Make a donation

Author Topic: quietest tyres  (Read 8287 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: quietest tyres
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 11:00:23 pm »
 Find pirelli tyres are not as good as they used to be and go out of shape to easy,send 10 back under to pirelli in the last year

scottm72

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 12:31:20 am »
Find pirelli tyres are not as good as they used to be and go out of shape to easy,send 10 back under to pirelli in the last year
sorry what do you mean you sent 10 back ? are you a tyre dealer ?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 12:45:51 am »
Fit them for a living for the past 20 years :happy2:

scottm72

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 12:56:41 am »
Fit them for a living for the past 20 years :happy2:
ah thought so, cheers for that then,,,, what would your opinion be on the best all round tyre 18s for the gti ? i bought the car with 4 miches on it but 2 diff tread patterns i have lol and to make matters worse i have same tread patterns on the off side and diff on the near side,,, very similar but they are dif though, all down to around 3.5mm and i find the road noise a bit excessive so i am lookinf for a good softish grip tyre with the best or should i say quietest road noise i can buy, i have had the goodyear eagle f1 asyms recommended by a lot of people but still not sure, also can i ask in your opinion a tyre that has blatent central three quarter grooves on it, so deep ones all the way round the tyre apposed to maybe a tyre that is more outward tread block design, would you say the 3 dep grooves contribute to road noise volume ? really need to find a quiet tyre and would be interested in whether you think my road noise is caused by my current tread depth etc.
ps,,, just bought the car so thats the tyres that came with it hence the stupid set up,,, i know 2 of my tyres are from new reading the dot codes and have done 38k

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 01:23:36 am »
i had the goodyears on mine and found them excellent in all areas :happy2:also look at the michelin ps3 tyre as well.The mk5 golf have a tendancy to wear the inner of the back tyres making bad high spots making then really noisy of which the worsed are dunlop and pirelli for doing it.

scottm72

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 01:31:54 am »
i had the goodyears on mine and found them excellent in all areas :happy2:also look at the michelin ps3 tyre as well.The mk5 golf have a tendancy to wear the inner of the back tyres making bad high spots making then really noisy of which the worsed are dunlop and pirelli for doing it.
thanks for that andy, think i am heading for the goodyears, do you think my current front tyres at 3.5mm and backs at 4mm, pretty even wear on all are contributing to my road noise, remember 2 diff tread patterns although very similar but on wrong axels ?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 01:54:06 am »
It is possible thats causing road noise with the tyres being different tread.The mk5 golf are pretty quite in the car down the motor way.The good years are a excellent choice,been looking for some for myself in 19" but god they are expensive :signLOL:

Offline hunter

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 12:33:41 am »
falkens fk452 not that expensive and werent that noisy.maybe check tracken too mate

scottm72

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »
It is possible thats causing road noise with the tyres being different tread.The mk5 golf are pretty quite in the car down the motor way.The good years are a excellent choice,been looking for some for myself in 19" but god they are expensive :signLOL:
bit the bullet and bought the tyre most people are raving about the goodyear f1 asymetrical 2, set of 4 for £420,,,, man i checked wads of reviews and they are mostly coming out on top, that is a non fitted price though, will get my local garage or so to fit them and get the tracking done at same time, ordered them today at 1pm and geting them delivered by 4pm tomorrow from 400 miles away - brilliant,,, was £12 for delivery,,, will let you know how the tyres are

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 11:05:50 pm »
Be good to know how you rate them Scott :happy2:

scottm72

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2012, 11:21:54 pm »
Be good to know how you rate them Scott :happy2:
will prob get fitted on fri or so and will tell on way home so i will let you know

Offline monklife

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 08:43:27 pm »
prada spec2's for me

Offline S77VJP

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You