Make a donation

Author Topic: Trackers. Talk to me...  (Read 1314 times)

Offline tommy_a

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Trackers. Talk to me...
« on: September 27, 2012, 07:16:23 am »
For obvious reasons ill be getting a tracker fitted to my car on its return.

I have never had a tracker installed on any car i own so i know very little about them. What i need to know is, are there any prefered manufacturers/models? How are they installed? Are there different types of system available? What have you lot fitted?

Any info much appreciated !!  :happy2:
R32

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: Trackers. Talk to me...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:45:07 am »
I have no experience of trackers but i do know you either pay monthly or a lump sum. Iv heard of lots of stories of cars getting stolen then the person going to the tracker company and finding out the monthly payments stopped for whatever reason and the tracker doesnt work. I would personally pay it all up front.

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 07:51:07 am »
Seem to remember a thread on this quite recently. I think it was Pov?

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 08:09:56 am »
I looked into having a tracker fitted last year for insurance purposes.  From the top of my head it worked out at £189 fitted and £11.99 per month for a service that could be activated 24/7 365 days a year.  It got me a whopping £300 off my insurance quote so I didn't bother.

If my car was stolen I doubt I'd really want it back, my excess is £200 and iv got my maximum no claims bonus protected.  I'd like to think a tracker might lead to prosecution of the person who stole my car but in reality it would either never be seen again or found parked up in a side street needing 2 new tyres, fuel, stinking of weed and scratched to fook.

Can't beat the old hidden switch to the fuel pump trick IMO :)

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 12:53:35 pm »
Been considering this myself recently after seeing an offer. Back2you.com are selling a wireless tracker for a one off price of £195 with no monthly fees and if you use the code AX33 you can get 10% off. Can't remember how long the code lasts for though.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 01:21:27 pm »
the discount code still works

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 01:56:42 pm »
Been considering this myself recently after seeing an offer. Back2you.com are selling a wireless tracker for a one off price of £195 with no monthly fees and if you use the code AX33 you can get 10% off. Can't remember how long the code lasts for though.

gadgets like that are very easily gotten round, dont waste your money. Get a proper tracker installed by a professional with anti jamming technology.

Also dont waste your money on any tracking system that isnt insurance recognised or thatcham approved