Make a donation

Author Topic: Audio instal by Squeekuk  (Read 2719 times)

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
Audio instal by Squeekuk
« on: October 02, 2012, 03:08:39 pm »
After a long wait I'll be making the trip to see Luis tomorrow to say I can't wait is a massive understatement will post pics here so watch this space

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Re: Audio instal by Squeekuk
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 03:19:10 pm »
might make same trip myself, which speakers etc you going for?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 03:49:25 pm »
Seriously couldnt reccomend this guy enough! The most genuine, helpful bloke ive ever met! Looking foward to this thread, he mentioned it to me Saturday when I was with him!  :party:

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
Re: Re: Audio instal by Squeekuk
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 06:29:17 pm »
Berg gone for  focal vr3 3  ways with hertz sub

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 06:34:25 pm »
Seriously couldnt reccomend this guy enough! The most genuine, helpful bloke ive ever met! Looking foward to this thread, he mentioned it to me Saturday when I was with him!  :party:

Sheesh, thanks very much Chris, you know how to make a guy blush. :embarrassed:

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 06:36:26 pm »
Looking forward to tomorrow too Nad, just take it easy on the drive down mate. Will have a hot cuppa waiting for you when you arrive. Looks like it's gonna be a crappy day weather wise, so dress warm.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 04:41:06 pm »
Common! I want to see it!!  :signLOL:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 11:18:12 pm »
 :worthless:

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 01:33:10 pm »
Morning chaps what a day yesterday wont go into too much detail ill leave that bit to squeek to do!

Arrived bright and early for a good day of installation Squeek is a very profesional guy takes great care to attention and detail and i would highly recommend his services to all forum members.

what impressed me most was the attention to detail and doign the job the right way first time, if anybody claims audio installers can do an install 'PROPORLY' in 3-4 hours must be having a laugh, this was the deciding factor in my trip to see luis as i wanted it done right first time and by someone who knows what hes doing.

the guy is brilliant very friendly and always willing to help most of all he will trat your car as his own.

heres some pics i didnt go overboard just took soem of the main parts..

My original 600w amp packed up so i invested in this amp along with these focals and a nice 10'' not too deep sub

Door skin removed (a job in itself) ready for some deadening

Next bit was awkward but had to make some speeker adapters as i was fitting a 3 way kit with the mids in the oem position.

A random photo showing mess...

Amongst this i wiring up the rear led footlights supplied by Eddie and the finished off the wiring for the dimming glass which goes in the door mirrors, both now working a treat :happy2:

I also connected in thr MDI so i now have the loom> fiscon>MDI setup n the harness and installed the mk5 speaker loom supplied by squeek to replace the speaker block in the rns loom and run straight to high level input on amp

Heres a picture of the door  complete

The finished article sounds very good the gains are turned up and down to nulify clipping i have now set thetreble-mids-bass up and it really does sound the nuts the diff between factory is obv night and day.

One thing i will say is the mk5 wheel arch subwoofer which i got off the group buy here whilst actually feeling good in the hands when in situe both me and squeek were quite dissapointed, the box was about 3 inches short along the bottom it also does not utilise the volume very well and the fixing point my biggest worry is on a flimsy fibreglass backing which you dont feel like overtighting too much as it may crack so maybe a metal plate or a block of wood would of been better there its also a bit misleading from the pics as it sticks out a bit further then you think from the pics however ill make a better washer maybe from a square piece of mdf  that will hold it in tighter and at the end of the day its a lot better than having a big box there.

All in all a full days work and great results.

Make no mistake anyone who is 50/50 with audio and needs help see Squeek top guy top service.

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 01:51:00 pm »
Thanks for the kind words mate. Was great meeting you. Sorry it took longer than expected, but rather right the first time than trying to fix it again later and glad you got back ok. I wish I had a bit more time to tune it for you properly and do a couple of other little tidy ups. Maybe next time???? Lol.

You got a real gem of a car there, top spec. Awesome.

Enjoy the tunes.

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 04:12:30 pm »
need a favour,
counld u send me up a nice big washer for the sub please cant remeber the drill size hole but u will know  :confused:

Offline screech

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 04:22:54 pm »
Looks like some good workmanship. Makes me want to start mine NOW!  :sad1:

Got any pics of the sub/amp fitted?

I must say i'm not surprised by your disappointment on the sub enclosure, when i first saw them and saw how they fit, i couldn't really believe it. Straight onto the original liner with 2 m6(?) bolts into the sheet metal......... 

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
Re: Re: Audio instal by Squeekuk
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 04:44:22 pm »
This 1 is fixed with one bolt as per the guide it just disappoints a lot off wasted space they could of used and the pics on the forum are deceiving it does ni t feel sturdy with the weight if the sub only held in with one bolt

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 05:05:21 pm »
need a favour,
counld u send me up a nice big washer for the sub please cant remeber the drill size hole but u will know  :confused:

Yeah mate, no probs, will make something up for you. I can't recall the exact size of the bolt though, think it might be M6 or M8. Sure Jedi could get the info off the chap who makes them?

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 06:34:43 pm »
where are u based?
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)