Make a donation

Author Topic: Boot Popping..........  (Read 6013 times)

Offline JStav

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Facebook
    • Email
Re: Boot Popping..........
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2012, 07:43:35 pm »
Just fitted all my parts today and got it coded.  Doesn't work  :sad1:

Checked box 3 on byte 2 of the 46 control module and the boot just locks.  The fob couldn't open it and either could the button on the drivers door. 

Turn the check box back off and the click save, the boot flies open, but just works as previous.  Absolutely gutted!
Silver GTI, Revo Stage 1, R32 rear bumper, R32 exhaust, R32 rear lights, ED30 front splitter, RCD510, Lowered on Eibachs, open fog grills.

Offline scopes

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2012, 09:17:18 pm »
Is there a link for the info, on the boot pop. How to code it correctly  :happy2:
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »

Checked box 3 on byte 2 of the 46 control module and the boot just locks.  The fob couldn't open it and either could the button on the drivers door. 

Turn the check box back off and the click save, the boot flies open, but just works as previous.  Absolutely gutted!

Don't be gutted.
Mine didn't work with the standard VCDS instructions either...  do you have an early version car?
I forget which bits and bytes worked but it's close to above in the same 46 control module.  It will work.

Also, even after it's coded up... it doesn't work great in cold weather.  Pretty hit and miss.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2012, 09:23:04 pm »

That doesn't sound good as I am planning on doing this mod this week.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 09:33:28 pm »
yep...ordered up the bits myself today..
 :ashamed: :ashamed:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 09:37:04 pm »

Don't be gutted.
Mine didn't work with the standard VCDS instructions either...  do you have an early version car?
I forget which bits and bytes worked but it's close to above in the same 46 control module.  It will work.

Also, even after it's coded up... it doesn't work great in cold weather.  Pretty hit and miss.

As above, you will sort the coding eventually, but its very hit and miss.  :confused:

Could do with stronger struts tbh….although like some have mentioned it will work alot better with the bump stop springs pulled out more.  :wink:

Only trouble with this is, to get my boot to pop every time I need em quite far out. This means when the boot is shut, it doesnt sit flush anymore.  :sad1:

I think Tfsi-Mike mentioned some custom gas struts, you can get made to whatever pressure you want?

Maybe a group-buy is in order?  :laugh:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 09:37:42 pm »
^^^^ We will leave the GB up to you then Carlo! Do like mine (when its warm and "popping")   :grin:

Is there a link for the info, on the boot pop. How to code it correctly  :happy2:

Guide for you Neil (including the coding required via VCDS).......

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edoc/MK5RearHatchPop.pdf

:happy2:

« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:40:34 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 09:42:27 pm »
thank you !  ^^^^
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

stacy-t-

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2012, 09:45:47 pm »
I guess I cant just walk into a vw garage then and ask for them to supply and fit this mod then  :pomppomp:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »
^^^^ You can but they will charge you a small fortune! There's a list on here of peeps with VCDS (who are willing to help) and where they live. Get the parts and then contact a member and go from there.

Parts you need and rough prices.....

Boot Pop Kit Part Numbers

2x Skoda Fabia Gas Struts                    6Y0 827 550 D     £35.98 inc Vat for the pair
2x Scirocco (sprung) Pump stops       1K8 827 761 D     £9.89 inc Vat for the pair.
2x Seat Leon Ball pins                           1J6 827 439 A     £11.97 inc Vat for the pair.

VCDS members...

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,120.0.html

« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:37:46 pm by MC71 »

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2012, 10:01:13 pm »
^^^^ We will leave the GB up to you then Carlo! Do like mine (when its warm and "popping")   :grin:

Is there a link for the info, on the boot pop. How to code it correctly  :happy2:

Guide for you Neil (including the coding required via VCDS).......

Thats the guide I will be using but JStav has done the same coding as listed in there and it didn't work. Will wait and see what happens when I do it.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

stacy-t-

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2012, 10:04:13 pm »
^^^^ You can but they will charge you a small fortune! There's a list on here of peeps with VCDS (who are willing to help) and where they live. Get the parts and then contact a member and go from there.

2x Skoda Fabia Gas Struts                    6Y0 827 550 C      £35.98 inc Vat for the pair
2x Scirocco (sprung) Pump stops       1K8 827 761 D.     £9.89 inc Vat for the pair.
2x Seat Leon Ball pins                           1J6 827 439 A     £11.97 inc Vat for the pair.

VCDS members...

wow - thank you sir - your service is better than vw lol
I assume everyones keys have the boot symbol in the middle button position,,,, was trying to press it in multiple different ways when I bought the car, thought it must do something lol,,, now I understand.
I will buy the parts on the part numbers you supplied
my car is an 08, does that make a difference and can I fit this myself ?
also any ideas how much I should pay someone for the coding alone
many many thanks to you sir  :pomppomp:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 10:04:59 pm »
^^^^ We will leave the GB up to you then Carlo! Do like mine (when its warm and "popping")   :grin:

Is there a link for the info, on the boot pop. How to code it correctly  :happy2:

Guide for you Neil (including the coding required via VCDS).......

Thats the guide I will be using but JStav has done the same coding as listed in there and it didn't work. Will wait and see what happens when I do it.

Im not sure then,  I had Eddie-NL code mine so not sure if the coding from the ECS Tuning guide is correct or not.

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 10:05:38 pm »

Don't be gutted.

As above, you will sort the coding eventually, but its very hit and miss.  :confused:

Could do with stronger struts tbh….although like some have mentioned it will work alot better with the bump stop springs pulled out more.  :wink:

Only trouble with this is, to get my boot to pop every time I need em quite far out. This means when the boot is shut, it doesnt sit flush anymore.  :sad1:

I think Tfsi-Mike mentioned some custom gas struts, you can get made to whatever pressure you want?

Maybe a group-buy is in order?  :laugh:

TBH, if the cost isn't prohibitive, I may be up for that!

stacy-t-

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 10:12:19 pm »

2x Skoda Fabia Gas Struts                    6Y0 827 550 C      £35.98 inc Vat for the pair
2x Scirocco (sprung) Pump stops       1K8 827 761 D.     £9.89 inc Vat for the pair.

VCDS members...

found this but it looks a lot more expensive and also the letter ( D ) on the pump stops is replaced with a (C) is it the same parts ? :pomppomp: