Make a donation

Author Topic: Opinions on this edition 30  (Read 7356 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Opinions on this edition 30
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 06:24:32 am »
Good point. I think at minimum the car would benefit from a brake upgrade and either a spring/damper combo or sportlines. Had a look at Damien's ED and as beautiful as it is I really want a DSG car as my current gti is a Manual. How much Would u BBK cost from a 996 for example inc discs, pads and lines etc...

At least a BBK. TFSI MIKE did a great right up on those brakes as a kit from DaveB I believe.........and there you go

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,42137.0.html

Seems there about £800 for kit/discs and calipers (at least)

I think that car is a cracking car but does need some brakes and something to keep it down ie WALK and a diff (another £1500 inc fitting) but then she would be almost there.

:happy2:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:26:37 am by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Black9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 09:06:54 am »
I'm in Edinburgh tho & the car is in Wales.

There's a black 3 door for sale in Dunfermline supposed to be very clean and well kept,enthusiast owned. 10k I think they want

This is more of an impulse buy due to the spec and mods. Any ideas what the spec and mods (if any) are on the black one?

http://www.scottishvag.net/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=100090

Not registered. Is the car stock

Offline Black9

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2012, 09:07:49 am »
Good point. I think at minimum the car would benefit from a brake upgrade and either a spring/damper combo or sportlines. Had a look at Damien's ED and as beautiful as it is I really want a DSG car as my current gti is a Manual. How much Would u BBK cost from a 996 for example inc discs, pads and lines etc...

At least a BBK. TFSI MIKE did a great right up on those brakes as a kit from DaveB I believe.........and there you go

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,42137.0.html

Seems there about £800 for kit/discs and calipers (at least)

I think that car is a cracking car but does need some brakes and something to keep it down ie WALK and a diff (another £1500 inc fitting) but then she would be almost there.

:happy2:

Thanks for that. Quite helpful :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 10:05:40 am »
A proper encased, not just a poly insert, lower engine mount will do wonders in helping transfer power to the road. But for even balance it would be advisable to do the other two engine mounts as well. Every suspension related component will contribute to a good handling package, but it's a slippery slope!

Quaife, or other brand, diff is a major help to handling, in my opinion.

I've done most of the handling mods on the Mk5 GTI gradually over a period of time and can put my hand on my heart and say that it's a whole package which gets you to the sweet spot. My car now handles like a dream - It just needs a more skilled driver!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Black9

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 01:48:46 pm »
I've tried calling the PH number at least 20 times with no answer and then finally yday morning I get through. I say hello and the person hung up on me:(

Emailed them too with no response. How else can I get in contact lol

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2012, 02:20:51 pm »

I've tried calling the PH number at least 20 times with no answer and then finally yday morning I get through. I say hello and the person hung up on me:(

....Why bother if they aren't responding to emails or hanging up the phone on you? - They obviously don't want to sell for some reason. Perhaps the car is already sold but they are so feckin' rude that they don't do you the common courtesy of telling you. Just because someone has a nice car and also looks after it doesn't mean they aren't an arsehole with no manners or consideration for other people.

You can only try.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 02:24:27 pm »

....Why bother if they aren't responding to emails or hanging up the phone on you? - They obviously don't want to sell for some reason. Perhaps the car is already sold but they are so feckin' rude that they don't do you the common courtesy of telling you. Just because someone has a nice car and also looks after it doesn't mean they aren't an arsehole with no manners or consideration for other people.

You can only try.

:congrats:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Black9

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 04:29:06 pm »

You can only try.

I can only agree lol, guess it was worth a try.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2012, 04:36:42 pm »
^^^^
Not meant to be, mate. Another car will have your name on it and perhaps an even better one.  :happy2: