Make a donation

Author Topic: need some direction please  (Read 1807 times)

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
need some direction please
« on: October 01, 2012, 05:09:01 pm »
hi all...
calling on some of your knowledge.
have the original cd changer in the armrest and want to get rid of it and replace with this ipod option people talk about...can anyone throw me links to what i need to buy.plan to get rns510 in coming weeks aswell so just want to get a shopping list together
TIA
marko :happy2:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline TIGER-UPPERCUT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
Re: need some direction please
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:16:39 pm »
X2

Although Im not getting RNS510 Ive got the same setup with the RCD300.  Want to swap the changer in the armrest for Ipod adapter.

Im guessing its just plug n play job?  The wiring for the changer just plugs into the ipod thingy bobby to replace it?

Something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK6-JETTA-PASSAT-INTERFACE-DOCK-ARMREST-USB-IPHONE-IPOD-LEADS-NEW-/280963733511
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:20:29 pm by TIGER-UPPERCUT »
2006 GTI - KWv1 - Poly Fronts - K&N Panel Filter - RTech Stage 1

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 06:36:26 pm »
look good man....
 :happy2:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline Digger3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:48:39 pm »
3DR GTI, Black Magic, Factory Fitted Winter-Pack, Lux-Pack, Colour-Coded Rear Valance, Otherwise Totally Standard, For Now.....  

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 09:37:57 pm »
hi all...
calling on some of your knowledge.
have the original cd changer in the armrest and want to get rid of it and replace with this ipod option people talk about...can anyone throw me links to what i need to buy.plan to get rns510 in coming weeks aswell so just want to get a shopping list together
TIA
marko :happy2:

Ok so if you are getting an rns510 you have a hard drive built in and can insert an SD card in the front - however I'd you would like the option to play from an iPhone/iPod then you want a media in (mdi ) unit as it is far better than the normal iPod dock - plenty of info on here about them, but very good units!

In a side note the mdi only works with the later units (RNS510/RCD510 etc) so anyone wanting iPod connection with the normal RCD300 + 500 then iPod dock version is the option  :happy2:
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline TIGER-UPPERCUT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 09:49:24 pm »
2006 GTI - KWv1 - Poly Fronts - K&N Panel Filter - RTech Stage 1

Offline Digger3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 5
3DR GTI, Black Magic, Factory Fitted Winter-Pack, Lux-Pack, Colour-Coded Rear Valance, Otherwise Totally Standard, For Now.....  

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 01:17:12 pm »
any links to proper mdi units for vw golf??

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 05:46:28 pm »

One like this [ebay]320992740284[/ebay] I'm not saying it is the best one or the cheapest on eBay but gives you an idea I what you are looking for. You will need the wiring too which is also on eBay or EddieNL may have someone you are lucky

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 06:28:11 pm »
thanks for help brookes....
found 2 or 3 now but last letter is different on them all..what does that signify???

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 07:03:16 pm »
thanks for help brookes....
found 2 or 3 now but last letter is different on them all..what does that signify???

I think it is something to do when they were made. EddieNl can supply everything you need reading another thread - he is a legend so you would be in good hands buying from him  :happy2: