Make a donation

Author Topic: GTi Festival  (Read 15300 times)

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Re: GTi Festival
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2012, 09:18:55 pm »
It was a good day, maybe a little cold for standing around but good for the cars and good to see a few guys off of here running down the strip  :smiley:

My favourite drag of the day was the Cadillac CTS-V getting beaten by a Nogaro Blue Audi S4, I don't know what the Audi was running but it was awesome to watch!!  :grin:

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2012, 09:32:32 pm »
Yes, that Audi was Awesome, I ran against it, and to be honest I've never seen an acceleration like it, phenomenal - but he was running serious NOS.  that Cadillac was pushing over 700bhp  :signLOL:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 09:34:45 pm »
Great times there mate, and it was good to eventually meet  :happy2:
My best time was 13.0557  :sad1:
going to have to get her serviced and checked out, as well as getting the GIAC DSG map.  Hurdy did well, apparently a 12.6  :congrats:
Either the R's are a lot quicker than the S3's or I haven't gotten her setup aggressively enough :signLOL:
Will post up some pics when I get the chance.
BTW that rocket car was epic  :stupid:

Cheers Justin, the R performed well, but still struggles with the top end, maybe due to the torque limit still being there. My fastest times were 12.615 and with a passenger 12.787
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2012, 09:35:23 pm »
It was a good day, maybe a little cold for standing around but good for the cars and good to see a few guys off of here running down the strip  :smiley:

My favourite drag of the day was the Cadillac CTS-V getting beaten by a Nogaro Blue Audi S4, I don't know what the Audi was running but it was awesome to watch!!  :grin:

The Audi was on nitrous. :driver:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2012, 09:36:58 pm »
Thanks, yes im really pleased with the times. Hurdy almost made me want to start chasing the 13's :

KC_GTI mine is a stage 2 ko3 gti DSG.

Yes the rocket car was awesome  :laugh:. I have a crappy phone video;

Those were good runs Ben, some stage 1 ED30's would be happy with low 14's :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2012, 09:46:11 pm »
Thanks, yes im really pleased with the times. Hurdy almost made me want to start chasing the 13's :

KC_GTI mine is a stage 2 ko3 gti DSG.

Yes the rocket car was awesome  :laugh:. I have a crappy phone video;

Those were good runs Ben, some stage 1 ED30's would be happy with low 14's :happy2:

Thanks Hurdy, be interesting to see what power it is actually making when it goes on jkm's rollers in a coupe of weeks.

Your R looks fantastic. I didnt get to see you do a run but looks like you got some good times even with the torque limit issues.

What time did your friend in the blue R get?

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2012, 09:54:48 pm »
Jd managed a best of 12.86, which is great for stage 1.
Golf R gone.

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2012, 10:19:29 pm »
Turned out to be perfect weather and was nice to put a few faces to some names on here at last  :happy2:

Had a nice drive up with Justin and was pretty much at the front of the queue when they opened the sprints  :driver:

Overall a little disappointed with my best time of a 14.9 and was just about catching Bendy up on one of my runs but felt like i was down on power a little  :confused: and would've been far behind with his later low 14's runs :sick:

Not sure whether by disconnecting the battery whilst have my new steering wheel and controller fitted has done something to my map, wasnt sure if it was in my head at the time, but today it wasnt pulling as hard as at inters back in June  :sad1:

Definitely getting an air vent newsouth boost gauge after seeing one today and will help me keep an eye on things  :wink:

Dave

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2012, 08:38:44 am »

Saw a few nice Mk5's but didn't have a clue who was who  :sad1:  Got to see a few familiar faces though

Finally met Justin  :happy2: :happy2:  After all the nights of banter & moaning to each other!

Was you the guy with Justin, Dave?  J's crap at inroductions  :laugh:

A decent day to end the season  :smiley:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2012, 09:00:02 am »
 :signLOL: which Justin are u on about?
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2012, 09:07:50 am »

Saw a few nice Mk5's but didn't have a clue who was who  :sad1:  Got to see a few familiar faces though

Finally met Justin  :happy2: :happy2:  After all the nights of banter & moaning to each other!

Was you the guy with Justin, Dave?  J's crap at inroductions  :laugh:

A decent day to end the season  :smiley:

I saw quite a few peeps Mike including, Jussa, Wigit, yourself, Alex, Bendy, JV, bigjohn, and quite a few people I can't put forum names to.  :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2012, 09:19:15 am »

Hardstaff, 'h4rdy'

h4rdy

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2012, 09:37:13 am »

Hardstaff, 'h4rdy'

Everytime I walked past hurdys machine he wasn't there.

Good to finally meet Mike.

Saw Alex.

I'm going to JKM on the 27th so ill meet some more.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2012, 01:08:19 pm »
Turned out to be perfect weather and was nice to put a few faces to some names on here at last  :happy2:

Had a nice drive up with Justin and was pretty much at the front of the queue when they opened the sprints  :driver:

Overall a little disappointed with my best time of a 14.9 and was just about catching Bendy up on one of my runs but felt like i was down on power a little  :confused: and would've been far behind with his later low 14's runs :sick:

Not sure whether by disconnecting the battery whilst have my new steering wheel and controller fitted has done something to my map, wasnt sure if it was in my head at the time, but today it wasnt pulling as hard as at inters back in June  :sad1:

Definitely getting an air vent newsouth boost gauge after seeing one today and will help me keep an eye on things  :wink:

Dave

If your car has Revo software then it will have reverted to default B0 F0 T0 settings when disconnecting the battery and will affect the performance quite a bit mate.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2012, 01:08:55 pm »
Jd managed a best of 12.86, which is great for stage 1.

What was his terminal speed compared with yours John?