Make a donation

Author Topic: little rattle noise problem from fusebox area help  (Read 1770 times)

scottm72

little rattle noise problem from fusebox area help
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:35:15 pm »
hello people, someone mentioned to me before that a few people had an annoying noise coming from the panel around the fuse box area on the inside area of the drivers door and turned out to be a loose screw very commonly coming loose.
thought i may have the same problem as i get what seems like the sound of a vibrating loose screw once i take my foot of the accelerator exactly from that area.
i popped the panel off today and hey presto i found my fuse box  :stupid:( mk 5 noob i know lol ) but absolutelly nothing was loose anywhere, looks like it was just built yesterday behind that panel ???
does anyone have any ideas what it is i could be hearing ? as i said before just sounds like a loose screw.
to get the panel off and for any future bits to come of and on i invested in a set of panel levers,,, £8 and great to use as i dont want screwdriver gauges if i have to replace the stereo for example
thanks guys and hope someone can help  :drinking:

scottm72

Re: little rattle noise problem from fusebox area help
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:33:48 pm »
can anyone help out with this problem ???
noticed the vibration ( sounds like a loose screw ) is there pretty much all the time unless on a very smooth surface,,, sure its just a screw but where to find it ?

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 06:11:53 pm »

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 06:14:51 pm »
Yep, screw working itself loose in the fusebox is quite common. Fortunately it's easily resolved.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

scottm72

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 06:36:23 pm »
thanks for that guys, yes i took the panel of to expose the fuse box and all they screws are solid ?
didnt know there was a panel on the other side but i will check that also
the noise is coming from the fuse box area definatelly but everything  :happy2:s solid ??? i am pretty sure it is a screw loose as that is the only thing it sounds like

scottm72

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 10:05:49 pm »
took panel of both sides and nothing loose, checked every screw, so i still have this noise coming from around the fuse box area ??????very weird :sad1:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 10:16:34 pm »

took panel of both sides and nothing loose, checked every screw, so i still have this noise coming from around the fuse box area ??????very weird :sad1:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 10:36:27 pm »
It could be anything - panels might have been removed to fit handsfree or whatever, so you'll likely need to rummage about and see what it could be.

Every winter when starting from cold, I have a slight interior rattle from behind the fusebox area that goes away when the cabin starts to get warm. I just cannot pinpoint it though!
Then again I've had panels off that area quite a lot doing retrofits, so can't complain.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

scottm72

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 10:42:22 pm »

man im old i remember that advert, just look at that car - wow - looks so old,,,, mind you the women still looks nice, i tell you man that rattle is coming from that area and nobody knows  :confused:
if it was something broken then i fix it, but little rattle arghhhh cant bl**dy find it
loved the vid  :happy2: