Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG gear changes  (Read 3281 times)

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
DSG gear changes
« on: September 26, 2012, 09:34:42 pm »
Was wondering whether my 0-60 and quarter mile times would improve if I changed gear around 5.5-6k rpm rather than just before the redline?
I know that the peak torque should drop off before then, it's just that my car still feels like its pulling that high up the rev range?  :popcornsoda:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: DSG gear changes
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 11:15:55 pm »
I launch and then manually shift at 6.5krpm. I've tried a few combo's but this works best. I also have a stage 2 DSG map which allows me to launch from standstill at 4350 rpm. No bogging down on setting off. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 11:20:08 pm »
I launch and then manually shift at 6.5krpm. I've tried a few combo's but this works best. I also have a stage 2 DSG map which allows me to launch from standstill at 4350 rpm. No bogging down on setting off. :happy2:

Hi John, how do u get a stage 2 DSG map on an R??
I thout the DSG maps couldn't be done on newer models???  :confused:
I'd love to be able to launch at 4350 rpm rather than 3k rpm  :sad1:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 11:36:00 pm »
The R uses the same Temic DSG communication protocols as the older DSG boxes (same ME9 engine ecu system also)

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 12:01:39 am »
The R uses the same Temic DSG communication protocols as the older DSG boxes (same ME9 engine ecu system also)

What about the S3??

Any reason why they did that with the R??

justsean

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 04:24:15 pm »

Is that different to the s3 then? My friend has been looking to get a DSG map for his but no one can offer it yet, I thought the R was the same?

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 06:48:31 pm »
What year is the s3?

Offline steevo134

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 11:09:42 pm »
Mind sound like a stupid question but I have the dsg box in mine but so far have been unable to launch how is it done  sorry

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 11:21:25 pm »
Pull up the car, move it from drive to sport whilst keeping your left foot on the brake, turn off the traction control and with your left foot still on the brake press the accelerator to the floor. If you have done it right around 3000 rpm should go on to the rev counter. If you have done it wrong the car will try and pull away at less than 2000rpm. If you have done it right let go of the brake and keep your foot planted......launch control achieved. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 02:09:51 pm »
Pull up the car, move it from drive to sport whilst keeping your left foot on the brake, turn off the traction control and with your left foot still on the brake press the accelerator to the floor. If you have done it right around 3000 rpm should go on to the rev counter. If you have done it wrong the car will try and pull away at less than 2000rpm. If you have done it right let go of the brake and keep your foot planted......launch control achieved. :happy2:

Or in your case at 4350 rpm  :signLOL:

You can also do this in manual mode  :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 04:06:30 pm »

Or in your case at 4350 rpm  :signLOL:

You can also do this in manual mode  :happy2:

:evilgrin: Yes, and should be stage 2+ early next week too :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :driver:

I feel a few more launch tests coming on  :driver: :party:
Golf R gone.

Offline steevo134

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 08:35:49 am »
Thanks guys just wasn't sure how it was done

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 10:38:56 am »
The S3 was registered in January 2010  :innocent:

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 02:55:04 pm »

I tried this however mine only revs up to around 1500 maybe 2000rpm?! its a stage 2+ GTI