Other (please specify)
3 (2.8%)
P-torque
1 (0.9%)
PD tuning
6 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: October 19, 2012, 09:15:34 am

Author Topic: Which 2.0 TFSI/TSI Map/ECU upgrade do you have?  (Read 19011 times)

Offline Rabbit222

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • VAG Technik
    • Email
Re: Which 2.0 TFSI/TSI Map/ECU upgrade do you have?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 10:40:39 pm »
One thing u will prob find is that there has been a shift towards custom maps, eg R Tech. I have heard a lot of mixed things bout yr 'big names' so to speak, but as yet ive yet to hear even 1 negative comment bout Nick and his team! Yeah sure, ive been there a few times now, im clearly biased, but wat Nick and co dont know bout mapping aint worth knowing IMO!!!

Do you have a link to their website mate?

2012 Audi RS3 Daytona Grey / Revo Stage3 / ALB Front mount Intercooler/ Pipercross Intake / Loba HPFP / Loba500plus turbo / Milltek sport decat exhaust / Cooling Mist stage2 WMI / H&R Monotube Coilovers / H&R ARBs / Brush Alu roof rails retrofitted / 20" BBS CHRs /

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 10:41:44 pm »
i did this a couple years back. The UK is definitely geared more towards REVO on the 2.0TFSI forums.  
But is that because APR shut up shop and left the UK a while back?

maybe, REVO definitely benefited from that void, thats for sure.  It'll take a while for that to change i think though.

this Forum is definitely REVO, but then if you go to Briskoda then Shark Performance probably have the majority share, SCN has a pretty good mix of everything IMO, then VAGOC seem to be leaning towards APR.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:46:12 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 10:46:36 pm »
sure thing, although check on Google, it's 'www.r-techpower.co.uk', just make sure you bring some hobnobs, lol!!  :driver:

Offline Rabbit222

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • VAG Technik
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 10:54:23 pm »
i did this a couple years back. The UK is definitely geared more towards REVO on the 2.0TFSI forums.  

maybe, REVO definitely benefited from that void, thats for sure.  It'll take a while for that to change i think though.

this Forum is definitely REVO, but then if you go to Briskoda then Shark Performance probably have the majority share, SCN has a pretty good mix of everything IMO, then VAGOC seem to be leaning towards APR.

Only reason that VAGOC is changing is purely because so many people follow JonnyC. That forum used to have a huge revo following. APR make awesome hardware bits and their marketing material is fantastic...that's about it for me in any case. I've always maintained that "Competition breeds excellence" and its good for the consumer. Arrogance however will lead to your downfall...

2012 Audi RS3 Daytona Grey / Revo Stage3 / ALB Front mount Intercooler/ Pipercross Intake / Loba HPFP / Loba500plus turbo / Milltek sport decat exhaust / Cooling Mist stage2 WMI / H&R Monotube Coilovers / H&R ARBs / Brush Alu roof rails retrofitted / 20" BBS CHRs /

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 11:01:16 pm »

Only reason that VAGOC is changing is purely because so many people follow JonnyC. That forum used to have a huge revo following. APR make awesome hardware bits and their marketing material is fantastic...that's about it for me in any case. I've always maintained that "Competition breeds excellence" and its good for the consumer. Arrogance however will lead to your downfall...

And that is why I went Jabbasport, support a "smaller" tuner (Albeit one who was tuning VW's before remaps existed!), they also offer a cusomt map rather than generic file  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 11:05:41 pm »
how is your dsg remap from R Tech going btw, did it make much difference?? When you trying a Rev G DV btw??  :party:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 07:21:07 am »
One thing u will prob find is that there has been a shift towards custom maps, eg R Tech. I have heard a lot of mixed things bout yr 'big names' so to speak, but as yet ive yet to hear even 1 negative comment bout Nick and his team! Yeah sure, ive been there a few times now, im clearly biased, but wat Nick and co dont know bout mapping aint worth knowing IMO!!!

X2 never met anyone with THAT level of understanding of how the TFSI engine works  :notworthy:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 08:44:33 am »

X2 never met anyone with THAT level of understanding of how the TFSI engine works  :notworthy:

....You haven't met Sheldon Cooper then.  :grin:

It isn't only about choosing which remap product but who installs it and how conveniently they are located.

Before I chose mine back in 2006 I did a lot of research and spoke to a lot of people over several months. Jim at JKM was not the closest tuner to me - They are a 180-mile round trip. JKM are a fiercely independent tuner and offer several ECU upgrade options as well as having a rolling road. Back then I didn't choose the remap flavour of the month reported on car forums by willy wavers after the highest bhp numbers. Which engine version you have should also be a factor in which remap you choose. I chose Revo and now also have their DSG remap - It makes good sense.

The fact that the Revo has the option to fine tune the Boost/Timing/Fuelling and also 'Standard' mode (plus Anti-Theft security) has been invaluable. I also prefer the peace of mind which comes from having a very well established product. When I was considering a remap I asked my VW dealer what their attitude would be - They asked which tuner, and when I answered "Revo" they said "No problem, then".

Next JKM Dyno-Day Meet:  http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,46771.0.html  :pomppomp:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:18:42 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 09:11:51 am »

Just FYI they never shut up shop here. Awesome was the main APR UK importer, who then fell out with APR. Tuningwerkes in Croydon then became the Main UK importer.
Then late last year APR set up a fully owned HQ in the UK.
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 09:31:37 am »
I'm guessing no-one is running a Celtic Tuning map?
Golf R gone.

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 09:38:11 am »
RR, who is Sheldon Cooper????

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 09:46:55 am »
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 09:49:39 am »

RR, who is Sheldon Cooper????

....I'll give you another clue: Penny's friend  :laugh:

Big Bang Theory:  http://bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/Sheldon_Cooper

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 09:54:42 am »

Ray west www.west-tuning.com

....I went to Ray in early 2006 and discussed him doing a remap but at that time he said he wasn't confident enough of the results and hadn't finished his work on it, so we decided better not.

How is he? I haven't dropped in on him for ages. He is one very very very quick driver! That's what a full race licence does.

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 09:57:46 am »
are you talking about that REDICULOUS show from across the pond??? :fighting: