Make a donation

Author Topic: Uprated clutches, talk to me. What you got?  (Read 4126 times)

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Uprated clutches, talk to me. What you got?
« on: October 02, 2012, 03:06:05 pm »
Right just been driving home from work and steadily tootling along in 6th. Put my foot down and rev counter moved and car didn't. I am currently running sachs uprated at the moment which has lasted just over a year so not pleased at all with it, so dont think i will be going for another. So what you guys got? How do they feel day to day? How much? What sort of power you running through them? Cheers guys

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
Re: Uprated clutches, talk to me. What you got?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 03:09:17 pm »
Right just been driving home from work and steadily tootling along in 6th. Put my foot down and rev counter moved and car didn't. I am currently running sachs uprated at the moment which has lasted just over a year so not pleased at all with it, so dont think i will be going for another. So what you guys got? How do they feel day to day? How much? What sort of power you running through them? Cheers guys

Just over a year  :confused:

I'm soooo glad I went DSG  :innocent:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 03:11:35 pm »

Just over a year  :confused:

I'm soooo glad I went DSG  :innocent:
yep bet you are. Just been talking to statller stevo about this. So wish i'd have bought dsg now. I dont care who you are, you cant change gear faster than one of those babies. Dsg conversion :wink:  :signLOL:

Offline GNJ_Motorsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 20
    • GNJ Motorsport
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 03:11:42 pm »
Which Sachs clutch do you have? I had the 550nm LOBA Sachs clutch plate and single mass flywheel on my stage 3 S3 and that was fantastic. We can do these for £815 delivered.

0% Interest Free Finance Available On All Parts NOW
www.gnjmotorsport.com
info@gnjmotorsport.com  -  01254 883345
Facebook  -  Instagram

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 03:21:31 pm »
Which Sachs clutch do you have? I had the 550nm LOBA Sachs clutch plate and single mass flywheel on my stage 3 S3 and that was fantastic. We can do these for £815 delivered.
tbh im not sure which it is.  Assuming its the one which takes the lesser amount of torque. Either way its sh1t and wouldnt look at another. Tbh im disgusted at how long its lasted. It started slipping when i was on stage 2+ k03.  :confused: I wouldnt mind but im not one of these people that rags the tits off of the car at every opportunity. Never rip it from starts either. (Only at inters)  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:24:50 pm by gazon69 »

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »
I've got stage 3 SMF South Bend clutch and very happy now, the pedal is slightly heavier than stock but feel is great. got it from states for good money Running 330 bhp now

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 05:40:15 pm »
Been looking into uprated clutches lately for my manual Eddy and have read good things about both South Bend and Helix, all gets a bit confusing for me  :ashamed: not sure what to do myself. Are Sach the main company for uprated clutches? Seem to have read a few peeps with similar stories as yours.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Ashley g

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Durward's Autoshop
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 05:55:38 pm »
VW Motorsport clutch running approx 330bhp. Slightly stiffer pedal than standard. Very happy with it!
2007 Edition 30, build number 30 - APR Stealth TBE - APR HPFP- APR stage 2 remap - Custom CAI - KW Clubsports - 10mm spacers on rear - VW Motorsport LSD, clutch & quick shift - A few poly bushes here and there!

*SOLD AND I MISS IT!! ANYONE SELLING A NICE ED30 PM ME* - UPDATE - I HAVE IT BACK!!!

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 06:17:08 pm »
Not really the bhp that affects the clutches its the torque. When mine is driven hard from 1st to 6th its fine. Its just when cruising and you dont gear down from 5th-6th it revs like a bitch. Its gonna have to last now till after christmas. Need to save pennies again. :sad1:

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »
I think i read somewhere that alex was running the helix. Just been on backdrafts site and they sell them on there. Not bad prices too. Dont really tell you what sort of power each stage can handle though.

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 07:52:02 pm »
I had my Sach clutch slip once or twice but only when the car was cold and it was raining hard for some reason. Maybe a bit of moisture got on the clutch? and no it wasn't wheel spin.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:55:05 pm by martziniuk »
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 10:27:01 pm »
I think i read somewhere that alex was running the helix. Just been on backdrafts site and they sell them on there. Not bad prices too. Dont really tell you what sort of power each stage can handle though.

Yeah I've got the helix single mass fly with the 6 paddle.  I'm a helix dealer and I can sort out good prices.

Iirc the last kit I did was 885 all in inc a new slave.  Bit better than 990!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:29:09 pm by vRSAlex »
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 10:33:50 pm »

Not bad prices at Backdraft? There's a first!  :fighting: :fighting:

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 10:23:42 pm »

Not bad prices at Backdraft? There's a first!  :fighting: :fighting:

:signLOL:

Being serious don't go BDM. I really really don't want anyone on here to give them anymore money

Oh and if ur helix breaks their customer service is absolute dog sh!t

CW MkV GTI | DSG | Driver Motorsport tune | HPFP | SPM downpipe | Sach performance coilovers | Volant CAI | 18" Oz Ultraleggeras | SPM ARBs

Offline S77VJP

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 08:14:18 am »
I'm going to go Sachs when I do mine :)