Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS510 + Bluetooth + MFSW  (Read 1680 times)

Offline rtorbs

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
RNS510 + Bluetooth + MFSW
« on: September 03, 2012, 06:40:13 pm »
Hi All,

Ive got a few of questions around the RNS510, bluetooth and MFSW if someone could possibly confirm.....Ive been reading for the last couple of weeks and have found most of the stuff I think but am confused  :confused: about the following but first a bit of background..

I'm looking at an edition 30 with dsg and from what i gather it has the 'correct' wheel to retro fit the multi function buttons?! not sure if thats correct or not, I believe the RNS unit is plug and play and therefore shouldnt be an issue but its the bluetooth controller that im most confused about as all the parts ive seen seem to suggest that they work only with the white MFD.....or am i not looking enough?

Anyways questions are these:

Can I get all these parts retro fitted without too much trouble and if so specifically what are the part numbers for the bluetooth and multi function steering wheel buttons?
Ive heard some RNS units drian the batt, if so any ideas what model do i require ? i understand they go from A-H or there abouts?
Also assuming i can get the bluetooth controller whats the chance of it not being phone compatible ? (Ive got a galaxy s3 and not an iphone :) )

Basically i want the full functionality cos im greedy  :grin:

cheers in advance

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Re: RNS510 + Bluetooth + MFSW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:44:29 pm »
Best off sending Eddie-NL a pm, he can supply all you need exactly to your requirements.

Whereabouts are you based?

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline rtorbs

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:25:36 am »
OK cool will do that, thanks oh and I'm in Halifax.....

Edit - Scratch that, as im a noob doesnt look like i can send/recieve pm's yet !
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:01:55 pm by rtorbs »

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 10:31:45 pm »
Try sending him an email via his profile.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline kev-m-

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 09:09:14 am »
Hi torbs, how did you get on with this? I'm in the same boat but down in Birmingham.

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 03:18:19 pm »
OK cool will do that, thanks oh and I'm in Halifax.....

Edit - Scratch that, as im a noob doesnt look like i can send/recieve pm's yet !

You will get there. I would say Eddie-NL is the audio guru from experiance  :P

Offline wattso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 02:03:36 am »
Thanks for the referral to eddie, I've also got similar questions. Have to say that this forum rule of no PM's for newbies is ridiculous, often you join a forum to read the threads and then purchase parts or ask questions. Not everyone is an avid poster. Rant over lol  :laugh:

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 07:41:50 am »
^^^ Personally i would be wary of buying something from somone with less than 10 posts so i think its a good idea. Doesnt take long to reply to a few threads

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build