fitted aren't cheap

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 07:19:58 pm »

I'd bite his arm off at that spec for that price. And it's got a sunroof!

72K is not a high mileage for a Golf either.

it's a 5 year old car, so it's at the high end of average mileage, nothing more.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 08:33:54 pm »
If there desperate to sell should be more to come of that price Sold mine 3 weeks ago for less than £9K and that was still quite a bit above trade offers:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,52202.msg596204.html#msg596204
Golf MK6 R TTE420 & Gen1 RS3

Offline Black9

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 08:55:07 pm »
If there desperate to sell should be more to come of that price Sold mine 3 weeks ago for less than £9K and that was still quite a bit above trade offers:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,52202.msg596204.html#msg596204

Apart from the diff and stage 1 map was there any other mods? What milage did u sell her on?

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 09:38:09 pm »

Apart from the diff and stage 1 map was there any other mods? What milage did u sell her on?

Just turned 61000 miles with big service done @ 57000 plus good tyres all round had the Stage 1 DSG map on as well Lot of people looking for Nice Edition 30s but they are expecting below 50000 Miles for around the £10K price bracket Mods are worth a bit more on the Car but it limits the market and sometimes better to sell the mods separately and put the Car back to standard if your going to mod the Car anyway worth taking that in to your budget when looking and maybe give a bit more if it your happy with the History of the Car.
Golf MK6 R TTE420 & Gen1 RS3

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 09:59:17 pm »
Seems all power with no handling mods at all, with no mention of a BBK. Bet it goes like stink, handles like a dog!! Still sitting at stock height as well, nice to role around in. You would still need to add those bits IMO just to bloody stop that puppy from shooting off the road.

Would be much better buying Damien's (DAMEOGAN) car, at least when buying from another forum member you can see the work they have done, when and how it was carried out and by whom, all IMHO.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 10:58:36 pm »

Seems all power with no handling mods at all, with no mention of a BBK. Bet it goes like stink, handles like a dog!! Still sitting at stock height as well, nice to role around in. You would still need to add those bits IMO just to bloody stop that puppy from shooting off the road.

....Well spotted! I missed that lack of handling mods when I read the spec. You could easily spend £4k sorting that out on suspension, brakes, diff, chassis mods.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 11:27:24 pm »
Here's one for TC  :happy2:

No one seems to have spotted it says "Every factory Option", yet only states it has Nav/Xenons/Sunroof  :confused:

Parking Sensors?
Cruise control?
Bluetooth?
Armrest?
Highline?
MFD2?
Winter pack?
Convenience Pack?
Folding Mirrors?

For a 5.5 y/o car 72K is higher than average mileage but nowt to worry about if serviced correctly.

Personally I dont think theres 4k worth of "Handling" mods to be done, unless you plan on track days, 1/4 miles runs etc or drive like a loon everywhere you could probably just do a few bits (I know everyone goes on about brakes, but mine seem fine to me, think as long as your not attacking r/bouts at 100mph expecting to pull up in 100yds your fine  :laugh: :laugh:)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:30:39 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Black9

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 11:36:19 pm »
Here's one for TC  :happy2:

No one seems to have spotted it says "Every factory Option", yet only states it has Nav/Xenons/Sunroof  :confused:

Parking Sensors?
Cruise control?
Bluetooth?
Armrest?
Highline?
MFD2?
Winter pack?
Convenience Pack?
Folding Mirrors?

For a 5.5 y/o car 72K is higher than average mileage but nowt to worry about if serviced correctly.

Personally I dont think theres 4k worth of "Handling" mods to be done, unless you plan on track days, 1/4 miles runs etc or drive like a loon everywhere you could probably just do a few bits (I know everyone goes on about brakes, but mine seem fine to me, think as long as your not attacking r/bouts at 100mph expecting to pull up in 100yds your fine  :laugh: :laugh:)

I've emailed & called the guy with no reply. When and if he does get back to me I can ask him about the other factory extras you've listed above.  :smiley:

Offline Black9

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 11:38:59 pm »

Would be much better buying Damien's (DAMEOGAN) car, at least when buying from another forum member you can see the work they have done, when and how it was carried out and by whom, all IMHO.

:happy2:

Good point. I think at minimum the car would benefit from a brake upgrade and either a spring/damper combo or sportlines. Had a look at Damien's ED and as beautiful as it is I really want a DSG car as my current gti is a Manual. How much Would u BBK cost from a 996 for example inc discs, pads and lines etc...

Offline JamesG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2012, 02:33:36 am »

This is more of an impulse buy due to the spec and mods. Any ideas what the spec and mods (if any) are on the black one?

http://www.scottishvag.net/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=100090
Pirelli Edition:- APR stage 2+ map,Revo/BSH intake,Autotech hpfp internals,3" downpipe & de-cat,Sachs uprated clutch with smf conversion,H&R springs,race spec superpro polly bushes. 348bhp 360lbft.