Make a donation

Author Topic: scotsure warranty warning  (Read 8902 times)

scottm72

scotsure warranty warning
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:30:16 pm »
just a bit of advice on aftercare warranty, i bought a car recently and bought aftercare for £320 only to find out that if i make a claim on the warranty i have to pay the repair cost up front and then try and claim back the money from the warranty company ???
i paid £320 for 2 years cover and i was so sickened by this i demanded a full refund straight away as the warranty was 10 days old, they reluctantelly gave me a refund and informed me i would now only have the standard 6 months warranty that originally came with the car ( 08 plate ).
was so pissed of with the garage for duping me i basically told them to stick there free warranty where the sun dont shine and even signed a disclaimer saying i wanted no warranty.
after trying to con my i dont want them anywhere near my car even if it is for free,,,,, cheeky bas****s,
the company warranty name was called scotsure so if anyone is buying a new car any time soon remember the name and remember this story.
will purchase an aftercare warranty tomorrow with vw direct for £379 for one year, more expensive i know but at least i get the first year peace of mind and no paying up front, also the comfort of people working on my car who actually know what they are doing.
this world is full of deception :sick:

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: scotsure warranty warning
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:37:15 pm »
 :sick:

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 11:52:20 pm »
Those warranties are a scam. The seller doesn't mention the 'pay first then claim' and understandably nobody thinks to ask. If you do try to claim, a huge number of items aren't covered.

The moral of the story is to read the warranty conditions before signing anything. However this is difficult as they're generally sold when you're all excited sitting in your new car.

I take it your brake servo is still leaking then?
'07 Red manual

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 09:00:45 am »
will purchase an aftercare warranty tomorrow with vw direct for £379 for one year, more expensive i know but at least i get the first year peace of mind and no paying up front, also the comfort of people working on my car who actually know what they are doing.
[/quote]
Dont be too sure  :signLOL:

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 03:37:55 pm »
I can imagine sitting in the new car and the dealer chatting  :sick:, you would agree to everything to get out on the road faster!

Just be careful and watch what your signing :)  :happy2:

scottm72

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 07:29:03 pm »
Those warranties are a scam. The seller doesn't mention the 'pay first then claim' and understandably nobody thinks to ask. If you do try to claim, a huge number of items aren't covered.

The moral of the story is to read the warranty conditions before signing anything. However this is difficult as they're generally sold when you're all excited sitting in your new car.

I take it your brake servo is still leaking then?
yeah brake servo still making a noise but not effecting the drive or performance etc so i will wait until the cooling of period ends on new warranty then get it looked at

scottm72

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 07:51:52 pm »
I can imagine sitting in the new car and the dealer chatting  :sick:, you would agree to everything to get out on the road faster!

Just be careful and watch what your signing :)  :happy2:
yeah i know what your saying but i know these warranties and asked all the right questions regarding whats covered etc and i made sure i didnt have to pay anything up front, what i didnt forsee was if i used a different garage for work ( still under the scotsure warranty of alloyed places ) it would then depend on what account that spesific garage had with the warranty company.
when i took my car in for the brake servo to get looked at they started to query who said what at vw regarding the need for the repair because as far as they where concerned the brakes where working fine, my problem with this is the fact they where trying to squirm out of the repair even though the brake servo IS something that is covered under the warranty,,,, i got pissed of with them asking so many questions regarding vws advise that i may need to get this part changed, you see i was in vw originally for parts and i asked him to listen to the problem for me and his advise without doing a mechanical check was that it sounds like the brake servo is faulty - but the bloody garage where i bought the car took my booking, i drove the 20 miles there, swapped my 2 child seats over with my 2 kids in toe, drove the bloody 20 miles back in a piece of s**t clio courtesy car ( 08 and a shed let me tell you ) got home only for them to start phoning me and asking loads of questions,,,, after a while i lost the plot and told them to get my car out of there garage as they where about to start work on it or so they say,, i demanded a full refund for the warranty which at first they declined but then later agreed, i drove back there and swapped child seats etc and got a cheque for the warranty amount.
i was then told i would only have their standard 6 month warranty now on my car but i was so pissed of by thir incompetance and trickery i politelly told them where to stick their aftercare and his responce was - well you will have to sign a letter saying you are refusing the warranty - and to his surprise i said to him - where do i sign.
bottom line is these guys should have done a proper investigation on my brake servo in the first place regardless of what advise was coming from the main dealer, sitting in the drivers seat you can here the blowing noise which instantly goes away as soon as you touch the brakes, according to vw it shouldnt do that but at the same time the vw service manager told me that he has never in his time had a mk5 come in and needed this part changed ?
anyway my garage should have just checked for the fault and then advised as appropriate rather than pissing me about, this got me thinking that the fault find may be beyond there skill set,,,,, maybe they just dont know how to find these kind of faults because at the end of the day they are a country side garage that only sell used cars in different makes and models so they are not for example vw trained.
that was the reason i cancelled the cover and also declined the standard cover cause i dont want anyone touching my car who has questionable skill in mechanics.
i will run the risk of having no cover on my car until after 30 days when the new cover from vw gets past its cooling period.
sure you will agree guys we dont want a bunch of muppets going under our bonnets.
ps,, forgot to say,,, with the selling garage if i get repairs done that are covered under the extended warranty then the warranty company pays them directly,,, and that is what i was told when i bought it,,, but if i use for example the vw dealer then yes they can do their warranty work but they do not have an account with them meaning i pay for everything and then worry my bollocks off whilst i try to claim the costs from the warranty company,,,,,, what a lot of bolloc*s,,, I WAS NOT TOLD THAT WHEN I BOUGHT THE BL**DY THING,,,, this is where i am pi**ed off.

now i am going to buy vws direct warranty for £379 for 1 year,,, i know its dearer but once i have confirmed i am happy with what it covers then at least i have the most trained people possible lifting my bonnet,,, i will check the small print though as this one is their highest cover and will let you guys know.
£379 is for any car under 60k