Make a donation

Author Topic: Retro fit Cruise control not working  (Read 1090 times)

Offline flipmyflipper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Retro fit Cruise control not working
« on: October 03, 2012, 01:06:24 am »
I recently bought a cruise control stork from BOLD SPORT in the usa. I got round to having it fitted today and when the mechanic carried out the coding and activation it will not set. The car recognises the cruise is there but on the diagnostics but its showing a static fault with the switch. Has anyone else had this problem? could it be a faulty part?

My car is a 2005 GT TDI and the part number is 1k0 953 513 G

2005 Golf GTD - 18" Speedlines|Eibach Sportline Springs|Powerflow S/Steel Exhaust|GTI Lights, Fogs, Bumpers, Side Skirts & Grill|R32 Rear Lights

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Retro fit Cruise control not working
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:11:54 am »
had it fitted to my car at the week end by Eddie nl-my car is the same as yours,did the mechanic put the wire in from the plug under the wiper motor

Offline flipmyflipper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:39:37 am »
had it fitted to my car at the week end by Eddie nl-my car is the same as yours,did the mechanic put the wire in from the plug under the wiper motor
No idea bud, is that something he needs to do as I'll mention it?

2005 Golf GTD - 18" Speedlines|Eibach Sportline Springs|Powerflow S/Steel Exhaust|GTI Lights, Fogs, Bumpers, Side Skirts & Grill|R32 Rear Lights

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 06:41:56 am »

It depends what year your car is but it tends to be the earlier ones. Have a look here. It shows you how to check for the wire http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,35449.0.html

Offline flipmyflipper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 09:00:07 am »

It depends what year your car is but it tends to be the earlier ones. Have a look here. It shows you how to check for the wire http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,35449.0.html
Cheers Matto. He says my car already has the column electrics wire there so it looks like a faulty switch. Bought it back in August so I hope Bold Sport replace it!